Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hear I'm gonna lose some hair after this surgery. Will this be enough hair to be an excuse to buy and wear wigs? How much hairloss are we talking here?

Between 4 1/2 months to 6 months out i lost about a 1/3 of my hair volume. No one else but me noticed (except for the hubs who was always picking hair off my clothes cause i shed so much).

It didnt come out in Patches or anything. So no need for a wig in my case.

Best of luck!

My wife got pretty thin in the hair department and bought a wig. She looked great in it. She has since come back to about 85% of pre-surgery thickness. She doesn't wear the wig much any more.

She never had lost it all, she only lost about 30% of her hair thickness .

I've lost about 30% of my hair and it just looked and felt thinner, I could see the new hairs coming in and rapidly growing when at the hair dresser and she was doing my hair.....Now it's normal I believe..... :P

I'm using it as an excuse to get a partial wig! But I came into this surgery with pretty severe hairloss already.

I lost a crapload of hair, but apparently I had too much hair before because I get more compliments now..haha.

The Hair loss started several months after surgery (can't remember exactly) and then slowed down by say 9 months out. Now, it is regrowing and is very healthy.

I surely did not need a wig and i don't think most people do.

I hear I'm gonna lose some hair after this surgery. Will this be enough hair to be an excuse to buy and wear wigs? How much hairloss are we talking here?

I lost about 50% of my hair. It looks very thin but it stopped falling and is growing back. I've been using halo couture hair extensions. It's a lot like a wig but its better because you mix your hair with it. You can google and there is a video.

First off...buy a wig for the fun of it and for no other reason. On a serious note, I have already decided if the Hair loss gets bad enough I will get hair extensions to replace some of my thickness.

I'm right there almost 4 mths and really bad hairloss. But aperantly I have a lot. Lol I thought I was going bald in days. Well I haven't yet and its been about a month. I just hope I have enough to make it through. No extentions they pull on already delecate hair. And well wigs. I cannt do them well. But if u can rock one go for it.

I lost about 50% of my hair. It looks very thin but it stopped falling and is growing back. I've been using halo couture hair extensions. It's a lot like a wig but its better because you mix your hair with it. You can google and there is a video.

Thank you for posting about this. I've been looking at videos and web sites for hours.

I went into this with thin hair due to hypothyroidism and having had a hysterectomy. I lost quite a bit of hair. I am 2 years post-op and am still wearing a hairpiece because my hair is so thin now my scalp shows through. I kept telling my surgeon that "You promised it would grow back." He just says sometimes that is the way it is... sigh...

I ask my doc that as well.. and he says don't worry it will grow back. I'm like right. Lol mine has thinned out so much Im wonder if it can grow back.

I have two and LOVE them!! No work no fuss! Just shake it out and pull it on and go! I love it and I've gotten soooooo many compliments on my new cut!!! If you can do it, do it! I am saving so my money not having to buy hair style products and saving sooo much time not having to deal with my hairdo!

I bought a purple wig on Monday. It's a Halloween wig, but I feel like I'm planning ahead.

I started losing my hair at almost 4 months exactly, and it's kind of alarming how much I lose every day! It comes out in handfuls in the shower and when I brush it, but although I can totally tell the difference, no one else has even noticed. Every morning as I wash my hair and see what falls out I think 'there's no way this can continue, pretty soon I will be bald!' but so far I still have hair left! And I can actually see the new growth, so I know it's coming back.

And if I DO go bald, I'm gonna rock it!!!