Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinny jeans

In your opinion, what jean size is a appropriate to wear skinny jeans? Lets be honest! This is on my bucket list but I am oh so reluctant....

As soon as you feel comfortable. Challenge the status quo!

Ok I keep hoping skinny jeans will go out of style because they look horrible on anyone that isn't skinny. I'd say try them when you get out of plus size so maybe a 10 or 8? I do agree wear them when you feel comfortable but we've all seen people who look horrible in them.

I will be waiting to get to that size 10 or 8 myself. I was my healthiest at 135 lbs, and I was buying 8s and 10s then. Good grief, that was 30 years ago! Just getting started, so that will be 100 pounds from now.

It all depends on the person's shape really... I do agree with you tho, you should be a smaller person to wear skinny jeans, but I've seen some beautiful pear shaped women wear them with a pair of nice knee high boots and they looked killer!! So??

It all depends on the person's shape really... I do agree with you tho' date=' you should be a smaller person to wear skinny jeans, but I've seen some beautiful pear shaped women wear them with a pair of nice knee high boots and they looked killer!! So??[/quote']

I agree knee high boots with them can look pretty good!

I tried on a16 and looked pretty decent, but they just aren't my style and I didn't care for the look in general.

Anybody in em'? What brand worked the best to flatten out the tummy region.

I'll be trying them once I have the confidence. I plan on only wearing them with boots....

Anybody in em'? What brand worked the best to flatten out the tummy region.

I'll be trying them once I have the confidence. I plan on only wearing them with boots....

I like the ones from Forever 21+ I get size 14-16 depends if they stretch. I feel comfortable in them. I don't think I look bad either ( no one has said anything at least lol)

It is definitely more dependent upon shape and body proportion rather than size. Also style: if you are wanting to wear just the skinnies and sandals then yeah, you pretty much have to have either skinny legs and a flat ass, OR have legs that are longer in ratio than torso length. If you have short legs and a long torso (like me) then the skinnies and sandals look isn't satisfying. However, a universally flattering look whether you are a size 00 teen or a card carrying Lane Bryant shopper, is what I call the "Riding Academy" look; a structured jacket/blazer, loose empire waist blouse/shirt/tunic that hits right at the lower hip/crotch, skinnies in a dark rinse denim, and just below the knee riding boots. I have seen this look on skinny little girls and voluptuous women and it looks killer on everyone, and now that we are headed into Fall, it's especially fetching!

When I started this program, I was size 22/24. Because I am pushing 62, I will only get one pair of skinny jeans, in a dark navy blue wash, probably just to wear around the house. But I will do it because I can. It will be a tangible goal prize.

When I started this program' date=' I was size 22/24. Because I am pushing 62, I will only get one pair of skinny jeans, in a dark navy blue wash, probably just to wear around the house. But I will do it because I can. It will be a tangible goal prize.[/quote']

Awesome!!

I am a size 14 and I have a few pairs, however I am hour glass shape, and tend to wear them with boots. So needless to say I haven't been wearing them this summer, but I love to rock them babies in fall and winter.

I'm down to a 12 in pants, and very tall with no hips or butt. I'm an apple. I tried on a pair by accident the other day and while I COULD wear them, I won't. I've lost so much in my thighs, that they are all jiggly now when I walk. Not a good look for me. I'll stick with straight leg jeans. By the way, I like Not Your Daughter's Jeans for tummy control.

Not Your Daughter's makes a skinny, in a dark indigo wash, very nice! And apple shape looks great with skinnies, in the riding academy style I mentioned above!