Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gym vent

Oh and BTW, it was an all women's gym and these were the married ladies, so who the HECK were they trying to impress dressing alike and wearing full makeup?!? @TwinsMama I'll tell ya who, each other! I am a hairstylist and I see and hear it all the time. Women can be some of the most green eyed competitive biotches on this earth! If you get a new car they will smile and tell you how happy they are for you. They really aren't! If you lose 100Lbs, they will tell you how happy they are for you. They aren't! Be on guard, because a delivery truck is going to pull up in front of your house with a GREAT BIG cookie bouquet, form you guessed it your dear green eyed friend. Got your boobs done, they tell you how awesome you look and yes, how happy they are for you. THEY AREN'T! Not all women are like this, but beware. THOSE TYPE OF WOMEN ARE! Sad to say but they can never be tan enough or slim enough or .....the list goes on and on. So sorry to say it but its true.

Oh and BTW' date=' it was an all women's gym and these were the married ladies, so who the HECK were they trying to impress dressing alike and wearing full makeup?!? @TwinsMama I'll tell ya who, each other! I am a hairstylist and I see and hear it all the time. Women can be some of the most green eyed competitive biotches on this earth! If you get a new car they will smile and tell you how happy they are for you. They really aren't! If you lose 100Lbs, they will tell you how happy they are for you. They aren't! Be on guard, because a delivery truck is going to pull up in front of your house with a GREAT BIG cookie bouquet, form you guessed it your dear green eyed friend. Got your boobs done, they tell you how awesome you look and yes, how happy they are for you. THEY AREN'T! Not all women are like this, but beware. THOSE TYPE OF WOMEN ARE! Sad to say but they can never be tan enough or slim enough or .....the list goes on and on. So sorry to say it but its true.[/quote']

Maybe that is why my sister in law brought me a box of chocolates!

Hilarious!! I thought I'd avoided all this by hooking up with a trainer who rents time at a very small gym. Usually it's just the two of us there when I work out, which is great. Just last week another trainer started training two sisters at the same time, and I swear these girls are living Barbies. Full makeup, hideous perfume, hair long, coiffed and flooooowing, and the cute little workout outfits that show their giant boob jobs to the best advantage. There's a lot of huffing & puffing and complaining about the various exercises the trainer makes them do. Meanwhile I'm over in the corner quietly sweating my fat ass off with my trainer who is just rolling her eyes! To make it worse, the other trainer likes a 'hot gym', so she turns off the A/C & fans and lets it get really warm. This does NOT help the perfume smell. As soon as they leave we open all the doors & crank up the A/C!!

I'm all for people wanting to get fit, no matter what they look like. But I just don't get the whole 'spruce up to work out' thing.

I'm so thankful that me gym isn't like that. Or maybe it is with the after work crowd...I work from home so I go in the morning with all the older people. :-)

However, I do have a comment for the girl who wears her weightlifting gloves through our entire STEP class: you look like a total idiot.

However' date=' I do have a comment for the girl who wears her weightlifting gloves through our entire STEP class: you look like a total idiot.[/quote']

Ha! That made me snort!!!

It's been many years since I've been in a gym. I do everything at home. But the last time I did belong to a gym, a lady dropped her phone while talking and walking on the treadmill. The treadmill sucked the phone underneath and crushed it....and she was yelling at the manager and threatening to sue if he didn't pay for her new phone.

Every afternoon all of the treadmills would be occupied with soccer moms either talking or texting on the cell phone while "walking". How you can text and still work hard enough to lose weight I have no idea.

I'm so thankful that me gym isn't like that. Or maybe it is with the after work crowd...I work from home so I go in the morning with all the older people. :-)

Okay a bit off topic but when I was in my early 20s in grad school I started taking aqua aerobics in the AM. I have always been able to swim so I thought I'd bump it up and try deep Water aerobics. The class was full of older (think late 60s and 70s) people.

So I get in the pool thinking I'm hott stuff because surely I can do way more than these seniors. Well we came to the floatation part of the workout and we have to balance on these long floaters. Needless to say I could not catch my balance.

I had 5 ladies in their 60s and 70s holding me and helping me get on and balance on the floater. I kept falling over and they were laughing so hard at me. It was not only humiliating but they kept calling me kiddo and trying to hold me up by my butt. For the rest of the class (WEEKS) they laughed and teased me every time we got to the floatation part of class.

By the end of the class I loved those ladies but boy, thinking I was hot stuff got me nowhere fast in that class. Lesson learned!

I have to vent about the gym.

I can.not.stand the:

super tan 50 year old ladies (I am 47 by the way)

who park their convertible BMW

in the corner of the park lot so they don't get scratched

wearing full make up when they show up at the gym

with matching

headbands

sneakers

and outfits

who come into class and complain about the instructors

and the routines

and how the old instructor was so much better

UGGGGHHHHHH! We are here to stinkin' workout' date=' get or maintain health and

get stronger. Please, I can't stand it.

Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

And I hope I didn't offend anybody.[/quote']

Yes We Have The Same Women In Zumba....So Annoying Get A Life:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Ummm... I park my convertable Porsche at the far end of the parking lot as not to get scratched!

**** that thing cost a mint!

But I do not wear make up, ever..

Nor do I go matchy matchy!

So don't judge all far off car parkers the same.

Besides its exercise...

Yep, I park in the no ding zone. Hubby is dingaphobic. My little RX doesn't have a ding on her. It helps me get my 10k steps! Not so good on the matchy matchy. How about some running shorts and big over sized t shirt. Everything is over sized on me right now!

I guess I'm obnoxious. I park my jacked up, loud, stinky, beast truck across 2 parking spots in the back of the lot. Then again, I don't go to the gym and eye everyone else and notice what they're doing, I'm usually too busy busting my ass.

1st world problems.

I guess I'm obnoxious. I park my jacked up, loud, stinky, beast truck across 2 parking spots in the back of the lot. Then again, I don't go to the gym and eye everyone else and notice what they're doing, I'm usually too busy busting my ass.

1st world problems.

Mark!.....you seem angry.....you ok man? :huh:

It's been many years since I've been in a gym. I do everything at home. But the last time I did belong to a gym, a lady dropped her phone while talking and walking on the treadmill. The treadmill sucked the phone underneath and crushed it....and she was yelling at the manager and threatening to sue if he didn't pay for her new phone.

Every afternoon all of the treadmills would be occupied with soccer moms either talking or texting on the cell phone while "walking". How you can text and still work hard enough to lose weight I have no idea.

hahhahaha I'm guilty of this... ;)

If I wore makeup to the gym I would look like the bride of Dracula as it started to slip off my face along with my sweat!!