Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minnesota Grown :)

Im 33 no kids(want them something terrible) my awesome husband has a spunky 6 almost 7 yr old son. I've been throwing the idea of wls around in my head for over 3 yrs and now that i am actually in the process im kinda scared shitless....any who I've been on thyroid meds for over 6 yrs they promised the pills would work then it was oh u have pcos then metabolic syndrome and on top of that u r well over weight for your height not to mention crazy cycles bleeding for 35-60 days an then not at all...for some reason when i went in for my first consultation with the surgeon i thought for sure they would have some reason for why i didn't qualify for sleeve procedure....low an behold he said yes that was july 25th....he says u need to quit smoking an lose some weight ....anyone else know how hard that is???? Its becoming a reality and i might actually get a child of my own(oops sorry hun ours). Has anyone worked so hard for something then when u realize it could come true u fall apart and wonder if u will be any good at what you've wanted for what seems like an eternity.....my poor husband has been on a rollercoster and he never bought a ticket!!! Thanks to all that see this and don't think im totally nuts

*BUG*

Jo-Bug,

I'm on this journey with you! I'm undecided as to which procedure to have & have many hoops to jump through on the way to the Operating Room.

I also have a powerful tool I'm going to suggest to you as I understand chemical addiction from a personal as well as a Professional vantage point. I have and am a certified Life Coach and have a Bachelors degree in Chemical addiction.If you're interested or want to know more about how being coached to do what is required to get you to that special day, the day you are approved for WLS please lmk via private message or on this forum.

my name is Pat.

You CAN meet the requirement. It takes some persistent effort but with a support structure in place - your "dream" can come true!

Private message me - lets talk, because you already know that you want to change and have life restoring surgery so give yourself a gift that will get you there. I look forward to being on the journey with you.

Im 33 no kids(want them something terrible) my awesome husband has a spunky 6 almost 7 yr old son. I've been throwing the idea of wls around in my head for over 3 yrs and now that i am actually in the process im kinda scared shitless....any who I've been on thyroid meds for over 6 yrs they promised the pills would work then it was oh u have pcos then metabolic syndrome and on top of that u r well over weight for your height not to mention crazy cycles bleeding for 35-60 days an then not at all...for some reason when i went in for my first consultation with the surgeon i thought for sure they would have some reason for why i didn't qualify for sleeve procedure....low an behold he said yes that was july 25th....he says u need to quit smoking an lose some weight ....anyone else know how hard that is???? Its becoming a reality and i might actually get a child of my own(oops sorry hun ours). Has anyone worked so hard for something then when u realize it could come true u fall apart and wonder if u will be any good at what you've wanted for what seems like an eternity.....my poor husband has been on a rollercoster and he never bought a ticket!!! Thanks to all that see this and don't think im totally nuts

*BUG*

You will find many on this site with similar issues (PCOS, thyroid, etc) and have had a successful experience with their sleeve. Search under PCOS or Pregnant for success stories. You can quit smoking- it will help you get through the surgery safely and helps with healing. Many of us were on different types of pre-op diets to shrink our liver. Follow your surgeons rules, jump through the hoops and get to a healthier life. You will find a great deal of support here. Good Luck!!

Good Luck! I am almost 3 weeks post-op and have no regrets. I have thyroid issues for years and PCOS. I was worried about not losing weight with these issues even with surgery, but I am doing fine. I am down 29 lbs since Aug 2. Good luck with the baby! It is such a blessing and you will be healthier as a parent with the weight loss. I have seen some people post that their PCOS got MUCH better after surgery. I am hoping that is the case for me as well as you!!!

*BUG*

I too have PCOS and have been struggling for years with the abnormal menstrual cycles. There has been times I gone 90 days so that is definitely one of my primary reasons I had to choose this aggressive approach to lose the weight. I'm so glad for this forum bc I've been having similar thoughts of actually feeling unsure a out having kids since there will be actually a chance now I can...it's so weird...bc i also have a 13yr old stepson and i would love the opportunity to have a child with my hubby...but I'm hoping that this year will be my last crazy "aunt flow" cycle and I can begin to live "normal". So I pray that as you progress that you choose what will be best for you and if u decide on not wanting a child that's okay too.

Tally-o

Thank u so much just knowing that there is others out there that have the same feelings is a huge comfort