Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

Hey all,

I'm here at the Marriott Hotel in Tijuana; nerves are in overdrive. They will drive me and 3 others to Florence Hospital in the morning 10/18/2013 at 8:30 a.m. Irene came by and had us sign our consents; etc. It is 8:46 p.m. here. Please add us to your prayer list. Gonna try to get a little rest. Good Night guys.

That post went through late. Sliw connection I guess. It's 6:02 a.m. here in Tijuana and myself and 3 others will be picked up at 8:30 a.m. to go to Florence Hospital. Send prayers up for all of us. Quick recovery to those that were drecently sleeved.

That post went through late. Sliw connection I guess. It's 6:02 a.m. here in Tijuana and myself and 3 others will be picked up at 8:30 a.m. to go to Florence Hospital. Send prayers up for all of us. Quick recovery to those that were drecently sleeved.

Let is know how it goes. Interested to hear another Mexico experience especially at florence.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Let me tell you about emotion when you wake up get on the scale and every day your down 2 pounds I tear up each time because I know I made the right decision
That's awesome!

Okay. It's been 24 hours since I got my sleeve! My arms look like human pincushions' date=' and I'm still on and off nauseous. The pain was actually a lot worse than I expected it to be, but already today as opposed to yesterday it's so much better, is improving by the hour. I'm really trying hard to push myself, trying to move around as much as possible, use the incentive spirometer. I was unable to pee after surgery yesterday, that was a big bummer and I had to have a catheter inserted and removed- but now I'm finally able to go on my own. My surgeon pulled the NGT this morning (it drained old blood all last night) and now I'm just waiting for the leak test... If all goes well I'll be starting sips of Water soon! My belly is grumbling big time- definitely hungry, but I'm wicked nervous to put anything in it so soon... I guess I have to start sometime though! If there is one thing I have learned in the past 24hrs is that although this is NOT easy, I am sososo happy and excited for my second chance :) sending love and prayers to my fellow October sleeves, wouldn't mind some being sent back this way as well![/quote'] I'm sure it will get better and you will lose a lot when you get on the scale next time will make all this pain worth it my surgery is Monday and I'm nerves lol

Just found out the time for my surgery it's officially official October 21st 2013 10am at Lenox Hill Hospital in NY by Dr. Roslin

WOO HOO!!!!

I'm scheduled for Oct 22 with Dr. Sudan in Raleigh. Any others in my neck of the woods?
I'm just a couple hours away- Mooresville NC

It's really not so bad... You'll do great... & Percocet will be your friend for the next 24 hours! Best of luck to you.
I can't take any oral meds until the day after surgery. I think my doctor gives morphine IV, but I'm allergic. I'm guessing dilaudid.

Surgery on monday.. started pre op Liquid Protein diet fri.. down 8.5lbs.. haven't cheated but Im a stylist and people bring Cookies and crap into the salon all day long. Very frustrating! I'm so hungry and tired but feeling much better than previous days. I'd kill for a cheeseburger :( hopefully that craving will go away soon... I'm past my sugar craving just want some real food. .. even if its blendarized! Favorite part of my day is when I get to take my vitamins.. I started the Bariatric Fusion chewables when I started pre op.. I get to chew them and they rast like candy! I wish I could eat the whole jar...oh well' date=' back to my water! Can barely wait till Monday![/quote'] I'm a nurse and people do the same here. Crap food everywhere. It's hard at times, but I look in the mirror and see that I've lost weight, and my sleeve sisters at work see that I've lost and congratulate me, and that makes it better.

I can't take any oral meds until the day after surgery. I think my doctor gives morphine IV, but I'm allergic. I'm guessing dilaudid.

They gave me liquid Percocet at the hospital, after surgery, which definitely did the trick. Dilaudid is about the strongest painkiller out there, even more so than Morphine. Honestly, for me, my pain level was never over a 4, mostly a 2 or 3, and I would describe it more as discomfort more from the gas than the incisions... Hope you find it easier than expected as well.

4th day on preop diet...headaches are getting better. Withdrawal from caffeine and estrogen replacement at the same time makes this momma' grumpy!!!! Surgery is still scheduled for the 29th at 11am. Had labwork and final surgeon visit yesterday ! Getting sooooo excited :rolleyes: Good luck to all the October sleeves....I'm still learning to navigate this site, so forgive me if I have not responded.

4th day on preop diet...headaches are getting better. Withdrawal from caffeine and estrogen replacement at the same time makes this momma' grumpy!!!! Surgery is still scheduled for the 29th at 11am. Had labwork and final surgeon visit yesterday ! Getting sooooo excited :rolleyes: Good luck to all the October sleeves....I'm still learning to navigate this site' date=' so forgive me if I have not responded.[/quote'] Thank you and the best of luck for you 2 mine is Monday I have to be there at 8am!

Thank you and the best of luck for you 2 mine is Monday I have to be there at 8am!

Thank you !! Best wishes to you :)

All prepped up; labs done, ekg done, chest xray done. I've talked to the follow up after care doctor she was really great and informative. Dr. Garcia has even performed a gastric bypass on her and she looks fabulous. I've got my IV and my fluids are going. Consents have been signed, weight and height taken. Just waiting for Dr. Garcia and his team to get started doing surgeries. There's four of us here for Dr Garcia two revisions from lap band 2 sleeve and 2 sleeves. I will be having a sleeve done for the first time; not sure what order they will be doing our surgeries in. I'm in room 14. I was told that the first surgery will not be done until 3 p.m. Its almost one o'clock here. Gonna try to take a nap and sleep some of my anxiety off. I'll keep you guys posted.