Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 8/19. Recovery has been slower than I expected. I had a lot of pain at my largest incision. Couldn't take the pain med because they make me nauseous. I did have some dehydration but a liter of Fluid later and I felt much better. I'm getting my fluids and my Protein in now and I'm feeling better about my choice to have this surgery. My weight before preop diet was 224lbs. Day of surgery I was 211lbs. My current weight is 196lbs.

Congrats on getting to a weight that starts with a 1!!!!

Went for my first "walk" for exercise today! Nice walk in the country to the creek and back. Hard to quench my thirst so I just poured the water bottle over my head to get some relief (I'm in tx and it is HOT). Felt good to exercise.

We can do this!!!! Every day it gets a little bit better!!

Congrats on getting to a weight that starts with a 1!!!!

Awesome! Keep it up you got this!

NONE! Isopuke has been the worst part of this journey for me. I absolutely hate it and have tried every flavor. I even tried to trick myself by making Jello with it or mixing with juice or Vitamin Water zero and making a Popsicle. There is no hiding that vomit after taste. My doctor said my 2 clear liquid options were Isopure and nectar. Nectar has been my savior! It's a powder that mixes clear with water. I went to mybariatricpantry.com and ordered a sample pack of it. It is sooooo much better than isopure.

Starting full liquids today thank god! Can't wait to get as far away as possible from the clear liquid Proteins.< /p>

Anyone have creative recipes or ideas to mix things up for the next 10 days of full liquids?

I agree with you I tried another brand of clear Protein Drink cryo sport or something like that and clear whey taste like vomit which makes me gag. I'm only doing one Atkins shake a day and just bought some Protein Shots to see if that would help. I'm now having indigestion from most fluids?

I'll be 4 weeks out on Thursday. Started soft Protein foods last week. No problems so far. One month follow up is on Friday and hoping I'll be able to stop the Protein Drinks. I'm getting about 3 grams of protein per meal.

I sleeved on 8/6.. srt 393 to wk chk up 370 to more wks yesterday I'm @ 352... told to do mushy foods until..9/17 then on top solid foods. ..

Had my surgery on 8/28. Made it through the first week and doing ok.

I am 2 weeks out and have not lost anything for 4 days. Concerned here too.

SW 236. Goal 150. CW 219

I'

SW 236. Goal 150. CW 219

I'm there too...I was sleeved on the 20th, and have lost about a pound a day since till the past two days. I think what we are experiencing is the dreaded third week stall. I personally think it has to do with our bodies having to catch up with the changes going on. About now I know I have increased my intake from about 150 calories a day to about 4-500......not nearly enough to make me gain, but probably enough for my body to need to figure out what's going on. From what I have read and heard from friends who have gone through this, this is perfectly normal, and we will begin to lose again. Just keep on keeping on and do what we're supposed to and things will work themselves out in the end.

I personally plan on packing my scale today since we are moving and not weighing again till Monday after the move is over. Good luck on the stall guys!!!!

SW 236. Goal 150. CW 219

I'm there too...I was sleeved on the 20th, and have lost about a pound a day since till the past two days. I think what we are experiencing is the dreaded third week stall. I personally think it has to do with our bodies having to catch up with the changes going on. About now I know I have increased my intake from about 150 calories a day to about 4-500......not nearly enough to make me gain, but probably enough for my body to need to figure out what's going on. From what I have read and heard from friends who have gone through this, this is perfectly normal, and we will begin to lose again. Just keep on keeping on and do what we're supposed to and things will work themselves out in the end.

I personally plan on packing my scale today since we are moving and not weighing again till Monday after the move is over. Good luck on the stall guys!!!!

I agree with you I tried another brand of clear Protein drink cryo sport or something like that and clear whey taste like vomit which makes me gag. I'm only doing one Atkins shake a day and just bought some Protein Shots to see if that would help. I'm now having indigestion from most fluids?

I actually liked both of those much better, but my NUT said that they were not complete Proteins so I couldn't have them :(

- Jen, Sleeved 8/29

I'll be 4 weeks out on Thursday. Started soft Protein foods last week. No problems so far. One month follow up is on Friday and hoping I'll be able to stop the protein drinks. I'm getting about 3 grams of protein per meal.

Do you have any soft food recipies.

I agree with you I tried another brand of clear Protein drink cryo sport or something like that and clear whey taste like vomit which makes me gag. I'm only doing one Atkins shake a day and just bought some Protein Shots to see if that would help. I'm now having indigestion from most fluids?

Hi nikki,

GNC has a great whey powder that is unflavored. The protien shots are so full of additives and fake color and flavor that it really does cause some indigestion

If you have a juicer or can get your hands on o e for while, try spinach, apple, carrot and put in the whey protein. Try to go as natural as possible.

The GNC whey also mixes well in Soup. However do not bring it to a boil thought or it clumps.

Good Luck

Moira

I was sleeved 8/28 and I am thinking I want some variety while making sure I meet Protein goals once I start eating.... So I'm leaning toward purchasing the Isopure no carb unflavored protein powder' date=' has anyone tried it? I like the flavored ready to drink Isopure but I'm iffy about unflavored powder. Any suggestions?[/quote']

I was really disappointed in the isopure unflavored protein. It takes a huge scoop and is really milky. I tried it in Tomato Soup, bleh. It also really hurt my sleeve. I couldn't stand it mixed with oj, apple juice or Water with crystal light. Sorry! I just ordered Syntrax Nectar unflavored as I heard it is much better plus its on sale on Amazon for 1/2 price.