Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else just get done with preop appointments and waiting for approval?

Finished all my pre-op 1 Oct. Was told that my surgical office just got all the paperwork and they submitted to my insurance company. On a time crunch with this whole surgery because I am suppose to start a new job 4 Nov. I don't know if it will all happen in time.

Bright eyes, I understand the deadline thing. I'm under one too. It's not a new job, but for health reasons. Oncologist only agreed to let me get Gastric sleeve surgery if it was done within a 3 month window. I'm running out of time. I was all done until I ran into a snag with the cardiologist then had to go for a 2nd opinion because I didn't trust the 1st evaluation. Now I'm scheduled for a CT Scan of my heart but it's not until Oct 16th..ugh... At least I was pre-approved by my insurance company..so once that's done and I get the all clear.. I'm hoping to have surgery before the month is out..but who knows because I still have to do a week of boot camp protocols before doc will operate. Grrr..so right now I have until Nov. 15th before the oncologist pulls the plug and put me back in maintenance chemo.

I hope it all goes well for you,

Congrats, they said someone would call me today but I haven't heard anything at all this drives me crazy not knowing what's going on.

Be persistent, I was calling and bugging my surgeons office at least twice a week and when I called today they had one more date open for surgery before Jan and I got it!! I know they are busy but like you said, they rush us and then they take their sweet ass time setting us up with a date. Good luck..call tomorrow! lol

Finished all my pre-op 1 Oct. Was told that my surgical office just got all the paperwork and they submitted to my insurance company. On a time crunch with this whole surgery because I am suppose to start a new job 4 Nov. I don't know if it will all happen in time.

Good luck! Im crossing my fingers for you!

I just got home from my preop appointment. Surgery is Monday. Yea

YAY!!! I bet your excited! Good luck and keep us informed!

Congrats! I know you are soooo glad it's getting done this year.

Yes I am Thank you!!! I don't have words for the excitement now! lol Getting a date just made it more real I guess!

I still dont have all my pre-op done. I go dr on the 16th of this month and I still have my egd and pre-op labs. But on the plus side already got ins approval! I think the wait is the hardest! Noe that I'm so close it can't come soon enough!

It will all happen. I have to go see the nurse practitioner on Nov 27 and then my last set of blood work and paper work for hospital the same day. then I am all set for surgery! Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement I guess we will see tomorrow they closed at 4 pm yesterday they said the coordinator had already left for the day I just called my insurance and they haven't even submitted it for approval to them yet and tomorrow will be a week since I finished all my pre-op

They didn't send mine off right away either. but it finally got to the insurance on the 25th and didn't find out I was approved for almost a week or so. I was getting worried. Im sure it will fall into place for you. It seems like everything takes an eternity when your just sitting and waiting..I know! Hang in there!

So my dr office called they are going to wait until November 1st to submit to my insurance for approval as my new insurance with BCBS starts and they are easier to get approval through. She said then all I have left is my educational class and then they will get me scheduled. So more waiting but I get it this time why I'm waiting.

So my dr office called they are going to wait until November 1st to submit to my insurance for approval as my new insurance with BCBS starts and they are easier to get approval through. She said then all I have left is my educational class and then they will get me scheduled. So more waiting but I get it this time why I'm waiting.

It's true. BCBS is the easiet to get approval for WLS.

Got APPROVED!! Funny thing is I heard from my insurance company & not my dr's office! Getting annoyed with the lack of return calls and emails.

Got APPROVED!! Funny thing is I heard from my insurance company & not my dr's office! Getting annoyed with the lack of return calls and emails.

That's how I found out too. But I kept bugging my insurance and finally they said I was approved. I had to call my surgeons office and tell them. lol

Finished all my pre-op appointments in June, met with the surgeon, scheduled surgery for July 31, then found out I had AFib. I spent the rest of July and August dealing with my heart instead of my belly. :unsure: Now that is taken care of, so I have another couple of bariatric center appointments next week, and then another scheduled appointment with the surgeon. Planning/hoping for mid-December so I'll have 2 weeks off for recovery before I have to go back to work. Wish me luck! ( I need it!) :)

Amy

Finished all my pre-op appointments in June, met with the surgeon, scheduled surgery for July 31, then found out I had AFib. I spent the rest of July and August dealing with my heart instead of my belly. :unsure: Now that is taken care of, so I have another couple of bariatric center appointments next week, and then another scheduled appointment with the surgeon. Planning/hoping for mid-December so I'll have 2 weeks off for recovery before I have to go back to work. Wish me luck! ( I need it!) :)

Amy

I am having mine in Dec as well, come join the thread: December sleevers 2013. There isn't many people there yet but we can all discuss our dec stuff there and support each other!

Amy

Good Luck! I know how you feel, I'm dealing with cardiac clearance right now. Scheduled for a CCTA on the 16th..been jumping through hoops since Sept 4 for this clearance.

Going to the dietician this pass week has worried me, I told her the only reason I was meeting with her was because I need a physician approved diet ...because my goal is to have WLS & she looked shocked. Then she started with her spill about nutrition , healthy eating and exercise. She did not ask me about my previous health issues or prior weight history. Which alarmed me. I told her next month I will be back with the paperwork I need her to complete for insurance purposes for approval for WLS. So you think I should be worried about her, preventing me from being approved for WLS ??? Anyone with experience please let me know. Thanks

Edited by MzGee