Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on the 30th an dcannot believe today is a week

I would say I feel ok , the more I move the better I feel but afterwards feel totally exhausted

Ran an errand for 30 minutes and was wiped out rest of day............worried about back to work Monday

Crushing meds soe are ok others so bitter I stopped them.........

Can anyone recommend brand for chewable Vitamin? I tried ine day opurity and it made me very nausous

They started me on Flintstones Chewable Complete. Thouht I was done with Flintstone tablets when I was eight. Hope this helps you out a bit. Hopefully the exhaustion issue starts to go away soon.

I was sleeved on the 22. I have to say I have been pretty lucky not very much pain and I was out of the hospital in 2 days. It's now been just over two weeks and I'm back to work. I am a little sleepy sometimes but other than that my incisions are you in quite nicely and I don't have very much pain. To be honest the worst part of this whole surgery was when they took the drain out man that hurt like hell but as soon as it was out it took almost all the pain away I had em up side. Anyways now I have lost 24 pounds but I lost all of that within the first 10 days the last 8 days or so I haven't lost anything and I'm starting to worry. My surgeon says its normal but I feel like I'm eating too much I listen to my body n eat when I'm hungry I can eat very much maybe half a cup and then I'm full. But then I eat a couple of hours later. I am on pureed foods although I have snuck in a few things a little chunky and all seems to fit fine. I almost feel like I haven't had the surgery and I'm half worrying that I've stretched out my stomach already or something because I haven't lost anymore weight. Has anybody else experienced this?

Neal<br />Starting weight: 363. Goal: 250. Current: 337

Hi' date=' I know I am not technically an august sleever (had surgery sep 4th) but wondering if there is a fb group that would let me in? Many sep sleevers havent gone yet and I have so many questions etc. Thanks[/quote']

I'm on an August sleeves group on FB, I'm sure they'll let you squat with us!

I've always been a sweater' date=' but lately I've been drenched in sweat. Eww. Nights are the worst. My doc says the surgery sometimes screw up hormones. He told me to make an appointment with the metabolic doc to check my thyroid and blood levels.[/quote']

I've been the opposite lately, I use to sleep with the temp. At 68º now I sleep at 70-72º weird huh! My guess would be the same as yours (thyroid) but at the same time your body needs time to adjust. Are you tired at all?

Hi' date=' I know I am not technically an august sleever (had surgery sep 4th) but wondering if there is a fb group that would let me in? Many sep sleevers havent gone yet and I have so many questions etc. Thanks[/quote']

I'm in a group that is open to any sleever regardless off surgery date so there's newbies and veterans just search Sleeve Gastrectomy Support Group it's a private group so we can be free to post confidently and comfortably.

I have been having a lot of the same problems others have described. I'm still having problems getting in all my liquids and Protein, but I don't feel like I am losing. I go for my post op on Monday, doc had said he would release me back to work if I was ready to go, but the pain in my left side is horrible, I think I'm going to have to ask for one more week. I can't sit up straight for very long and I can't sleep in the bed, only in the recliner. Does anyone know what the left side pain is?

Welcome!! You will learn lots....everyone is great at sharing experiences and ideas.

I have had more pain on the left too.The shoulder pain was bad on the left and not on right which i think is related to the gas during surgery . My drain was on the left so I am just overall more sore on that side. I was a back sleepr prior with head elevated by two pillows First three days after surgery could only sleep n recliner Now I am doing well sleeping on my right side I had hiatul hernia repair at same time

I guess we all have tofind a way to rest and sleep and a position that provides the most comfot until things settle down

I'm in a group that is open to any sleever regardless off surgery date so there's newbies and veterans just search Sleeve Gastrectomy Support Group it's a private group so we can be free to post confidently and comfortably.

I just put in a request also :-)

Hi everyone!! I was sleeved Aug 1st! I hope you are doing well!!

I almost feel like I haven't had the surgery and I'm half worrying that I've stretched out my stomach already or something because I haven't lost anymore weight. Has anybody else experienced this?

Neal, congrats on your 24 lbs weight loss. My weight stalled for 5 days and then on day six, I dropped 2.5 pounds out of the blue. It may sound crazy but I always think about my weight loss in terms of potatoes. 2 and a half bags of 10 lbs potatoes equal about 24lbs. That's a lot of potatoes.

I had my surgery on 8/21 and besides a little indigestion, I feel like I didn't have surgery either. I wonder if a sleeved stomach can get stretched out with liquid because there doesn't seem to be any liquid limits. I thought it was going to be much worst. I feared that I was going to be ogling over everyone else food, that I was going to be forced to take teensy weensy little baby bites and sips and that I'd never be satisfied. However, none of that has happened. I've heard some horror stories, but this is one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I didn't know it would be this easy.

I appreciate the response. I too expected it to be much worse and I guess I am one of the lucky ones who have had little issue with any if it. I guess when I put that together with now not loosing I figure right away...oh just like my failed diets this ain't gonna work either. Ill try and put that fear aside and hopefully soon ill start to loose again:)

That is exactly how I feel Neal! I have lost 18 lbs since surgery aug 19 but I am in my stall and i am feeling like I am doing something wrong. I have not lost anything in almost a week. I have tried and failed so many times I feel like this is going to be the same thing. I am going to be the one person on here that this does not work for!

I can't fail at this.