Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to STOP!, or I will go right back to where I was in March.

I've lost a total of 88 lbs and 49 since surgery 5-8-13. I'm so proud of myself for what I have accomplished. I have worked hard at eating right and exercise throughout my journey. I've been taking all my meds and Vitamins as prescribed, until recently.

Now, since I've gotten a little comfortable I've become a bit too relaxed with my responsibilities with my sleeve. It is so easy to get caught up in the excitement of the new energy, compliments, clothes that fit. OMG! This list is long; but it's time to wake up. I have never had a stall before, believe it or not, but I have not lost weight in the last week. I don't believe I am in a stall now; I think it's due to overeating and not working out as much in the past week and half.

This bad moment started when I decided to enroll in school to get my BA of Behavior Science degree. I'm so excited and welcome the opportunity, but I definitely feel the stress of it all. I notice that I started craving foods I don't normally eat. I was hungry more often, but that was acceptable to indulge because I had worked so hard and deserved a mini break and reward. WRONG WAY THINKING!!! Now, I crave everything and never feel satisfied. I have let the "carb monster" back into my life and it's HELL!.

I'm not beating myself up though, because I knew this might happen and I'm prepared. Tomorrow is a new day. I am going to do 20 carbs a day for 2 weeks and then no more than 40 a day from now on. I know I can tolerate a splurge moment from time to time and it not bother me, but that's it. I have let myself be talked into a false sense of security about my weight control. I am almost 4 months out and thought it would be longer before this happened, but I'm glad it did so I can nip in the bud right now. I have also quit posting and reading the 2 forums I look to for support. That is another no-no.

Even though I'm starting low-carb tomorrow and this will help with the cravings; I realize this is not the only problem. I have let myself get sucked into food being my comforter again. I've worked so hard to change that habit, and with good success until now. I would love to hear what others have done in the past that have helped you deal with your anxiety and/or stress. I realize there's no magic bullet, but sometimes you can really learn from others experiences and solutions.

Thank you for listening. I don't want lectures, please, I just need support and prayers.

I understand where you are coming from. I have made some incorrect choices recently and they are becoming frequent. However, the good thing is we recognize it now and can correct our actions! No judgements at all - sending positive vibes and prayers your way. ????

Thank you for posting this. I'm only a month out, but reading posts like this help me see the issues that might come up in the future and what I need to guard against. I love your determination to do this right. That's the main thing needed to get back on track, I suspect, and you sure have it. Good luck! You sound like you have a good plan laid out.

The hard part about emotional eating is to break the cycle. You know what your triggers are for an episode of the non stop munchies to start. Lord knows I know what mine are,and I do my best to stay away from that but every now and then I will take a bite of something and realize that I can not do that everyday. One thing you can always do is just ask yourself before you eat will this food give me what my body needs, or is it just a mental craving.

I think all my problems come from my eyes, and my mind. my stomach is small and could care less what I put into it as long as it gets somthing the tummy is ok. Its hard to control our eating but we can do it. I'm in school right now getting my 2nd Masters, and I work full time so I just make sure I eat and drink every 3 to 4 hours and that helps me keep satisfied.

You'll feel so much better after you kick the carb monster out again! I am a talker, and when stressed or anxious I really feel a lot better after voicing my frustrations to someone (my poor husband!) and getting some basic encouragement or reassurance.

Yes, went home this weekend and my mom had nothing but yummy comfort foods and then baked my absolute favorite Cookies for the kids. DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

I knew this would be the case ahead of time and had even packed my own foods along, but I ate what she fixed instead.

I think I experienced a bout of dumping. It was not pleasant and a lesson learned. I ate the meals moderately, but darn those cookies.

Old habits are easy to fall back into.