Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so as of today I am three weeks post-op and this past weekend I had my first episode of throwing up. We were traveling and it got late and I know I ate too fast so totally take responsibility for this BUT this has create a whole new issue for me. :unsure:

The throwing up was such a bad experience for me that I am wary of eating anything at all. When I think of eating anything I become nauseous at the thought and just am avoiding it. Without having to be said this means my calories and Protein are nowhere close to what they should be in my daily intake.

I don't know how to overcome this and am becoming very discouraged about this. Before this happened I was so excited to be moving on to another phase of my eating but now I am just scared of throwing up again.

Any help would be appreciated.

omg this happens to me when I act like a little piggy and eat to fast I'm so use to eating fast that its hard to eat slow but i will get there some day just take it slow and i also get sick when i eat some thing not supposta have the other day late a soft pretzel about half of it and i was driving down the road and had to throw up now if that aint nasty i dont know what is....

Okay, so as of today I am three weeks post-op and this past weekend I had my first episode of throwing up. We were traveling and it got late and I know I ate too fast so totally take responsibility for this BUT this has create a whole new issue for me. :unsure:

The throwing up was such a bad experience for me that I am wary of eating anything at all. When I think of eating anything I become nauseous at the thought and just am avoiding it. Without having to be said this means my calories and Protein are nowhere close to what they should be in my daily intake.

I don't know how to overcome this and am becoming very discouraged about this. Before this happened I was so excited to be moving on to another phase of my eating but now I am just scared of throwing up again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there,

What food stage are you at? If it were me, I would take a step back and start slow. Try full liquids for a day or so, sipping or drinking from small cups just to get you started. It might just ease you in so you can progress as you are supposed to. Sounds like you're beating yourself up enough, so all I can add is remember you are still healing. Give yourself and your body time.

Good luck!

Also, see if you tried anything new that you haven't eaten post-op. I found that many foods that were my healthy go-tos I can no longer tolerate post-op.