Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a August 19th Sleever!

Has anyone experienced numbing in their stomach? I am numb right by my largest incision. It's a pretty big area. Anyone?

Does your stomach make sounds like an old boiler or a drainhole too? Mine does. It's actually quite comical.

OMG! I am in week two and about to start mechanical soft diet tomorrow. The full liquid diet has been killing me! My guts gurgle and churn CONSTANTLY! I know this is gross, but I'd just like to be able to have a solid BM!

Has anyone experienced numbing in their stomach? I am numb right by my largest incision. It's a pretty big area. Anyone?

I wish that area was numb. Lol! Its still so sore and I'm over 3 weeks post op. :-p

Yes I'm numb there as well. It's beginning to lessen some but at first I could pinch it and not even feel it.

OMG! I am in week two and about to start mechanical soft diet tomorrow. The full liquid diet has been killing me! My guts gurgle and churn CONSTANTLY! I know this is gross' date=' but I'd just like to be able to have a solid BM![/quote']

Im not sure why your stools are loose. Mine were fine from about day 5 and I was on full liquids for 3 weeks. Im on the pureed stage and still get the gurgling etc. In fact, has anyone seen The Grudge? I sound like I have that thing in my stomach! Sadly, I burp alot after eating and drinking too. It doesn't seem to matter how slowly I do it. What is this 'mechanical soft' I keep hearing. I am intrigued.

Im not sure why your stools are loose. Mine were fine from about day 5 and I was on full liquids for 3 weeks. Im on the pureed stage and still get the gurgling etc. In fact, has anyone seen The Grudge? I sound like I have that thing in my stomach! Sadly, I burp alot after eating and drinking too. It doesn't seem to matter how slowly I do it. What is this 'mechanical soft' I keep hearing. I am intrigued.

I'm not sure why they call it "mechanical soft diet", but my handbook has me starting it at stage 4 (day 22). [i guess I was wrong and I'm only on soft diet starting today (day 15).] All it says for mechanical soft diet it that you add baked or canned fish to the soft diet (cream of wheat, oatmeal, potatoes, soft vegetables, eggs, soft fruits).

Two weeks down on the liquid diet with one to go. Things were a bit rough on liquids this week and I can finally see the end and the beginning of pureed! Was never a fan of V8 juice but I must say it is probably my favorite thing to drink now. It's a nice change up from all the Water and Protein Shakes.< /p>

Me too!

Hi gals, it's August Sleevers. If you can't find it PM me and I'll get you in tough with the moderator. It's a great supportive and rapid group. Lots of activity, keeps it fun!

Well went for my two week follow up and I have lost 10 pounds since surgery and total of 25 pounds since starting this journey. I am now on soft foods and very happy about that but still having to deal with gas and reflux after meals and drinks. My doctor says its ok and it will pass so I won't worry about it. He also told me that me worrying about trying to wait 30 mins after eating is something I don't have to do. He just does not want me drinking with meals. So with that being said I did a lot better today with liquids and food today. Very happy that I have made this choice.

I was sleeved on 8/30 and left the hospital on 9/1. Dr ordered one week on clear fluids (no protein). I kind of started purées on Sunday' date=' but it's not going well. I'm not getting my 64 oz fluids and I'm definitely not hitting 60 g Protein. I found one Protein Shake (Click Espresso) I can tolerate in terms of taste and have realized that its responsible for my urgent diarrhea -- so it's back to the drawing board. Good news is I'm down to 280 lbs today (that's 21 lbs post-surgery).

I'm going to try nectar Unflavored with SF pudding later tonight. Anyone try that?

Also, what's the word on baby food? Anyone use it?

My Magic Bullet died on me, so I'm waiting for my replacements: a B&D food chopper and an Oster Beehive blender. They should be here tomorrow. Yayy![/quote']

I just started with the Nectar unflavored the other day. I mix one scoop and one crystal light packet in a bottle of Water. I love it! If you don't smell it you can't really tell its not just regular crystal light. Plus, unlike Isopure unflavored, the nectar doesn't hurt my stomach at all. I usually have a costco Premier Protein ready to drink chocolate shake for Breakfast then one of the nectar water bottles (only 10g of protein) at lunch time then another around 3pm. That takes me to 50g of protein and I try to 'eat' my final 5-10g. Usually Soup or yogurt.

Hey! My surgery was done on 8/29 and I'm doing well. I have forced myself to drink Water and move. This has helped alot. Being in az its a little hard to get the walking in though.

Hi, where in AZ are you? Who did your surgery? I'm in Tucson. Dr. Chaisson did mine.