Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The infamous 3 week stall

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive, I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help!

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive, I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help!

my first stall lasted one week. I have had a few along the way. My latest lasted 6 weeks.... Yes 6 weeks. That being said every stall I have had I have lost inches. So it has been a good trade. As long as I stay focused on the over all goal I am good. When the stalls broke I honestly did nothing differently. I just figured my body needed a time to adjust. Hang in there the stall will break! Best Wishes Tina

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive' date=' I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help![/quote']

I just broke the three week stall two days ago and lost 1.5 pounds. It lasted 12 frustrating days. I guess the body just has to adjust after the liquid phase. I did nothing really to break it. It seems to happen to a lot of people. Just follow your plan and try to do some exercise. Do you track what your eating? The myfitnesspal app is a great way to keep an eye on things.

I'm on this dang stall too... I am so flustered too girl! I'm like seriously...

My stall lasted a full two+ weeks. It was frustrating but it broke with a 3+ lb loss. The best thing is to just keep on with the diet your doctor requires. It was so frustrating and upsetting. Hope I can lose a bit more before the next one!

I hit a stall at week 3, lasted about 4 days. I kept up with my Water and Protein and now I'm loosing again.

I hit a stall at two weeks that lasted almost 2 1/2 weeks. I lost inches though. My loss kicked back in with a 2 lb. loss overnight and about a pound per day since. It really messes with your head. Hang in there. It will pass! I'm almost 5 weeks out.

I am so happy to hear your stories - yes it does mess with your head. I am almost 4 weeks out and have lost and gained the same 3lbs for over a week. Thanks guys!!

I hit the stall after 2 weeks, still stalling for 5 weeks. I'm frustrated. :-(

I'm at 2 weeks and it feels like I'm at a stall... Then again I'm suffering from terrible Constipation. It's probably our bodies adjusting. I've recently learned the importance of Fiber. Take your fiber and tons of Water daily.

Im at a stall right now myself and it is driving me wild as well. Im eating less than 800 calories a day, I know I'm getting all my Protein in and I'm drinking lots of Water ,and approved Fluid. I'm 5 weeks out. I'm not feeling my best to work out yet. I tried a few nights ago and did about 30 minutes of various weights,and treadmill but felt like I was about to hit the floor. Had to leave. I know I'm not eating anything that I'm not suppose to because I don't eat much of anything it seems.

I too have been on a stall for 2+weeks. I almost wonder if it's because our bodies are not only adjusting but building muscle therefore the reason for the lost inches?

How many of you have suffered from this? And how long did it last for you? I'm dealing with it now and it's driving me mental. I'm trying to stay positive' date=' I just thought maybe hearing other people's stories may help![/quote']

Hi. I'm 4 weeks out. I stalled at 1 week and I'm still on my stall. I read it can last up to 6 weeks. My scale said I gained 2 pounds but I am losing inches. I have no idea how BUT I just went down another pants size. Post surgery I'm down from a "tight" size 26 pants to a snug size 18 as of last night. My scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks. I don't understand it. Everyone keeps telling me keep doing what I'm doing and everything will catch up when it's suppose to. Good luck.

I am so glad that I am not alone. I am a couple days over 3 weeks post-op and seem to be starting a stall phase. This really sucks. I guess we have no choice but to keep plugging away with our diet and exercise until our bodies decide to catch up. I knew about stalls I just hoped it would be farther down the road and closer to goal before it happened (wishful thinking).

My 3 week stall lasted for a week. It was pretty annoying. I heard that when you are a little further out that good ways to break a stall are going on a full liquid (including Protein shakes) diet for a week. Or the more fun alternative, try to have a day with lots of calories.