Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning feeling frim the sleeve....

I am almost 4 weeks out as of next Tuesday and the first two weeks were fine but these last two weeks have been hell! At my two week check up the PA said it was normal just the nerve healing but this is too painful to be a nerve! My fiancé had it done right before me and never had 1 issue. This is really making me regret what I've done. Even though I have lost 20 lbs I'm in so much pain if I move the wrong way or bend or even sneeze. It feels like the Indian burns I use to give to people when I was a kid x 10! Don't know what to do!!! Anyone had or have this problem? What should I do????? Please help!!!!

I had those painful burning pains too. They started about 2 weeks out and lasted about a week and a half for me. I was so afraid that I did something to my sleeve because these pains hurt worse than the initial incision pains. My doc said it was internal healing. It does go away. Just take it slowly.

Yup...me too...at the largest incision site. The doc said it was where he pulled my stomach out, so there was bound to be some residual pain. I had had one of my ovaries removed about a year prior and it felt very similar to the incision they pulled the ovary through, so at least I kind of expected it. It should go away in a week or two.

I was sleeved on July. 30 as well and still have the same burning pain off and on. Seems also when I turn or move a certain way it starts up again. I was told to take it easy when I'm feeling that way because I'm still healing. Hope this helps you somewhat. I'm sure in time we'll both be good :)

I try to walk as much as I can but once the pain starts I sit down. I can't wait for the pain to ease up so I can walk more because I don't feel I'm walking as much as I should or would like too.

mejazzyt....how have you been feeling? I hope your pain has eased up, I haven't had any pain for about a week. Just thought I'd check up on you :)

Thanks! I just get so frustrated! It's very painful! Do you walk?

For a couple of weeks now I have had the same pain. Sleeved on Aug 13. It is the large incision. It feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot knife. It gets bad enough for mr to cry. It is better when I walk or lay down. It only hurts and burns on the surface of my skin when I sit down. Is yours better? I can't wait to get there. Let me know please.

I had the exact same pain about 2 weeks out.. It took my breath away and i felt like i was being stabbed with a red hot knife in my incision everytime i bent over or moved wrong! I would burst into tears and literally could not move.... However it lasted about a week to 10 days and now its gone ..hang in there it will pass;)

I had the exact same pain about 2 weeks out.. It took my breath away and i felt like i was being stabbed with a red hot knife in my incision everytime i bent over or moved wrong! I would burst into tears and literally could not move.... However it lasted about a week to 10 days and now its gone ..hang in there it will pass;)

Thank you so much.

Hey go skinny!

Thanks for checking on me it's been gone for about 2 weeks no and boy am I glad I'm working out 3-4 days a week sometimes 2 x a day. I feel great! Down 27 lbs and looking good! Thanks for all the feed back!

I'm so glad you updated. My surgery was just scheduled and I'm getting nervous. Glad you feel better!

Hey go skinny!

Thanks for checking on me it's been gone for about 2 weeks no and boy am I glad I'm working out 3-4 days a week sometimes 2 x a day. I feel great! Down 27 lbs and looking good! Thanks for all the feed back!

Woohooo you go girl! That's awesome!