Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Wow.... So glad so many of you are joining in. Thanks to all of y'all. I must admit that part of my reason for doing this is the challenge, but it's also part dread that after surgery I won't be able to run for quite a while. I'm already feeling the angst of that. Running is definitely my cross over addiction. How sick is that?

I ran 5 miles on the trail this morning to get up to 22.8 after 4 days. The next 3 days will be kinda light for me due to work but come Friday I can kick it into high gear.

This Saturday will be another 10K race in Temple, TX. And I have at least 1 more planned later this month.

Okay, I'm in! I'm NOT the running type so it will be me and the Gazelle walker And my bike if I get it out! AND, I'm starting three days late so I get three extra days! :)

I'm totally in. I have a 5K on 29 SEPT and another on 12 OCT so I've already been trying to cut my 5K time down. I love it when a community comes together for the good of everyone. I use the Sport Tracker app but my running partner uses Map My Run we both like each of them ok.

I did 53.39 miles last month (surgery month) so I'm looking forward to doubling that number now that I'm pretty much healed.

Thanks for the link LV... and thanks BTB for starting this!

I'm going to join in! Mine will be mostly treadmill and spin class.

My treadmill does NOT count distance/miles, etc. (I know how crappy is that? People don't believe me when I say that.) It only counts heartrate, time, incline, and speed. So I need to find an app for my phone that will count the miles. I'm not used to carrying my phone with me either but I will give it a whirl!

Spin varies b/c the instructor does different things each week, but I try to go 2x a week and we usually log between 14-20 miles per class. It's an hour long class and she does an "advanced" class that is an hour and a half (which I'm too chicken to try...but maybe I will try that too someday this month!!)

Excited to jump in! Thanks all...

Try cardio tracker it keeps track of distance walked, incline, calories burned. I know it is available for Android platform but nor sure if available for iPhone. It also will tracks cycling as well but I have never used it for spin class.

Welcome to the forum and the 100 mile challenge. This will be a great challenge for me since I have not had my surgery yet and have not been as active as I used to be so this will force the issue.

One in the books for the BTB challenge! 5.25 miles today!!!!! My personal best. Well, one day anyway! Lol

Just walked another .83 miles in 16.83 minutes. Still small but a start. I just have to keep adding to it every day.

I'm in! Starting spin class tomorrow. I usually log about forty miles a month, so this will certainly be a challenge!

Just walked another .83 miles in 16.83 minutes. Still small but a start. I just have to keep adding to it every day.

You're off to a great start. Thanks for joining in.

I'm in! Starting spin class tomorrow. I usually log about forty miles a month' date=' so this will certainly be a challenge![/quote']

Glad to have you. This mileage is way up from my average as well. But after losing 180 pounds and turning my life around....there isn't much I feel like I can't do.

I just started a 100 mile challenge with my friend this month too :) I'm signed up for Ragnar Napa Valley 200 mile relay in a few weeks (my part is only 13 miles) but figured the 100 mile challenge is a good way to keep the momentum for the month going. Good luck on your 100 mile challenge!!

That's awesome...keep it up and the miles will add up!

I logged 6.25 miles today for a total thus far of 24 miles! This challenge is very motivating!

Hey, I'll do this one too! (Oh crap, just remembered I will be on hols 2nd half of September...well, I will join in as much as I can!) I got fitbit and lurrrrrve it muchly. I will be walking, ellipticaling and rebounding my way to 100mi.

Between 1-2 sept, I've already done 13k (I will convert to miles when not on phone lol). Woot, yay for btb's tt!! :-)

I'm in too! Will aim for 50 miles running and 50 miles biking or walking. Logged 7 miles yesterday, 2.5 of it running.

Good luck everyone!