Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STL sleeve scheduled 9/25

Anyone been out to the new outlet malls? It's extremely "slim" pickings for plus size clothes.

And the Lane Bryant store was the same prices as a regular LB store.

So we go over to Torrid. I can't find ONE shirt I like that fits me and isn't see through.

I hate shopping so much. I just have a hard time imaging being able to walk into Ann Taylor and just try on any of the styles!

One day you will no longer shop at Lane Bryant and Torrid :D . You WILL be able to walk into other stores and try on the cute, fun stuff. I've been giving away my clothes as I "shrink" out of them and I'm trying to build up my wardrobe little by little. I'm at the point were I no longer have any smaller sizes in my closet. I started at a size 22W and I just bought pants at Kohls in the misses department (OMG!!) in a size 14 and shirts in Large!!! Shut the front door!! No more Lane Bryant (except for bras - those are awesome and I can still wear them) and no more women's department. I keep having to readjust my thinking about my size. I walked into Old Navy (never could really shop there before) and grabbed a few XL shirts, tried them on and they were all too big. That was a wonderful feeling. Shopping is actually fun for me now. I need to be careful not to become a shopping addict. ;)

I just went to Kohls today and started in women's and the pants were too big. Soooo many more options in the "regular" sizes!!! I ended up with a pair of size 16 skinny jeans (not 16w as those were too big). I was also able to fit into some size 14 jeans. Was so amazing!!!! I still have a lot of weight to lose so I limited myself to the 1 pair of jeans but it was sure fun trying on a bunch of other stuff. Life is good!!! :)

Ladies, I get sleeved tomorrow and have been extremely nervous. (Normal....I know) Like so many here, I hate shopping and tend to wear the same few outfits that I feel comfortable in. My closest friend is just about the complete opposite of me. 5'10, blonde, 135, and legs for days. I CAN NOT WAIT to be about to go to Nordstrum Rack or J.Crew with her! Hearing your stories has given me butterflies and I am PUMPED for tomorrow instead of scared! Thanks Gals!!

Ladies, I get sleeved tomorrow and have been extremely nervous. (Normal....I know) Like so many here, I hate shopping and tend to wear the same few outfits that I feel comfortable in. My closest friend is just about the complete opposite of me. 5'10, blonde, 135, and legs for days. I CAN NOT WAIT to be about to go to Nordstrum Rack or J.Crew with her! Hearing your stories has given me butterflies and I am PUMPED for tomorrow instead of scared! Thanks Gals!!

Good luck! and you're in my prayers

Good luck tomorrow:) And yes, the nerves are normal. I was soooo nervous I almost backed out. So glad I didn't!

Less than two weeks to go :) Dr. Scott at MNS - here I come!

Hi all! I'm from Festus , which is just south of St. Louis. I am going thru Heart of America Bariatrics with Dr. Snow. I am just about ready for submission to the insurance company. One last appt. with the NUT, on Oct 2nd and my paperwork is on the way to Cigna. I am so excited!

Hi all! I'm from Festus ' date=' which is just south of St. Louis. I am going thru Heart of America Bariatrics with Dr. Snow. I am just about ready for submission to the insurance company. One last appt. with the NUT, on Oct 2nd and my paperwork is on the way to Cigna. I am so excited![/quote']Hello! I also looked into HoA and was very impressed with the program. I think you are in great hands. Best wishes to you!

I am soooo ready for this :D

Update!! Surgery yesterday. Still in the hospital waiting to hear if I can be discharged. Little tip...ask for a scopolamine patch prior to surgery. I've never been sensitive to sedation, but holy moly!! I started dry heaving the minute I woke up and didn't stop for 12 hours. The pain wasn't terrible, but dry heaving didn't help any. An hour after the patch was placed, the heaving stopped. The nurses said they could have put a patch on during surgery to help. I suggest everyone ask for it. It was a pretty miserable day yesterday. Today....MUCH better!!! So surreal I've actually had surgery!

This is the first I'm hearing about the patch. I didn't have one and luckily had minimal problems with nausea and no dry heaves. Glad there is something like that available, though, for those who need it!! Hope you are doing well Skee - for me, each day was remarkably better.

Update!! Surgery yesterday. Still in the hospital waiting to hear if I can be discharged. Little tip...ask for a scopolamine patch prior to surgery. I've never been sensitive to sedation, but holy moly!! I started dry heaving the minute I woke up and didn't stop for 12 hours. The pain wasn't terrible, but dry heaving didn't help any. An hour after the patch was placed, the heaving stopped. The nurses said they could have put a patch on during surgery to help. I suggest everyone ask for it. It was a pretty miserable day yesterday. Today....MUCH better!!! So surreal I've actually had surgery!

The nurse put the patch behind my ear before surgery. They also put on a wrist electrical pressure point thing for nausea too. I had zero issues with nausea after surgery - that was my biggest fear.