Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever forgot they are banded?

Hi All

I am writing this with a very RED face.

I went out on Frday evening with a group of girlfriends and drank far too much wine.

Im in the uk , so in true uk fashion we all headed to the late night takeaway for the mandatory kebabs etc.

Being very worse for the wine i ordered a chicken shish kebab along with my friends and we decided to eat them walking to the taxi rank. I proceeded to tuck into mine with vigour .. big bite chewed about 4 times and swallowed.. another big bite another quick chew and swallow.. within about 30 seconds, as you can imagine, the pain started and i suddenly remembered i was banded 2 yrs ago!!!. I had the worse PB imaginable right there in the middle of the street. As relieved as i was to get the food back up again i was excrutiatingly embarrassed. Have now vowed never to drink wine like that again!!

just wondered if anyone else had ever "forgot" and not just like me because they drank too much?

Tracey v

Yes, I have. Sometimes I do vomit if I drink too much. Especially if I try to eat. You'll be okay. I think you learned your lesson as did I.

Ah, yes, alcohol has done that to me once or twice. Not to PBing point but whereas one glass before a meal loosens things nicely, any more and I really have to remember to eat slowly.

Unfortunetly, I do not need alcohol to cause a memory lapse. I'll sometimes eat too fast or take too big a bite etc.

I find the more this happens - the more I pay better attention to what I am doing! !!

At a dinner party 2 weeks ago I had to excuse myself 3 times!!! I cannot imagine this happening without a bathroom nearby!!!!:confused:

The prolem is sometimes you cannot know how your and is going to react to certain foods based on time of day, travel...

I never forget it is there, but I am not as far along in my journey as you are either.

my forget came about 2 weeks post op when i woke up and went to reach onto the floor for the thicker blanket. Too much of a pull on the portside and man did i yelp! suddenly wasn't cold anymore either!

Mine was not long after banding...went out with family for a birthday...lots of people...talking...laughing...good time...food came...mine had fries...talking to someone...picked up a big ol fry...popped it in my mouth...chewed a couple of bites and swallowed. My hubby saw me do it...we looked at each other with that OH CRAP look....and I headed toward the restroom...no more dinner for me.

Now when we are out like that with a lot of people...he sits next to me...and if I start to do that he reaches over and touches my hand to stop me....he watches me better than I do sometimes...he's such a sweetie