Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else just get done with preop appointments and waiting for approval?

hey all, I am so thrilled to have ALL my pre-op appointments over! I have been at this since February and now Im done. The psych eval was not as bad I thought at all! I am going with Dr. Eagon in St.Louis, Mo so every appointment I went to was there and I live in Illinois, so I drove an hour to get to them. ugh, last one should be to meet with Dr, Eagon and set up a date ( I hope) and just wait for approval!! I am sooooooooooooooooo excited! Anyone else in my shoes on here?? whats your story?

I have my date and I just have to do my preop appointment with the surgeon and the hospital. That will be sometime in the next 2 weeks. Then it is onward to surgery.

Hi Mommie4.. I am in St. Louis too, but I'm using Dr. Scott. Started in Feb and just finished my 6 month supervised in August. They sent my packet in on Aug 8th or 9th, so I am waiting waiting waiting.... crossing my fingers for approval soon!

Good luck to you as well!

hey all' date=' I am so thrilled to have ALL my pre-op appointments over! I have been at this since February and now Im done. The psych eval was not as bad I thought at all! I am going with Dr. Eagon in St.Louis, Mo so every appointment I went to was there and I live in Illinois, so I drove an hour to get to them. ugh, last one should be to meet with Dr, Eagon and set up a date ( I hope) and just wait for approval!! I am sooooooooooooooooo excited! Anyone else in my shoes on here?? whats your story?[/quote']

Hey... I jus done the scope with my surgeon today! Everything is approved and Surgery date is 9-11

Super Excited! My PreOp diet started today... Jus now going home so day 1 has been Great! :)

Good Luck 2 ya!

Tc's Ready!

I have to do a pulmonary evaluation then I should be done and paperwork submitted to insurance. I did not have to do any classes with the NUT, just a consultation, no 6mos diet or anything. Psych eval was quick and fairly painless. In fact, everything was going along smoothly until the hiccup of waiting for the pulmonary doctor. ( schedule issues) I saw my PCP today and he asked if I had a surgery date yet, so even he is anxious! LOL I told him no, but he better have all his paperwork submitted so not to hold me up...Once insurance approves me I will be given a surgery date. In the time between I have to have the EGD and on online education course. I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers hoping I can get an October surgery date.

I just got my approval and surgery date yesterday. I am 10/22. It took 2 full weeks for BCBS to give my approval. For no reason other than....they could take up to 15 business days.I went through everything quickly so I could be done by early Sept. They dragged their feet and now he is booked till then. Pretty disappointed, but ,I will get it done!

I have an appt with my surgeon to get the "go ahead" for surgery and then submit to insurance. I am hoping to schedule the surgery date then too, pending approval of course. I am fairly confident that I will be approved. I meet the requirements, but you just never know with health insurance! So I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us hopefuls! :-)

Hey... I jus done the scope with my surgeon today! Everything is approved and Surgery date is 9-11

Super Excited! My PreOp diet started today... Jus now going home so day 1 has been Great! :)

Good Luck 2 ya!

Tc's Ready!

WOW! that's just around the corner! I hope mine gets approved quick! good luck.

I have an appt with my surgeon to get the "go ahead" for surgery and then submit to insurance. I am hoping to schedule the surgery date then too, pending approval of course. I am fairly confident that I will be approved. I meet the requirements, but you just never know with health insurance! So I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us hopefuls! :-)

I just got done today and the surgeons office said to wait 5 days to make sure the psych eval is there (guess it could take them 5-7 days to send it in) ugh..more waiting, but im super excited to met with surgeon and see whats next and what my insurance says..im going to be so mad if I went through all this just for a denial!!!

I just got my approval and surgery date yesterday. I am 10/22. It took 2 full weeks for BCBS to give my approval. For no reason other than....they could take up to 15 business days.I went through everything quickly so I could be done by early Sept. They dragged their feet and now he is booked till then. Pretty disappointed, but ,I will get it done!

It seems to go that way, they will take as long a they can I guess..lol I think some places do it on purpose. at least you were approved YAY!!!

I have to do a pulmonary evaluation then I should be done and paperwork submitted to insurance. I did not have to do any classes with the NUT, just a consultation, no 6mos diet or anything. Psych eval was quick and fairly painless. In fact, everything was going along smoothly until the hiccup of waiting for the pulmonary doctor. ( schedule issues) I saw my PCP today and he asked if I had a surgery date yet, so even he is anxious! LOL I told him no, but he better have all his paperwork submitted so not to hold me up...Once insurance approves me I will be given a surgery date. In the time between I have to have the EGD and on online education course. I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers hoping I can get an October surgery date.

I am doing the same...holding my breath and crossing fingers, toes, legs and everything else..lol what is an EGD? never heard of it.

Hi Mommie4.. I am in St. Louis too, but I'm using Dr. Scott. Started in Feb and just finished my 6 month supervised in August. They sent my packet in on Aug 8th or 9th, so I am waiting waiting waiting.... crossing my fingers for approval soon!

Good luck to you as well!

I didn't have a pre-op diet and I am so glad, but then again I did have to come up with a 5yr obese weight history...I hope my insurance accepts it and approves me. I was over weight with bmi over 35, but it was under 40 for the past 5yrs so im really not sure if they will accept it. plus I have no comorbidities and never have so if I get denied then it will be because of the 5yr weight history. good luck and keep me posted, its nice to know other that are doing this in my area..lol

WOW! that's just around the corner! I hope mine gets approved quick! good luck.

Thanx... Yours will go by quicker than you think. I started around middle May getting all of my clearances. Good Luck 2 You 2 :)

Tc's Ready!

I am waiting as well... My last appointment was early this month I am waiting for Medicaid approval and have no idea how long it will take, but following that I do know I will have six weeks of Optifast to 'look forward to' I'm over 500 pounds and I can't wait to start this journey.

I am waiting as well... My last appointment was early this month I am waiting for Medicaid approval and have no idea how long it will take, but following that I do know I will have six weeks of Optifast to 'look forward to' I'm over 500 pounds and I can't wait to start this journey.

good luck on your journey! I sure it wont take them too long to get back to you, but im not really sure. Im sure you will do great! keep us updated!