Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The infamous 3 week stall

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive, I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help!

I'm going through my stall as well. I think it's just a hurdle and like others say our bodies have to adjust and we'll get back on track soon. I'm eating less than 800 calories a day. Some days I do good to eat 500 calories a day. I'm four days into week 4.

My stall was at 2 weeks and lasted a full 3 weeks! Then I literally lost 6lbs the next 2 days.

It almost tricks you into thinking you're gonna be stuck at this weight forever! Haha! But thank you guys I'm happy to hear that at some point the scale will move for me again!

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive' date=' I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help![/quote']

My third week the scale barely moved, maybe one pound, but then it started moving again. So it lasted about one week.

Took a pic. So happy still stalling

post-63591-13813669166788_thumb.jpg

My stall was at 2 weeks and lasted a full 3 weeks! Then I literally lost 6lbs the next 2 days.

My stall is over ,and I really didn't do anything but walk and not a whole lot. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 4 days. It's not much but at least the pounds are coming off. I will be so glad when I'm like another 50 pounds down where I can really see a major difference. It seemed during pre op the weight just was falling off during those two weeks. After surgery it started coming off a lot slower for me. So don't give up if your in a stall it will soon pass.

Preop i lost 7 pounds after surgery the first week I lost 17 pounds and I'm almost three weeks out and I actually gained two pounds, I'm not freaking out but I'm a little concerned that after only one week in I stall.. Any suggestions?

Thank God I found this thread. I lost 20lbs in the first 2 weeks but the very next day I'd gained 3lbs. Over the last 3 days I've been bobbing up and down by about a pound. This is frustrating and confusing. What happened to calories in vs calories out? I walked 90 minutes yesterday and only had about 20g Protein and this morning I'd bobbed back up again. Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!

Also wondering, when you are eating 500-800 calories per day, does that include your Protein Drinks? I drink two Protein drinks per day (60 g. protein), which equals 320 calories. Are you including these calories in the 500-800? Doesn't leave much for actual food? Thoughts?

My stall started at the 5th week. I lost 17 lbs now and I'm 6 1/2 weeks in. I've bounced back and forth with the same lb for 10 days now. I've only got 26 lbs left so I'm guessing thats why. The last 20 or so are the hardest to lose.

Just sucks to get up every morning weighing the same as yesterday. I know, I know - I shouldn't weight everyday. The scale calls my name in the bathroom every morning tho. It wouldn't be very nice to ignore it!

Also wondering, when you are eating 500-800 calories per day, does that include your Protein drinks? I drink two Protein drinks per day (60 g. protein), which equals 320 calories. Are you including these calories in the 500-800? Doesn't leave much for actual food? Thoughts?

I am now done with shakes but I was drinking Muscle Milk Light which has 30grams of Protein for a 200 calorie (17oz) shake, so my 60g of protein were 400 cal. When I was shifting to food, I still had 1 shake a day for a bit over a week. Now I am getting my protein in primarily through ground turkey, Jennie-O Extra Lean 99% lean 1% fat, which has 120 calories per 26 grams of protein per 4oz serving http://www.jennieo.com/products/3-Extra-Lean-Ground-Turkey-Breast. So yes that range has included my food. Now that I am near stage 3, I am finding it much easier to eat than near the beginning of Stage 3, so I have quickly moved more towards the 800 calories per day.

As of today 35 days since surgery, I am down a total of 33 pounds. (Day of Surgery 285, today 252) :)

I'm on day 2 of the three-week stall, so I guess I'm in the club nobody wants to join now too. :unsure:

Tomorrow will be three weeks since my surgery and I went from 212 on Monday to 213 yesterday and today. UGH. Getting 60+ ounces of Fluid and 60+ grams of Protein daily, plus some walking. Have not gotten above 700 calories daily, including everything.

I'm looking forward to being on the other side of this.

It's comforting to read everyone's stories, so do keep them coming!

chrissythemoo' date='

My NUT told me that if you do not get your Protein and Water in, your body is unable to move fat to burn so it burns muscle instead.[/quote']

Ah yes. My lack of Protein wasn't intentional. Am trying to get as much as poss but just didn't manage it yesterday.