Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal ideas

I was sleeved 8/12 & will finish my 3weeks of liquids this weekend. I get to start eating foods on Monday! My dr gave me a few meal ideas...tuna & 2 crackers, chicken & mashed sweet potatoes. Anyone have other meal suggestions for a "new eater"?

I was sleeved same day as you. I'm on full liquids too but I don't think I get to move up till my next appointment on 9/9.

How're you doing with all the changes?

The first week was a challenge. I'm still challenged each day to get at least 60 g of Protein & 64 oz of Water. I went back to work 1 week post-op. it hasn't been as hard as I expected. How are you doing?

I was sleeved the 12th too, just started on soft foods and I've made plenty of mistakes! When I make a mistake, it either comes right back up and/or I'm miserable for an hour.

Stuff that worked:

tuna salad

Quail (make sure it's moist)

Cottage cheese and yogurt

Sweet potatoes

Soft cooked cabbage

Soft cooked carrots

Seafood (haddock, catfish, shrimp, tilapia, it's all good)

Beans, refried, mashed, whole, puréed etc

Snow cones with sugar free Syrup (a blessing on a hot day)

Not so good:

Cheesy Soups

Melted cheese

Soft Cooked spinach

Soft Cooked broccoli

Mashed white potato

Good luck!

Thank you NMJG! I've read lots of posts about Greek yogurt & cheese sticks. Have you had encounters with either of those. I'm not a huge fan of baked fish, so I'm hoping chicken will be my friend.

start small, start slow. do test bites. (take a bite, chew well, set your fork down for a minute until you see how it goes down before taking another bite) at first, it won't take much to fill you up. and only try 1 new thing at a time to see how it is tolerated.

within a few more weeks, you will get to move back to REAL food. :) now is the time to start thinking about that. in order to make changes that last, you have to make changes that you can live with. trust me, healthy food does not have to suck! these are the sites that i use to find food ideas, and my kids love the way that we eat now.

http://www.emilybites.com/

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

http://dashingdish.com/recipes/

emilybites is perfect for sleevers, her 'cupcake meals' got me through the first 6 months. there are a couple of hundred recipes between these 3 sites and everything that i've tried has tasted great. remember, eating smaller portions of the same crap that made us overweight in the first place is not a good plan, but these sites have many great versions of those foods that really do taste great, but are healthier.

good luck on your journey, you are doing great so far!

Thank you NMJG! I've read lots of posts about Greek yogurt & cheese sticks. Have you had encounters with either of those. I'm not a huge fan of baked fish' date=' so I'm hoping chicken will be my friend.[/quote']

chicken can be hard to tolerate at first, so don't be surprised if that happens. It will pass…