Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Howdy fitness freaks. Today marks the 30 day countdown till my long awaited TT surgery. Damn I'm excited. To Celebrate, I'm going to spend the next 30 days doing something I've never done before.....I'm going to run 100 miles in the next 30 days. Certainly other people have done it...even people on this forum have done it. But it will be my biggest monthly total to date. I never ran a step voluntarily until last year. Since then, my life and body have changed so much.....I can't imagine not having this great gift I've found. To me running is like a newly found super power....one that I never thought I'd have.

So I'm going to run 100 miles total between now and my surgery date of 9/30. If anyone wants to join me...walk, run, hike, bike .........whatever you can do.

BTW Laura-Ven has agreed to do the 100 miles with me.....so I'd appreciate y'all's help in making sure she does it. She needs your "motivation".

I will commit to riding 100 miles on my bike. Between now and September 30. I think it is a great goal for you and also for me. Good luck with your upcoming surgery as well.

Is there a place where we can track our progress?

I will commit to riding 100 miles on my bike. Between now and September 30. I think it is a great goal for you and also for me. Good luck with your upcoming surgery as well.

Is there a place where we can track our progress?

"Map my ride" is a good phone app that will track your miles for you.

I think doing the 100 mile run challenge is a fabulous idea! It is going to be hard, but I guess it really depends on how you slice up an average of 25 miles a week. Are you going to do something like a 10-10-5 split for 3 x a week or perhaps 10k for 4 days a week?

Sorry I will not be joining you in the form of running as it is too much cardio with regards to my lifting goals this month. However, I am wondering if I could do 500 pull up challenge instead? I know it is not running, but it would help me make some real headway on completing a large number of unassisted pull ups over the month. There would still be some kinship throughout the month among the group even though we have different physical goals.

Good luck on the countdown!

I think doing the 100 mile run challenge is a fabulous idea! It is going to be hard' date=' but I guess it really depends on how you slice up an average of 25 miles a week. Are you going to do something like a 10-10-5 split for 3 x a week or perhaps 10k for 4 days a week?

Sorry I will not be joining you in the form of running as it is too much cardio with regards to my lifting goals this month. However, I am wondering if I could do 500 pull up challenge instead? I know it is not running, but it would help me make some real headway on completing a large number of unassisted pull ups over the month. There would still be some kinship throughout the month among the group even though we have different physical goals.

Good luck on the countdown![/quote']

I think 500 pull-ups is an awesome goal. I have to be flexible with my mileage from day to day, but my idea is to alternate long runs with short runs. Unfortunately I did 8 miles today only to find out right after there's a 10K trail race tomorrow morning....but I couldn't pass on it.

I am 2 weeks post op, but will do what I can. I am rebuilding my strength up daily. Does walking on a treadmill count? Is there an app that would also track steps and or miles walked on a treadmill or recumbent bike?

I am 2 weeks post op' date=' but will do what I can. I am rebuilding my strength up daily. Does walking on a treadmill count? Is there an app that would also track steps and or miles walked on a treadmill or recumbent bike?[/quote']

Yes it counts! Welcome aboard! I'm sure there is a treadmill app there am app for everything!

What was bizarre? You must elaborate.

We went to kings mountain art fair it in the redwoods above woodside... It was awesome we parked and hiked on a trail that made its way up to the fair

You can take a shuttle up to it but hey why not get a hike in while your at it? So we got 3.7 miles down today!!! The fair was great but it was bizarre to hike in the redwoods and end up at a fair looking at artwork that cost 10.000 dollars (didn't buy anything :P) sipping wine to turn around and hike back down again!

Getting ready for surgery in the next few weeks. But I will commit to continuing working out three days a week with my personal trainer until surgery. And then I commit to working out consistently once my docs clears me. Slowly but surely I will get back to running!

I am 2 weeks post op' date=' but will do what I can. I am rebuilding my strength up daily. Does walking on a treadmill count? Is there an app that would also track steps and or miles walked on a treadmill or recumbent bike?[/quote']

Hello and welcome. Map my run will allow you to input your times and distances manually and then it will keep weekly and monthly totals for you.