Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you handle attention from the opposite sex now that you've been sleeved and are SUPER HOT?

You got hit on by Mimi in another thread...

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Awww...butter bun!

Well I know I'm looking HOT! And I'm not attached!

So I always say "you can look but you can't touch". Well, that's not true they can touch too!!

I don't blame them for not looking before! I didn't like looking either.

Now they can butter all my biscuits!!!

Girl' date='

I know you didn't just lump me in with BCA!

[/quote']

Lmao you're too cute Mrs.Laura I would never do that

My honest answer. I don't know. My wife has pointed out to me on several occasions where she believes woman have been "checking me out" or have been more nice that just normal chit chat (cashiers' date=' waitresses, etc).

I really don't know and I think I know why. For my entire life I expected to not get that kind of attention. I remember being in junior high and realizing that I was the big guy and only after someone got to know me would I have any chance, I wasn't the cute guy that instantly drew attention. I really think that has contributed to why I am apparently so oblivious to any attention now.

I really wish I would get some of that attention, to have that feeling for once in my life that I was someone that had a physical appeal to the ladies. It might be the case, but if it is, I don't know about it. Guess I'll have to continue relying on my sparkling personality and quick wit. :)

Just realized I was of no help in actually answering your question.[/quote']

You were. You haven't noticed but your wife has. That's OK just respond back to this thread once you do. I also don't notice but my wife does as well and has mentioned it to me several times. I get compliments at work but think of those as people just being kinder sucking up since I am there boss. I have been overweight my entire life give or take a few times and never thought of myself as being attractive. I never figured out how I got a women as hot as my wife but I'm happy I did.

Awww...butter bun!

Well I know I'm looking HOT! And I'm not attached!

So I always say "you can look but you can't touch". Well' date=' that's not true they can touch too!!

I don't blame them for not looking before! I didn't like looking either.

Now they can butter all my biscuits!!!

[/quote']

I think some guys think the picture of Mimi might actually be you during Halloween, but I know it's a character from the old Drew Carey show.

I think some guys think the picture of Mimi might actually be you during Halloween' date=' but I know it's a character from the old Drew Carey show.[/quote']

Maybe it IS her..and she's a celeb sleever..and now she's walking around looking like heather locklear?

I notice the difference a lot. I normally smile and ignore it. I put it into my NSV victory folder!

Not sure. Since I don't think I've actually been hit on since going from 248 to 156. At poker last week there was a new guy who sat next to me and I could feel him staring at me the whole night. He talked much also. Felt like he was "checking me out". Hubby was at a different table just watching. he feels men look at me all the time. Always asking me what so and so said. I don't feel men looking at me at all - but my hubby notices it so maybe it's true?

Not sure how to deal with it since I've never had to deal with it...

Not sure. Since I don't think I've actually been hit on since going from 248 to 156. At poker last week there was a new guy who sat next to me and I could feel him staring at me the whole night. He talked much also. Felt like he was "checking me out". Hubby was at a different table just watching. he feels men look at me all the time. Always asking me what so and so said. I don't feel men looking at me at all - but my hubby notices it so maybe it's true?

Not sure how to deal with it since I've never had to deal with it...

Did you feel uncomfortable and what did your husband think of the attention you were getting?

Oh and let's not forget big country.... :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think I get hit on at all. I do happen to wear a huge diamond ring which I like to think keeps anyone with ulterior motives away. ;) (The only time I don't wear it is at the gym and 95% of the time my husband goes with me...)

When I was in the "losing" phase, I would sometimes get polite comments (men and women both...who knew me BEFORE being sleeved) about how nice I looked etc. but OMG, when my husband was losing people were falling all over themselves (men and women again) to tell him how great he looked. I *think* that bothered me more than random interactions with strangers who may or may not be hitting on me. So hard to tell. I'm a talker by nature so I think nothing of having a short conversation with someone at the grocery store or bank, etc.

Edited to add: I *just* now read the entire topic of the post...LOL Laura now it makes sense what you were saying. I clicked on this over to the right and it didn't show the whole title, and I never looked up to see what it said. I don't consider myself super-hot...but a WAY better version of myself when I was fatter. :)

I think all of our hotter now or on our way to being super hot(based on some of the pics I've seen). I'm sure all of our spouses or significant others think we are hot even when we don't think we are. Whether we relish the attention or do not acknowledge it, I think we may all need to get used to getting more attention. How we deal with it is another story. My wife also has a platinum eternity band with huge diamonds and she is constantly getting hit on and tells men she is happily married or ignores them, but then she has always been super hot ( I lucked out). I, on the other hand have not had those experiences.

I think all of our hotter now or on our way to being super hot(based on some of the pics I've seen). I'm sure all of our spouses or significant others think we are hot even when we don't think we are. Whether we relish the attention or do not acknowledge it' date=' I think we may all need to get used to getting more attention. How we deal with it is another story. My wife also has a platinum eternity band with huge diamonds and she is constantly getting hit on and tells men she is happily married or ignores them, but then she has always been super hot ( I lucked out). I, on the other hand have not had those experiences.

[/quote']

True my husband always thought I was pretty hot..

I do FEEL more "hot" these days I will say that.

And that probably has a bit to do with the extra attention (as does the 76 pounds I'm sure)

My thoughts? I really don't put to much stock in strangers trying to pick up on me. But I like feeling my own sexiness..

Somedays I get up dressed and out and drive around in my own feeling hot show, just running errands. I'm might be the only one tuned in and watching Laura's hot sexy outing but it feels good anyway. :P

So my question to you is how do you feel about yourself without the outside influences?

Maybe just a little hot? Here and there? :)

I get all blushy and awkward. That usually kills whatever attraction the other person was feeling, LOL!!

LMAO! That is EXACTLY my same reaction! And yes, I do feel very flattered when guys talk to me that wouldn't have spoken to me before. And then later on, I try not to "go there" and over think that. But I can't help it. I know if I was still 215#'s in my 5'2" frame, no one would even look my way let alone speak to me. But you have to put that into perspective as well. Would I look at some guy who was more than 100 lbs overweight? Probably not. So with that said, yes I'm single, yes, I like the attention and I have no idea how to properly handle that right now. And I'm loving it!!!!!

Flattered...anyone who is insulted is taking themselves a bit too seriously.

My best advice is for every ounce of extra attention you get...give 2 ounces worth to your wife to keep her from worrying about it all.

Butterbean- you know the right way to treat your wife!!

"clink, Here's to the two of you appreciating life!!