Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved on Sept 4th. Really excited and really nervous at the same time. All of my pre op prep is done and I am on my 3rd day of my pre op diet. It's easier than I thought until I came home today and had nothing to do! It seems like all I'm thinking about is food and watching TV is murder! All they show is food and commercials for more food. Aargh!! Just venting...are there any other sept sleepers out there who has started their pre op diet?? What are your thoughts? What are some of your fears about the surgery?

My biggest fear is stretching my new sleeve out and gaining the weight back!!! That is a huge fear...

Getting sleeved on Sept 4th. Really excited and really nervous at the same time. All of my pre op prep is done and I am on my 3rd day of my pre op diet. It's easier than I thought until I came home today and had nothing to do! It seems like all I'm thinking about is food and watching TV is murder! All they show is food and commercials for more food. Aargh!! Just venting...are there any other sept sleepers out there who has started their pre op diet?? What are your thoughts? What are some of your fears about the surgery?

My biggest fear is stretching my new sleeve out and gaining the weight back!!! That is a huge fear...

Hi Nikki, I just keep reading everything I can and trying to prepare. I found the book "the emotional first aid kit". To be very good. I know what you mean about coming home with nothing to do and getting hungry. I've been noticing my tough times and preparing strategies to combat them. Just keep telling yourself that you are growing more beautiful, healthy and strong every day and keep on keeping on...

The week before is the hardest because you actually CAN eat if you choose too. After its much easier... gets boring on liquids, but you know you cant eat so its isn't that bad. Good luck. Im 2.5 weeks post op and really starting to feel good again.

Hi Nikki' date=' I just keep reading everything I can and trying to prepare. I found the book "the emotional first aid kit". To be very good. I know what you mean about coming home with nothing to do and getting hungry. I've been noticing my tough times and preparing strategies to combat them. Just keep telling yourself that you are growing more beautiful, healthy and strong every day and keep on keeping on...[/quote']

Hi, I am actually reading that book as well. I saw a gentleman on YouTube reference the book and said it was a very good helpful read...so I got it and I'm actually on chapter 8. Very good book and very real. It's down to earth and gives it you a wealth of information. I will have to do something with my time...maybe go for a walk when all I want to do is eat because I'm bored!! Good luck on your journey!

Ok so the pre op diet is going better than I thought it would. When I get hungry...and it's alot, I have some sugar free Jello. It actually helps alot. So I am one day and a wake up from my surgery date and surprisingly I am not as nervous as I thought. Wednesday at 745am is my time...I am so excited. I will keep everyone posted. Good luck to all the September sleevers!!

Good luck, I'm right behind you

I am not really fearful of failing at loosing the weight or gaining it back. I started doing very intensive therapy at the beginning of this year to address the reason I am overweight in the first place. I did the hard mental work first before I even knew I wanted to do WLS. My only real fear is the surgery itself and potentially unforeseen complications. I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest putting new clothing outfit ideas in my "personal best" board. It's keeping me busy and my mind off things.

I am not really fearful of failing at loosing the weight or gaining it back. I started doing very intensive therapy at the beginning of this year to address the reason I am overweight in the first place. I did the hard mental work first before I even knew I wanted to do WLS. My only real fear is the surgery itself and potentially unforeseen complications. I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest putting new clothing outfit ideas in my "personal best" board. It's keeping me busy and my mind off things.

I have never heard of Pinterest...I will have to check that out! Thanks

I have never heard of Pinterest...I will have to check that out! Thanks

You can download it as an app or log onto their web page.

Haha I know how you feel I am on my 4th day and my surgery isn't until the 12th. I see my family eating and I want to smack them all and eat their food. I hope it gets easier for you and can't wait to see your progress... Keep it up!!!

I'm scheduled for the 4th as well!! It can't get here soon enough. My biggest fear, sounds kind of silly, is being thirsty. I love Water which is a good thing but I can easily down 16+ ounces after a workout. Obviously after surgery I won't be able to and that's honestly my biggest worry. I don't want to be thirsty and not be able to drink.

I wish you the best!!!

I'm scheduled for the 4th as well!! It can't get here soon enough. My biggest fear' date=' sounds kind of silly, is being thirsty. I love Water which is a good thing but I can easily down 16+ ounces after a workout. Obviously after surgery I won't be able to and that's honestly my biggest worry. I don't want to be thirsty and not be able to drink.[/quote']

My date is Sept 10Th and that's one of my biggest fears also.. Sipping ... I love my Water too and I drink it down fast ( guzzle ) ... I'm afraid sipping wont cute it for me...