Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post -Op Soft Foods my favorite, easy, Crockpot chicken curry 21 gms protei

Yum! Love Indian food and have been to India a few times for work.

Any recipes for vindaloo!?!

I will find you one. My absolute favorite Indian cookbook is Raghavan Iyer's 660 curries. I keep reaching for that one again and again. It's not simple, but it's very, very authentic and the sheer variety of flavors us amazing.

I'll find one and simplify it for you.

Looks good!

I love cooking and eating Indian food, though I have learnt to 'lighten the meals up and don't use ghee so much anymore, nor do I have rice or naan. It does mean I often end up with more of a hearty Soup than what others would be having.

My favourites would be paneer makhani and a good Goan fish curry.

Yeah no rice for this Asian girl :( I thought I would be craving some, but really it's so hard to eat this early on, that I dot seem to be missing anything...yet :)

Sounds delicious! What is your blog address!

You know I've only been blogging on VST so far. Once I start work full-steam, I'm not sure I'll have time to maintain a proper blog. But you never know. My husband wants to post recipes too, so maybe we'll do it together. :)

YES!, so far I am loving your recipe posts, tomorrow i go shopping for ingredients. Please tell me you will post your garam masala ingredient list!

A good foodie blog would be great, i like that you cook and use very little processed stuff.

YES!' date=' so far I am loving your recipe posts, tomorrow i go shopping for ingredients. Please tell me you will post your garam masala ingredient list!

A good foodie blog would be great, i like that you cook and use very little processed stuff.[/quote']

I will def post the garam masala recipe. Yeah I don't do the "open one can of mushroom soup" type of recipes. We try to cook with fresh, non-processed food as much as possible. Tastes better and better for you. What's not to love? :)

My dad arrives from India today so I have to make something his 90-year body (and teeth) can enjoy' date=' AND tomorrow is soft foods day for us! yay! We were told to eat meats that were out of a crockpot or pressure cooker so they were soft. So here goes.

This is massively modified from Anupy Singla's Indian Crockpot book a) not make enough to feed the entire state of Texas and B) not to blow the roof off your head with her version of spice.

I'm Indian. Believe me when I tell you, this is the BEST chicken curry I have ever had and the EASIEST.

Ingredients

1 onion peeled & quartered

5 garlic cloves peeled

2 inches ginger root sliced roughly

2 tomatoes quartered

I tsp salt

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 tsp turmeric

1 tsp garam masala, can buy ready mixed or I will post my fav, easy recipe shortly

1/2 cup greek yogurt

1.5 lbs of chicken, skinned

1 bag of baby spinach

1 2 inch piece cinnamon

4 green cardamom

2 whole clove

Method

1. In a food processor, grind together everything except the chicken and the spinach and the whole spics. Make a nice, smooth paste. This may take a few minutes, be patient.

2. Put the chicken pieces in a crockpot, and pour over the yummy-smelling sauce you just made. Add the whole spices, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves.

3. Chop up the spinach and add during the last hour of cooking.

4. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6.

Us Sleevers may have to eat the chicken without the sauce and eat the sauce separately or something.

Makes 6 servings of chicken (3 oz each, 21 gms of Protein each

EDIT: Forgot the tomatoes in the first version and also the whole spices! brain is mush

This is fantastic:-D me and my hubby love Indian curry and i, m starting softstage in 3 days, my crockpot is never going to be off, I can now cook something we can both have even if mines 1/8 of his portion :-D we both love cooking , so please any healthy versions of Indian cuisine eould be fantastic :-D