Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a newby too. I finally figured out how to post. Lol I'm Tiffany from Houston. I had my surgery August 1st. Started out at 244 down to 220. :)

I had mine aug 1st too and live in the houston area too!

Karinb, I was also a revision from band to sleeve and also on the 26th. Glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm right there with you. I've been struggling a bit with heartburn the past couple days, but definitely nothing I can't handle. Hope it continues to go well for you and good luck!

I'm also a revision from band to sleeve and had my first bout of heartburn as I woke up with morning. Had a throat full of acid when I woke up. I actually developed acid reflux with the band, but my surgeon said that should go away about 3 months after the sleeve. I was sleeved on 8/28 in Lexington, KY.

I got mine done on 8/20. Would love to connect with a few ppl! I surely didn't realize how intense of a life changer the surgery was.

Boy, you said it! I'm trying really hard to hang in there, trying to be patient for the recovery, but really having a hard time not being able to eat like I used to. Like someone I know reminded me, I have to change from "live to eat" to "eat to live"!

Any newbies out there? Has my surgery on 8/27 and looking for new Sleevers to go through the journey with.

I had my surgery on 8/7. A little over 4 weeks post op.

Boy' date=' you said it! I'm trying really hard to hang in there, trying to be patient for the recovery, but really having a hard time not being able to eat like I used to. Like someone I know reminded me, I have to change from "live to eat" to "eat to live"![/quote']

I completely agree. I'm a little over 4 weeks post op. The 1st two weeks were super hard. I didn't have any pain but the head hunger about killed me.

Sleeved on 8/12/13. Including the pre op diet I lost 27# in August. When I added cottage cheese and cream Soups, I gained a couple pounds and have stayed at that weight for 2 weeks, but my clothes are getting baggy.

Hi everyone - I'm new to this site and not 100% sure I know my away around yet, but am so happy I found this discussion!

I had my surgery on the 26th and am feeling great generally. Back to work Monday, so I'll find out for sure.

I am worried that I am now drinking too much and very confused about amount of carbs daily, but for now, my doctor says to just worry about Protein and Water intake.

I started exercising a few days ago and am really proud of myself so far - just hoping I don't burn out like so many times before.

Have a great week everyone!

Hello everyone I had my sleeve and gall bladder removed on 8/5. I spent 6 days in the hospital because I didn't last the upper GI test the day after surgery due to swelling. The same day of the surgery I was able to stand and get out bed. By day 3 I was walking around but in pain. The two incisions by my belly button hurt the most.

I went back to work after two weeks but by the afternoon I was tired.

I still have some little tightness internally by my incisions when I do too much or lift more than 10lbs. I stopped taking pain meds 3 days after returning home.

I'm five week post op and feeling good. At two weeks I was down 22lbs. I have not weighed myself since. I'm waiting for my 8 week appt to see how much more I'm down

As far as eating. I struggle to get down 1oz of Protein and most days I don't even get down the veggie or starch. I'm hoping it gets better

Had mine the day before you and I'm still feeling blah. You all?

Had mine on 11th and have to admit did not enjoy the first 2 weeks one bit. But started turning a corner at 3 weeks and am now soooooo much better. 4 weeks today and 25lbs down! Hang on in there. It does get better. :)

SLEEVE ON 8/30

CANNOT MAKIE IT sleeping AT NIGHT DUE TO PAIN

ANY OTHERS? ADVICE?

I feel like I move and manage during the day I dtill have residual pain primarily on left side and alot if soreness but I manage it and do not use pain meds day or night I stopped that within three days after getting home because I did not like the way it was making me feel

At night I try multiple positions with varied success ti get comfortable but cannot stay in any particular position too long. I do not make it asleep more that for two to three hours at a time and bad gas pain will wake me I am up for a few hooours and repeat same pattern. All contributes to how I feel the following day :(

I could not sleep in my bed for almost a week after surgery. I went from recliner to couch and back again several times a night. The first few nights back in bed I was up constantly walking to get the gas to settle and would end up in the recliner. It finally got better. I sleep in my bed and can turn from side to side and even sleep in my stomach. I am 3 weeks out. Good luck. Every day I have to keep telling myself to give it time!

I bought One of those pregnancy pillows/pillows you see in sky mall. It is a giant U it's called the comfort U and it goes from your feet all the way around the head down to your feet again. it has been amazing. I actually have been using it upside down. I use a pillow under my head and put the U side under my feet and have the sides next to each side of me so I can move them around. It saved my sleep I can move it to between my legs, behind my back or under my stomach it is awesome. Highly recommend getting something like that

- Jen, Sleeved 8/29

Sleeved on 8/12/13. Including the pre op diet I lost 27# in August. When I added cottage cheese and cream soups' date=' I gained a couple pounds and have stayed at that weight for 2 weeks, but my clothes are getting baggy.[/quote']

I too was sleeved Aug 12 and including preop have lost 30lbs. Just wondering if you are really weak. Sometimes it's even difficult to hold a blow dryer!

I too was sleeved Aug 12 and including preop have lost 30lbs. Just wondering if you are really weak. Sometimes it's even difficult to hold a blow dryer!

I was sleeved Aug 29 and yes, weakness is a big thing. But I figure my caloric intake is so drastically reduced my body is just trying to adjust. Good luck, and congratulations on your 30 pounds!

I know I probably shouldn't have, but I got on the scale tonight. I was sleeved 8/28. As of 9/4 (the last time I got on the scale), I was down 16 pounds. Tonight it said I was up 1.5 pounds. This can't be right. I have barely eaten anything the last two days because everything keeps making me nauseous! Ugh! So frustrated!