Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long after surgery were u functional?

My friend I went to nursing school with got sleeved today. We have been going through this process together and she promised to text me as soon as she woke up. It's been 5 hours since she was going in. How soon were u able to make a call?

It might be a while my first day and a half was bad I was in and out of sleep cause of all the nausea and pain medinice

I was in pre-op around 8 am and I think I could have made a call around 2:30 to 3:00 pm. I know each surgery is different and everyone responds differently to being under.

Best of luck to both of you.

well you go in about 2 hrs before the surgery, the surgery takes at least an hour, and they say you wake up for an hr. when i woke up i wanted to puke and was loopy. my husband reminds me that i said i wanna go for a walk and the passed back out about 4 times before i actually got out of the bed. im sure she is fine, just probably doped up. i didnt call anyone until the day i was being released.

This is Rie! It was no time after I got to my room! I was really blessed because I had my surgery and have never looked back! I wanted to go home same day but the dr wouldn't let me!

I know of the horror stories but I'm so thankful that I haven't had to go through that! Everybody hang in there!

I had mine at 2 pm and wasn't really coherent for the first 12 hours. After that I felt fairly normal again. Give her some more time and think positively. I'm sure everything is OK.

My surgery was 930 am and almost 90 mins with hernia repair. An hour in recovery. In my room at noon and dozed off and on til 4-5pm. But I know I was on FB and texting my sleeve sister at 4-5 am the next morning ;)

I haven't been sleeved yet, but If you're concerned about her, just call the hospital and say that you're family and just wanted to make sure she's ok. That much they can say.

I'm only 5 days out right now and I had a companion who did the calling for me. BUT I was ok to talk maybe 4-6 hours after surgery was OVER. I did not feel good though, didn't even want to talk to my husband because I was afraid I'd cry that first day....after that, I was just fine. I guess I just don't do anesthesia too well.....lol

Hubby texted my best friend and sister right after surgery. I couldn't even see the letters on my keyboard cuz I was so doped up. The next day I was a little more alert and could text and make calls. Don't expect a text from her too soon.

She still hasn't tested me..whoa

Call the hospital

I couldn't deal with calling or texting for 2 days. The nurses were not good at controlling my nausea and pain.