Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anything know about death in Mexico.

I started this thread to gain information about what happened because I am planning to Jane this surgery in MX. I did not name the Doctor but the doctor was named on

The other site. I would never want to put false info out there. In this case I felt I should say what I knew and how.

I find it extremely sad that Rox passed like this and suffered. If what was said is true then it should exposed.

My biggest fear is not dying on the table. I am Christian and if it is my time then I am okay with that. My fear is leakage. I am so concerned about staples not working or not holding up long term. I have not chosen a Doctor in Mexico yet but my biggest criteria is one with a full service hospital that can

Handle an emergency and a Doctor there around the clock.

My prayers are with Rox family, friends and forum friends who conversed with her. This is a terrible loss

It's horrible when anyone dies from any kind of surgery. I wonder if maybe the original poster was concerned because that is where she is having her surgery done and she just wanted to find out if this doctor has an usually high rate of complications/deaths? I would certainly have checked my doctor out more if I heard that someone had died from the same surgery I was getting at his hands. Of course, most are out of the doctors control and not their fault at all, but there are still some doctors who may not be a qualified as others.

I am the original poster. I just read about it on

Another forum. I posted here to gain knowledge. I do not have Doctor picked out yet. Still planning to go to Mexico.

I think, regardless of what realy happened everybody should get behind this doctor and support him.That goes for all bariatric surgeons in Mexico too. I realy think that this was a tragic accident and I would not like to be in this doctor skin right now. All mexican doctors should learn from each other experiences and help each other as much as they can. That would help their cause much more than bashing each other through different kind of medias. For sure no pacient should be left without an emergency doctor ready to jump in. This is I think how they could help each other eaven if they compete bussines wise. In this field bad news will affect all of them not only the unlucky doctor. They have to understand that as long as the halth care in US and Canada doesn't change and as long as the population in this countries are not going to change the way they eat, there will be plenty of bussines for them. So all Mexico doctors please unite and DO help each other.

People scheduled to have surgery with this doctor , don't wory the probabilty for that happening again is on your side.

Laura, where can I find the info about what eating 5:2 means?

I just heard of this as I don't frequent most of the sleeving forums. I tend to stick to a group on Facebook and get all the support and information I need. I am deeply saddened and quite horrified to hear of this. I think it is important to discover the the truth for the sake of the patient... her family and for the sake of the surgeon involved.

It is so important that bad outcomes for surgeons be shared as well as good ones so that people can make informed decisions and be the best advocate for their own health and wellbeing. This was my surgeon and I feel that I can't, in good faith, refer anyone to him until this matter is resolved. Of course... this whole situtation leads me to re-analyze the complications that accompanied my surgery.

Many prayers for Rox's family ... what a terrible and tragic loss.

To lose anyone suddenly is always such a tragedy, no matter what the circumstance. To lose someone who has been through this surgery is especially sad to those who participate here since we all have faced, or are facing, the same fears Rox surely faced, whether the the surgery was done in the US or elsewhere. We know the risks are minimal, but we would not be human if we didn't consider the risks.

I pray her family finds peace in knowing the surgery was something Rox desired to do for herself and not something she was coerced into.

Laura' date=' where can I find the info about what eating 5:2 means?[/quote']

http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246

I just heard of this as I don't frequent most of the sleeving forums. I tend to stick to a group on Facebook and get all the support and information I need. I am deeply saddened and quite horrified to hear of this. I think it is important to discover the the truth for the sake of the patient... her family and for the sake of the surgeon involved.

It is so important that bad outcomes for surgeons be shared as well as good ones so that people can make informed decisions and be the best advocate for their own health and wellbeing. This was my surgeon and I feel that I can't, in good faith, refer anyone to him until this matter is resolved. Of course... this whole situtation leads me to re-analyze the complications that accompanied my surgery.

Many prayers for Rox's family ... what a terrible and tragic loss.

May I ask what kind of complications you had?

Victoria... at this time... I consider the complications with my surgery to be related to my having a revision from the Lapband to the sleeve. Until I learn more about this situation I will refrain from making further comment... especially since you have no history other than this one post. Thank you for understanding.

I wonder if people will still schedule surgeries with dr acevez after what happen

Uhhh YEAH

I wonder if people will still schedule surgeries with dr acevez after what happen

No offense but when your first and only post is something inflammatory like this, you should know that most of us think you work for the competition and are here to stir the pot. The universe is not nice to people who seek to profit off someone's death. Just saying.

I guess that will be the patient choice....

America.... Capital A

Sorry I'm a proud American :D

And to the Mexican coordinators.....

Why fight? And put each other down? All the backstabbing, bickering, stories told.

Don't you know? There are plenty fat Americans

(see capital A) to go around. No need to get greedy.. :P