Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering the same thing. Can't sleep on my back any longer... my sleep is all messed up. I'm only comfortable sitting up... great for sleeping lol....

I had terrible back aches for the first few days. I've been sleeping in a recliner. I've just started to lay on my side on the couch with a pillow propping my tummy. My back isn't spasming as much and I can sleep up to 4 hrs instead of the 2 hr max i was getting. I was sleeved 8/26/13

I started sleeping on my side day 9 post op, I'm not day 12 and had my stitches out yesterday. Had the best sleep ever last night! X

I am on day 6. I have slept on my side from night 1 Place a pillow in needed spot. The last three mornings I have woken up on my tummy. No issues

Thanks for the post, I was sleved on 8/26/13 and can believe how bad my back has hurted. But since so many other

thing have gone so well, I can side sleep since day 4.

First post op visit tomorrow looking forward to. it.

thank you guys xx everyday seems to be getting better but damn what I would do for some real food oh how I miss it so much. Like Chinese. But I guess that's why I'm here today lol

I was sleeved on 08/29. I was doing so well. My pain was almost nonexistent. Then, suddenly last night,I got these excruciating pains in my lower back. I can only describe it as feeling like full blown hard core labor pains. I'm back in the hospital now to see if they know what's going on. The pain gets better with walking and worse with laying. I'm having no problems with my sleeve. This pain is all below the naval. Any ideas what it could be? Gas maybe?

I'm 9 days post op and initially my back was hurting baaaad...It was hard to walk, breathe, sleep etc. I had pillows all around me and propped myself up to sleep- it made it better; these last couple of nights i've been putting pillows underneath me, and the sides...everywhere! And i've slept so much better!!! You can never have to many pillows :) what i also found with the back pain was that it was actually trapped air...we went out for a good walk last night and lo and behold i'm feeling muuuch better today! Good luck and hope you get some reflief :)

I was sleeved on 08/29. I was doing so well. My pain was almost nonexistent. Then, suddenly last night,I got these excruciating pains in my lower back. I can only describe it as feeling like full blown hard core labor pains. I'm back in the hospital now to see if they know what's going on. The pain gets better with walking and worse with laying. I'm having no problems with my sleeve. This pain is all below the naval. Any ideas what it could be? Gas maybe?

Almost sounds like kidney stones. I had the same exact issues when I had them!

Felt like labor pains but times 100!! And pain went from back to front.

I've slept on my side since my first night home, day 3, the first couple nights you get in position and don't move but than its like it never happened. I am all over the place, I can sit up, roll over and sometimes I even get a treat.

so funny, but correct about the walking I'm 9 days post-op got on a real slow treadmill walk. yesterday and found

that today my back hurt. less.