Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all September 24th buddies

Congratulations to all of you on your weight loss success!!!! Reading your post are motivating me at a times I'm wondering if my experience is normal.

I had my WLS on 11/14/13, SW 266, includes pre-op CW 242, GW 165.

I thought to join in on the September group to learn from your experiences. Everyone on my November group seems be in what most are referring a "stall" and I'm right there with them.

I'm getting in all my fluids, Proteins and small meals. My greatest challenge is not walking enough due to low back and right knee injury.

I feel guilty when I eat my small meals, as if it's causing me not to lose weight.

Few questions

Did you experience this as well, this stall within your 4 to 6 weeks post-op?

When did you start losing or seeing results again, like when on pre-op liquid diet?

What are you using for your scars?

Are you shedding lots of hair?

What Iron Vitamins taste or works for best you?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and experiences!!

Mrs Rookie! : )

Congratulations to all of you on your weight loss success!!!! Reading your post are motivating me at a times I'm wondering if my experience is normal. I had my WLS on 11/14/13, SW 266, includes pre-op CW 242, GW 165. I thought to join in on the September group to learn from your experiences. Everyone on my November group seems be in what most are referring a "stall" and I'm right there with them. I'm getting in all my fluids, Proteins and small meals. My greatest challenge is not walking enough due to low back and right knee injury. I feel guilty when I eat my small meals, as if it's causing me not to lose weight. Few questions Did you experience this as well, this stall within your 4 to 6 weeks post-op? When did you start losing or seeing results again, like when on pre-op liquid diet? What are you using for your scars? Are you shedding lots of hair? What Iron Vitamins taste or works for best you? Thank you in advance for your feedback and experiences!! Mrs Rookie! : )

Hi Scorpion,

Yes, stalls are very common...I've been through three so far. Just our bodies trying to take a break and catch up. Just keeping doing the right thing and it will pass.

I never lost as fast as pre-op and immediately post surgery after the first month..but slow and steady wins the race... And your skin doesn't sag as much in my opinion.

I put neosporin on my scars for awhile, but nothing now....they seem to still be getting better with time.

I haven't had any real Hair loss issues yet, and I take Biotin every day.

I don't take an Iron supplement....don't know why...doctor didn't recommend for me.

Hope that helps. Just stick with the plan, stay focused, and it WILL work.

Good luck.

I have stalled on occasion but stopped weighing myself. I have dropped 5 clothes sizes so I gauge my weight loss on that.

No Hair loss issues but I also take 2 "fruit" and 2 "vegetable" capsules (phytonutrients & fiber); a Multivitamin (Centrum for women 50+); Omega 3; and B Complex drops.

In December I had my Primary Dr check all of my blood levels to make sure I wasn't either deficient or over-supplementing. EVERY test came back perfect! That includes the cholesterol (good and bad) yay!

My Brother and sister have both had the bypass and each had issues. I have learned from their mistakes as far as nutritional deficiencies and not following a proper diet.

I have found that the plate it my worst enemy. I cannot eat off of a regular plate because I will overheat every time. I have an expresso set and I use the saucer as my plate. I find it easy to eat right and I am satisfied- I know it's psychological so I am learning to work around some of the issues that got me here in the first place (like being told to eat everything on my plate)