Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquid ideas...please!

Yay! I start my full liquid week tomorrow (week 2 post op), I'm going to the store and wondering if you guys could give me any ideas on what to buy or kinds of Soups I can eat... Excited about this 2nd week!

Full liquid just means that you're still on the same liquids as the first week, but you can add watery Protein shakes, runny Cream of Wheat/Malto Meal, milk, and s/f pudding and ice cream. That's about it. No Soup, unless it's blenderized AND strained (no bean/veggie skin etc). Any Soup with lots of Protein (bean/pea), or even make your own. Pureed/strained lentils and canned soy Beans are plentiful protein sources. You can add n/f or 1% milk and/or Water to anything to thin it out. Don't eat anything that it too thick, or you may be sorry that you did!

Sorry to break it to you, but your body is still healing and can only handle watery stuff still. Didn't your surgeon give you the list? When you get into the puree phase, you'll have more variety, but believe me, it's difficult to even eat that at times! :)

Mine allows and cream Soup strained. Cream of mushroom, potato. Etc

so I'm on the full liquid diet so that means I can have My Protein shakes? on my paper it says jello' date='soups.s/f Popsicles. but I see a lot of people having shakes? I'm seriously starving! My tummy Turns when I heat up Soup. :( I'm 8 days out so idk[/quote']

Full liquid usually includes shakes but call your surgeons and ask. We pay them all this money to be there for us!

My full liquids include Protein Shakes, cream Soups, applesauce, cottage cheese, sf pudding, sf Popsicles, sf frozen yogurt....I actually was also able to get down string cheese at this point because its a soft cheese.

I went to my post op yesterday and I got no help from the nurse practitioner.. When I asked about this phase of the diet because the info they gave me has no info, she said to read the "list" they gave me because its self explanatory... uuugghhh. So frustrating!

That sucks ... when did you get sleeved? The nurse told me on the phone today I will be starting another diet. I think it's soft foods. Not sure, right now I'm on full Liquids

Tomorrow is my very first appointment after surgery.

How are you feeling after the surgery?? Miserable, great, regret??? Just curious ?