Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am abt 3 months post op and I kind of remembermy nut saying stay away from salad hard to digest

Has anyone been eating salad 3 months post op and if so how much in a sitting ?

I have a friend who is almost two years post-op and lettuce is only one of two things he experiences problems with still. The other is bread.

Everyone is different. What one person may have a problem with another can eat without any difficulty at all.

I started eating salad at 6 weeks out. But even to today, 9 months out, I only eat a few bites usually of my husbands salad. Never tried to eat a whole bowl myself. I used to live salad also.

I am 5 months out and do eat salad. Too much lettuce does give me heartburn. SoI load up with the other ingredients. Still only eat like a fourth of a bowl though.

lettach is no problem for me (10 weeks out). I make sure I chew it well. I do not often have salad, since my focus is Protein!!!

similar to Arts I don't eat salad much because I am focusing on getting Proteins in, and the salad will fill me up too fast...I love salad though and do have it on occasion along with my meal...if I eat more than a few bites though it takes up too much room in my stomach, and I can't get much Protein in...unlike pre-surgery, I don't have salad only as a meal any more, and I admit I miss that (I am almost 4 months post-op)

I asked my NP about this last visit and loved her advice. She asked what it was about the salad that I wanted and I told her it was the red peppers and the tomatoes and the onions and the fresh crunch!

She told me that I was craving the toppings and just to eat those. It took me a moment to realize she was right. I was craving all the good stuff on top of the lettuce, not an entire salad, so I made myself a teeny chopped salad of peppers and onions and bacon bits and cherry tomatoes and egg and YUM!

no prblem here with salad at 4 months but can only eat a few bites...of anything :)

I don't eat lettuce at all, but I have salads, when I can. kale, spinach, dandelions, bok choy, celeries, mints, and much more are, in my opinion easier to digest than lettuce. They call lettuce bunny food, but honestly you can get a bunny really sick off of it!

When you decide to eat a salad, make the greens a lesser part of the salad at first. make it an opportnity to get in all your veggie/fruit colors, add protien and healthy fats too!!! Don't worry about making too much, it is what EVERYONE should be eating anyway.

a couple of anti-salad salad combos:

"T-rex munch"

Dinosoaur kale, chopped

cranberries, dates and walnuts

toss in a sauce made from food processed apple with just a touch of mild honey (a touch), and cinnamon.

"Tuna awesomeness"

you can put this on a bed of spring mix, but you don't have to.

a sushi quality tuna fillet

cucumber

celery

masago roe

avacado

wasabi mayo

grated carrot IF you really like it

sesamee seeds

cut all into strips, cut the fillet against the grain.

use wasabe mayo minimally and you can even leave it out if you put wasabi/avacado together and mash - it has to be a really ripe avacado, not firm.

toss, enjoy.

proportions of the combo are to taste, and how you want to budget the meal - this one costs a little due to the tuna and roe, but my tummy loves it.