Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A year out and feeling frustrated

I had my surgery on July 11th 2012. I lost a whole bunch of weight, not as much as I'd like, but enough to be comfortable with. Then I got complacent and I haven't lost any weight in months! I've been stuck at 230 forever! My eating habits are not the greatest but they aren't the worst either so I'm looking for advice on how I can get back in the groove of things. Did anyone else go through this? Do you have any advice on how to restart my weight loss again?

Thanks!

You might want to also post in the Vet forum. They have lots of Vets that may have gone through this.

Best wishes to you!!

Thanks! I just did that

Try this maybe it will get you pouch going again.

http://www.livingafterwls.com/index.html

They have a 5 day pouch test, maybe this will jump start you again!!

Good Luck...E

What surgery did you have.. lapband or sleeve?

I had the sleeve done. Thanks y'all I've been trying to do the 5 day ouch test for months and always fail :-(

I fail at eating and I don't usually eat anything bad...maybe a Protein Bar or some nuts and a lean cuisine. But I just want to go back to nothing but liquids for a few days and I'm lacking the discipline.

I totally understand that and I, like most of us here, have been there.

My biggest tool for overcoming that is pretty simple, and with the tool the sleeve is, maybe it will be more effective long term.

I like to write down all the reasons I want and need to lose weight. I write down every way my life will be better for myself and for my family when I am healthier both physically and emotionally. I buy everything I need for the the time period I am aiming for and then I fill my schedule from morning till night so I have NO TIME to "cheat". Every time I am tempted to, I check my list, look at pictures of my kids and reflect on what I am missing out on by being so unhealthy.

Find YOUR motivation and focus on it. You've been through this surgery. You know that in the grand scheme of things, five days is nothing. You can do ANYTHING for five days and you are doing this FOR YOU.

What day are you going to start? Tomorrow?? :D

mimismom. you are not alone. it will be a year for me in sept i have lost 53lbs. it bothers me because when i got the sleeve i felt it was just the tool i needed, now i wish i hadnt gotten it. i also eat good foods and yes i might slip on something but nothing like before the sleeve. i never get over 1700 cals some days lower some days higher. i get all my Protein, Water in, it seems after 6 months it just stopped no matter what i did. i started working out hoping that will kick it in gear and ended up gaining 8lbs and no it wasnt muscle weight at all. my clothes were tighter also. i just lost 5 lbs of it but my scale goes from 217 to 225 for the last 6 months, so i completely understand.

lipstick youa re to funny girl. i like what your saying is at the bottom of your page. i need to find my motivation because right now i dont have any

I kinda stopped losing a bit and I am 7 months out. I went back to liquids. I did clears for a week and full liquids and still in that phase. I woke up 5 lbs lighter.

Stop eating and start over again.

I do not understand the pouch test because I do not have a pouch I have a smaller stomach.

So start over and tell me how it goes.

Sarah

I am at about 10 months out and although I have NOT gained any weight, I am getting a little too comfortable with my eating habits again... I'm with you all, I need to get serious again.

mimismom. you are not alone. it will be a year for me in sept i have lost 53lbs. it bothers me because when i got the sleeve i felt it was just the tool i needed' date=' now i wish i hadnt gotten it. i also eat good foods and yes i might slip on something but nothing like before the sleeve. i never get over 1700 cals some days lower some days higher. i get all my Protein, Water in, it seems after 6 months it just stopped no matter what i did. i started working out hoping that will kick it in gear and ended up gaining 8lbs and no it wasnt muscle weight at all. my clothes were tighter also. i just lost 5 lbs of it but my scale goes from 217 to 225 for the last 6 months, so i completely understand.

lipstick youa re to funny girl. i like what your saying is at the bottom of your page. i need to find my motivation because right now i dont have any[/quote']

I'm in the same boat as you my dear... I been stuck at 215-220 up & down for weeks!! It's so depressing & aggravating!! If you get any good tips please share...

nyprincess back atcha girlie