Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reaction From The Men In Your Life

BacktoBarb,

My sister, who is a doctor and who had this surgery from Dr Ortiz, will be with me. If you like she will talk to your father about the surgery, about why it is necessary for some of us and how she picked Dr Ortiz.

I wish your guys were more supportive. I wish that for everyon else who posted little support.

My husband is worried about any surgery, but watching my sister, brother inlaw and niece go through it and get healthy he is very supportive. My sons were both excited for me.

BacktoBarb' date='

My sister, who is a doctor and who had this surgery from Dr Ortiz, will be with me. If you like she will talk to your father about the surgery, about why it is necessary for some of us and how she picked Dr Ortiz.

I wish your guys were more supportive. I wish that for everyon else who posted little support.

My husband is worried about any surgery, but watching my sister, brother inlaw and niece go through it and get healthy he is very supportive. My sons were both excited for me.[/quote']

Thanks Raven. My father is just really old (really old) and of course worried like any father would be about surgery. He just saw it be super easy for me before and would rather me not do it just like my boyfriend. Thanks for the offer, but we all had a long talk and he gets it (my mom and I are both RNs). He'll be the quiet old man in the corner while my mom yaps away! So excited to meet you! We only have 31 days left! I hope Dr. Ortiz is ready for us! That's funny having multiple people in the medical field going at the same time. I'm glad your sister will be there too. This is wonderful.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

My boyfriend is very excited for me just wishes he could be there day of but schedules won't allow. We have yet to have sex not because of the lack of desire but because of an adult decision to wait. 18 month's and counting, I've always enjoyed sex before but think I may have allowed it to be more of a male exceptance thing. Now I have found someone who loves me the way I am without sex. I joke with him he'll never get to have all this LOL he tells me I'll always remember your body this way that my size doesn't matter big or small he fell in love with me not my body. So nice to have a supportive man around.

My husband was very supportive. I didn't tell any of my boyfriends. Lol! Omg! I am just kidding...hehe

But really didn't tell anyone else besides my husband, and he couldn't have been happier! He has been a skinny man his whole life and when we got married, 19 years ago now, I was skinny too.....so he didn't really sign up for the fat wife. He stuck with me, through thick and thin, and now I am thin again....and he is so excited he paid for me to get a Tummy Tuck already, and next up is new girls! He didn't really want me to get plastic surgery, but I really wanted it so he said he would do anything to make me happy! I am one lucky girl! Good luck to you! :)

My husband said the same types of things... Said over and over try another diet try this try that. I stood my ground and now he is on board. I am doing all the preop apts and stuff now and plan is to be sleeved mid-November. He's standing beside me and encouraging me. He's educated himself as well and agreed he would eat right and also exercise with me. Weaning myself off caffeine--as a night nurse--- is terrible though!! A lot of people that are males in my life are skeptical, I've been told i didn't try hard enough, I needed to just drink Water more, and I was taking the easy route. I said I was going to do it before thanksgiving so they would take me more serious! So far I've been 7 days with no soda or fast food. I haven't had but 2 sweets in the week and I've lost 12 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been trying to get the ball rolling.

My husband said the same types of things... Said over and over try another diet try this try that. I stood my ground and now he is on board. I am doing all the preop apts and stuff now and plan is to be sleeved mid-November. He's standing beside me and encouraging me. He's educated himself as well and agreed he would eat right and also exercise with me. Weaning myself off caffeine--as a night nurse--- is terrible though!! A lot of people that are males in my life are skeptical' date=' I've been told i didn't try hard enough, I needed to just drink Water more, and I was taking the easy route. I said I was going to do it before thanksgiving so they would take me more serious! So far I've been 7 days with no soda or fast food. I haven't had but 2 sweets in the week and I've lost 12 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been trying to get the ball rolling.[/quote']

You go girl, your doing this for you. Congratulations on your new journey :-)

My husband said the same types of things... Said over and over try another diet try this try that. I stood my ground and now he is on board. I am doing all the preop apts and stuff now and plan is to be sleeved mid-November. He's standing beside me and encouraging me. He's educated himself as well and agreed he would eat right and also exercise with me. Weaning myself off caffeine--as a night nurse--- is terrible though!! A lot of people that are males in my life are skeptical' date=' I've been told i didn't try hard enough, I needed to just drink Water more, and I was taking the easy route. I said I was going to do it before thanksgiving so they would take me more serious! So far I've been 7 days with no soda or fast food. I haven't had but 2 sweets in the week and I've lost 12 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been trying to get the ball rolling.[/quote']

The people who say "you took the easy way out" are idiots. Sorry to be blunt, but anyone who thinks being sleeved is 'easy' doesn't know sh*t. What's easy about having major surgery? Or having to monitor your food, Vitamin, Protein, supplement & Water intake for the rest of your life? What's easy about having to exercise when you may not have ever done so before? Or having plastics after you finally lose the weight because you have so much extra skin? There is no safe, easy way to lose weight. It's ALL hard. Those of us who choose to be sleeved do so because we think this is the best way for US, not because it's EASY.

The people who say "you took the easy way out" are idiots. Sorry to be blunt' date=' but anyone who thinks being sleeved is 'easy' doesn't know sh*t. What's easy about having major surgery? Or having to monitor your food, Vitamin, Protein, supplement & Water intake for the rest of your life? What's easy about having to exercise when you may not have ever done so before? Or having plastics after you finally lose the weight because you have so much extra skin? There is no safe, easy way to lose weight. It's ALL hard. Those of us who choose to be sleeved do so because we think this is the best way for US, not because it's EASY.[/quote']

AMEN

The only guy that knows is my hubby.....When I first discussed it with him, he was against it, completely, 100%......"you can do this on your own"......then after sharing some research I did, he was still against it, but supported me.....after meeting with the surgeon during the info session, he was on board with reservations..........Now that it's post op, he is very supportive, glad I did it.

Of course, at a social function, they were passing out the brownies and dark chocolate, he started passing them to me......I gave him an "are you kidding me?!?" look with pursed lips and lifted brow.....I think he was testing me.....