Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am i kidding myself?

I'm 46 and I feel like I'm 60. I'm 5'5 and 235. I'm getting sleeved Sept 10. I feel like this surgery will make me feel like I'm in my 30's again. Am I kidding myself? Am I going to be smaller, but still feel like I'm 60? I just think with less weight and working out more i will have more energy. I just have no get up and go. What have you 40's ladies who have been sleeved noticed in your energy level?

Well I was sleeved at 46.. Do I feel 30?? No...,but I feel like a pretty good 47! I can't say surgery turned me into superwoman. But I'm a lot more active and moving around on life is so much easier!

I'm 45 and had surgery 2.5 months ago. I'm a lot heavier than you but can say my energy level is definitely up (especially in the bedroom). My husband is loving it. Lol!! I think its mental energy as well as physical. You just feel better and want to do things. My energy is up but I tire out pretty easily. I'm only getting about 450 cal. a day so I'm guessing that's why, but to be honest I'm still much more active now than I was 80lbs. ago. So NO!! Your not kidding yourself. :D

but I feel like a pretty good 47!

Laura-ven, granted I have only ever looked at your tiny square picture but I would have never guessed you over 30.

Laura-ven' date=' granted I have only ever looked at your tiny square picture but I would have never guessed you over 30.[/quote']

Lol 47!

Oh and I'm 5'4 and started at 235!

Here, if you look you can see my crows feet and gray hair :P

post-43821-13813669167767_thumb.jpg

I'm 43 and started a are lively lower weight and have no energy at all. My body looks younger but I fill older.

I had my surgery at 47 and it is unbelievable how much better I feel and how much more energy! I always feel better but after going to the gym I can't sit still! I am loving my life and taking on a lot of new adventures! My sister had it a year and a half ago at 56 and she is skydiving next weekend!! So book you are not kidding yourself!!! :D

I was sleeved at 20, but I felt 40..... Now I feel my own age!!! Yayy.

I'm sure you will feel a lot more lively, have more energy and be able to do a lot more things. If that means feeling younger then yes you will feel younger

I was sleeved at 20' date=' but I felt 40..... Now I feel my own age!!! Yayy.

I'm sure you will feel a lot more lively, have more energy and be able to do a lot more things. If that means feeling younger then yes you will feel younger[/quote']

20??

I hate you! :P

I am 44 and suffer from premature osteoarthritis. Having lost 75 lbs now, I cannot express my joy at how much better I feel. Maybe not younger, but oh so much better.

I am still waiting to "feel better". I am down 53 pounds, but still dealing with ankle issues that prevent me from exercising regularly. I had "magical thinking" prior to surgery, and thought that once I healed I would feel terrific. Some people do, and I am happy for them, but for me I am still waiting for it to happen. I believe it will, and anticipate that I might need to be down 75+ pounds before I start to feel great. Be realistic and be kind to yourself, no matter what, this is a positive step for your health and overall wellbeing.

Hehe :P

I felt like I was wasting my young years being overweight' date=' constantly yo-yo dieting since I was 13. Best thing I've ever done! Now I get to live and enjoy my youth[/quote']

I'm jealous! I wish I had realized it years ago, but I thought for sure I could do it on my own. I turned 35 yesterday so my goal is to be able to have 1 more baby before I get too old :)

I'm jealous! I wish I had realized it years ago' date=' but I thought for sure I could do it on my own. I turned 35 yesterday so my goal is to be able to have 1 more baby before I get too old :)[/quote']

I think some people look down on me for having the surgery so young, like they think I didn't give myself long enough to try and lose it on my own. Well I've been trying to lose weight and keep it off since I was 13 and was obviously unsuccessful.

The surgery has completely changed my life. Now I exercise 5 days a week and I love it. I've lost 110lbs and I never could have done that without this.

Good luck I hope you have another baby :)

I think some people look down on me for having the surgery so young' date=' like they think I didn't give myself long enough to try and lose it on my own. Well I've been trying to lose weight and keep it off since I was 13 and was obviously unsuccessful.

The surgery has completely changed my life. Now I exercise 5 days a week and I love it. I've lost 110lbs and I never could have done that without this.

Good luck I hope you have another baby :)[/quote']

I think you are fine. No one understands how difficult it has been except you!