Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Common belief, from reading blogs, is that things start to get better weeks 2-3. Today was my first pre-op diet day so what do I know. Don't let yourself down, this will pass.

If you are on Protein Shakes I had one today from GNC the vanilla lean 25 and even though the directions didnt specifically say you could, I mixed it with vanilla almond milk and it was the thickest thing I have ever eaten post sleeve. Im pretty sure that will fill you up I had to go to bathroom immediately after finishing it.

If you are on Protein shakes I had one today from GNC the vanilla lean 25 and even though the directions didnt specifically say you could' date=' I mixed it with vanilla almond milk and it was the thickest thing I have ever eaten post sleeve. Im pretty sure that will fill you up I had to go to bathroom immediately after finishing it.[/quote']

I am pre surgery but I had my initial nutritional consult. We were told not use nor drink almond milk due to the low protien in it. Not sure why it was think with your protien.

Almond milk has very low Protein in it. Use soy if you are having trouble getting enough protein! I use almond milk occasionally now (3 months post op) but when I do I'm using Greek yogurt and a scoop of Protein powder with it in my shake. So I "fix" the low Protein aspect of the almond milk.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Almond milk has very low Protein in it. Use soy if you are having trouble getting enough protein! I use almond milk occasionally now (3 months post op) but when I do I'm using Greek yogurt and a scoop of Protein Powder with it in my shake. So I "fix" the low Protein aspect of the almond milk.

I like soy milk but my thyroid gland does not. My thyroid is on the low end of normal so I am not on any medication. My PCP said to stay away fro soy products because it suppresses the thyroid.

Yeah that broth gets boring qwik..I got creative n strained reg corn n drank the liquid mixed with water...I also made ramen noodles n drained the liquid...or the cup if noodles again drained for liquid. .

One way I added flavor to my chicken broth is a tradition Italian recipe. Warm your broth and beat one egg and some Parmesan cheese add the egg and cheese to the broth and gently cook for a few minutes.

It adds beautiful flavor and body and the Parmesan cheese is delicious.

It gives flavor and necessary Protein.

Then I would do Almond milk. Watch your brands because there are different Sugar contents in each. I prefer the chocolate flavor or vanilla. Then just make sure you are adding in GOOD Protein sources like the Greek yogurt and or a Protein powder. I will often also have Greek yogurt later in the day for snack. My surgeon wants me at 70-75gm's of protein per day. He said no more then 80 per day. After 80 your body doesn't really absorb it and it can cause issues.

One way I added flavor to my chicken broth is a tradition Italian recipe. Warm your broth and beat one egg and some Parmesan cheese add the egg and cheese to the broth and gently cook for a few minutes.

It adds beautiful flavor and body and the Parmesan cheese is delicious.

It gives flavor and necessary Protein.

My mom and grandmother used to make this. I have too and it is good. Much lower fath than eg go drop Soup .

You are right the almond milk has almost no Protein, I bought one that has 5x the protein in it so it had 5g. I also use the silk vanilla milk but it seems like 1% gives the most protein. I only have to get 20g per shake so the milk is just for extra.

I started getting hungry at 10 days. I'm 5 1/2 weeks now and I'm constantly hungry. I'm now on soft foods so my meals actually fill me up right away (unlike the liquid diet) but I'm hungry again within 90 minutes. SO I've been eating like 7-8 times a day. Some people will try to convince me it's acid but I take a PPI 2x a day and I know what hunger feels like.

So, it may not get better. I've heard that until I'm eating solid Proteins (like chicken, beef, etc) I may not be relieved of the hunger. Soft food goes thru much quicker.

Good luck!

Just wanted to let you know that I was sleeved Thursday as well and I am miserably hungry! Not sure whether it goes away, but my misery loves your company. Let's keep the faith!

I started getting hungry at 10 days. I'm 5 1/2 weeks now and I'm constantly hungry. I'm now on soft foods so my meals actually fill me up right away (unlike the liquid diet) but I'm hungry again within 90 minutes. SO I've been eating like 7-8 times a day. Some people will try to convince me it's acid but I take a PPI 2x a day and I know what hunger feels like.

So, it may not get better. I've heard that until I'm eating solid Proteins (like chicken, beef, etc) I may not be relieved of the hunger. Soft food goes thru much quicker.

Good luck!

Exactly. It's not always acid or thirst (although it can be and it's worth ruling those out...definitely) and the liquid diet does almost nothing to fill you up. Once you start on solid foods however, the restriction will kick into full force and very little food will leave you feeling like you just ate the Thanksgiving turkey.

When I was on liquids, I could drink tons of Water, but even a mouth full of milk left me incredibly full instantly...so that might be worth a try if you're feeling like bottomless pit. It didn't last but at least it was a little relief in a healthy and safe manner.

I getting worried. Because I am a little bit of a "b" when I am hungry!! So I sure hope that not a problem for me.

How long were u all off work or have to be off from work following your sleeve? I am a nurse and some days I busy and some days it really really busy....:-/