Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Threw in a 4/10 mile walk on the treadmill this morning before Breakfast. Today is the day I add one more lap to my daily walk around the warehouse. And of course I will be walking this evening after work. Have a great day everyone!

Hey, I'll do this one too! (Oh crap, just remembered I will be on hols 2nd half of September...well, I will join in as much as I can!) I got fitbit and lurrrrrve it muchly. I will be walking, ellipticaling and rebounding my way to 100mi.

Between 1-2 sept, I've already done 13k (I will convert to miles when not on phone lol). Woot, yay for btb's tt!! :-)

Okay, so I did a bit of quick converting and it appears my fitbit is having me do 5 miles a day minimum, so if I did that every day (no reason to think I won't, I'm not doing anything extraordinary to reach that now), I would have 150 miles by end of September, right? (I suck at math LOL...) So here's hoping I don't turn my ankle or anything!! ;)

Hey' date=' I'll do this one too! (Oh crap, just remembered I will be on hols 2nd half of September...well, I will join in as much as I can!) I got fitbit and lurrrrrve it muchly. I will be walking, ellipticaling and rebounding my way to 100mi.

Between 1-2 sept, I've already done 13k (I will convert to miles when not on phone lol). Woot, yay for btb's tt!! :-)[/quote']

Glad to have you. I think the whole point is just to do what you can, and to challenge yourself to go just beyond the comfort zone. Hitting some arbitrary number like 100 miles is irrelevant. But pushing beyond our comfort zones....that's where we grow.

I'm in!!! I have my first 5k coming up this month so this will help with that. I'm coming in a little late, but in sure I can do this. Good luck everybody....

I logged 6.25 miles today for a total thus far of 24 miles! This challenge is very motivating!

You go, girl!!

Okay I did download MapMyRun and tried it yesterday on the treadmill and I'm not sure what I did wrong but it just kept track of the time. Sigh.

So I found an online treadmill calculator where you put in a couple of bits of info and it will calculate distance for you. I only ran for 25 minutes at level 5 speed no incline and it said 2.1 miles. Oh and the online one asked for my weight and my treadmill at home doesn't. So my home treadmill said I burned 300 cals and the online calculator said 342...wonder which one I like better? lol

Up next is spin class today...

Okay I did download MapMyRun and tried it yesterday on the treadmill and I'm not sure what I did wrong but it just kept track of the time. Sigh.

So I found an online treadmill calculator where you put in a couple of bits of info and it will calculate distance for you. I only ran for 25 minutes at level 5 speed no incline and it said 2.1 miles. Oh and the online one asked for my weight and my treadmill at home doesn't. So my home treadmill said I burned 300 cals and the online calculator said 342...wonder which one I like better? lol

Up next is spin class today...

We ALWAYS trust the higher numbers, M2G! :)

Mapmyrun will not keep track of your distances on a treadmill. But you can go into the "log" tab and manually enter a workout including distance and speed. You can also input any type of workout whether it be run, walk or bike.

I started kind of late, but added 3 miles this morning before power cardio workout and will add another 2 this afternoon before Cross fit session and 3 after dinner. Total since starting on Sunday will be 12 by end of today. I think it will work to throw in 2 miles when I wake up, 3 before morning power cardio, 2 before afternoon cross fit or at home body strength workout and another 3 after dinner. So that is about 10 a day. we will see if that is sustainable combined with usual daily workouts. Running 2-3 miles per run is relaxing at around 6.0 mph, enough to get a light sweat going but not hard in terms of cardio or that time intensive (30 min for 3 miles at 6.0 mph). That is the way I want it because my hard cardio will not come from this running.

I'm in, it's surgery + 5 days using MapMyFitness, one of the tools that my work Vitality program partners with, works well with my Android phone when I remember to turn the GPS on.

1.5 miles down, better get the walk in for today

I'm in, it's surgery + 5 days using MapMyFitness, one of the tools that my work Vitality program partners with, works well with my Android phone when I remember to turn the GPS on.

1.5 miles down, better get the walk in for today

Glad to have you Bruce.

Alright...for those who have asked about Mapmyride (or Mapmyrun or Mapmywalk...they're all the same) I've gone back and put in my runs for this challenge. And I'll keep them all on there for anyone to see. I had to manually input a couple because I don't always run with my phone, but I'll try to use it for the duration of this event. Anyone can friend me on there and then you can see the workouts.... my name there is butterthebean...same as here.

I started kind of late' date=' but added 3 miles this morning before power cardio workout and will add another 2 this afternoon before Cross fit session and 3 after dinner. Total since starting on Sunday will be 12 by end of today. I think it will work to throw in 2 miles when I wake up, 3 before morning power cardio, 2 before afternoon cross fit or at home body strength workout and another 3 after dinner. So that is about 10 a day. we will see if that is sustainable combined with usual daily workouts. Running 2-3 miles per run is relaxing at around 6.0 mph, enough to get a light sweat going but not hard in terms of cardio or that time intensive (30 min for 3 miles at 6.0 mph). That is the way I want it because my hard cardio will not come from this running.[/quote']

Fiddleman....your workout schedule is darn impressive! You amaze me. How do fit all your exercise in with work and a relationship?

Fiddleman....your workout schedule is darn impressive! You amaze me. How do fit all your exercise in with work and a relationship?

Lol! I felt like I earned a mile just for reading about all of that exercise! :P

It works. I think the key for me is keeping workouts between 30-60 min, no longer, including warmup, cool down and stretching. I have on average 3 hours an evening to spend with my wife, less if I have dead lines to crunch through at work. I do try and get quality sleep at night so essentially retire at 9:30 pm and am up at 5:30 am to do a quick run and then start work at 6am. I workout mid morning and mid afternoon usually. Work is usually done by 6 pm for the day. Run after dinner is new, but I am going to try it for 30 min.