Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many of y'all use the app My Fitness Pal.. I never really could get the hang of it or I might just not like it but now I'm trying to get back on track and start using it and my dietitian said that it would be good for me so I can know how many calories and Protein and getting a day..

Lots of us use it. I'm not as good at tracking every single day, but generally if I don't track on a particular day it's because I'm having a combination of foods that day which is a match for another day (in other words, I already know I'm in the right range for calories, Protein, fats and carbs). I know others are completely good about it, though.

i use the site to track my numbers but i found it a bit confusing. Therefore, i just list everything under Breakfast so all my foods are there. How frustrating to have an omelet for dinner but the numbers are under the breakfast tab so you have to reload it again. I just load everything under breakfast. The numbers are correct and my dietitian didn't mind.

Ok i try to keep track but i do have problems with food also

I might be alone in this, but I think that tracking my food in MyFitnessPal is JUST as vital in my weight loss as my surgery was, if not more. You can add me at HolyPeas if you feel like it. I do not fill out my diary quite as often as I used to because I tend to be an automated eater (eat the same things or very similar things most days of the week) but especially if I am doing something different, I LOG.

If you go to the app online (as opposed to on a smartphone, as I tend to use day to day), then you can adjust the calorie, Protein, carb, exercise goals etc. You can't make these changes on the smartphone app.

Then I add stuff on the Diary screen (via smartphone, not sure if it is the same on pc but probably similar) and check totals (calories, grams of Protein etc) on the "home" page of my smartphone (again, you'll need to check if its the same on pc, if that is how you will use it). It's brilliant for checking not only if you are keeping to your calorie intake but also staying low on carbs, sugar, fats, etc. and how much of the daily Vitamin requirements you are getting from food alone.

I sort of agree with what others are saying in that different mealtimes are not essential (ie: you can enter everything under Breakfast if you want), except that it can be useful to find out if you are eating "high" on one part of the day eg: breakfast, between meal Snacks.

Stick with it - I'm not IT genius and I find it a great little tool. I don't use it everyday but I regularly use it for a week every now and then to check I'm not straying... And too often I am!

Good luck.

I use it daily. I'm one of those people who has to think about every bite, weigh, measure, and track in writing. I often go back in time to analyze correlation between intake and loss, trying to see if I can reproduce periods of high loss. It just keeps me accountable to myself and my goal. Without it, I could easily graze my way back to 305 pounds.

I've been using something with which to log my food for years. It becomes habit after a while. I don't just log, I use it to plan. I'll enter a few things in advance of eating them and make sure that I will meet my goals for that day if I eat that stuff.

Where it's REALLY helpful is when I plan to eat out. Many times something that sounds healthy turns out to be godawful. The time to pick what you will order at a restaurant is BEFORE you even step into the restaurant otherwise you can sabotage your whole day.

I track religiously, which is a complete shock to me. I tried tracking during a previous diet and never stuck to it. I think it was because I couldn't be honest with myself about what I was putting in my body. Now it is easier, because I'm doing mostly the right things. It helps me get to my Protein goal every day, and to keep carbs down. It also helps me see when my calories are too low. I had a day recently where I had only eaten about 500 calories by 8pm, so I made myself eat a snack. I tend to stall when my calories are too low, and the only reason I know that is because of MyFitnessPal.

I use it every day and it works great. It works even better with friends when you get a lot of support. Feel free to add me workitoutwoman

I also love MFP. I am obsessed with logging. Anyone can add me! lilbearzmom

I just signed up on My Fitness Pal and wow, this is cool how it knows the calorie, sodium, fat, etc. An tells you how many calories a day you should eat to lose weight each week. It's better to lose a pound a week than to gain 2. I know you can have friends follow along with you so I invite anyone who wants to be my pal to find me at "Journey2Life." Thank you I need all the friends and encouragement as well.

I started using My Fitness Pal once I started the soft food phase. It takes a while to get used to it, especially if you're technically challenged like me. I used to log everything by hand, but I'm beginning to find MFP a lot easier.

One of the requirements of my 12 week pre-op program is to weigh, measure, and log my food on myfitnesspal.com. So, it's a habit now, 4 weeks into the program. I am no geek, but I can function in the program. It's helpful and reduces guessing about what nutritional values I am getting every day.