Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wisconsinnite,s Hometown.

Have been busy and no time to reply. Went to the seminar and there were plenty of empty seats. I'm glad I went. They had an overhead showing pictures of what is done with each different procedure. Then there was a guest speaker, someone who had it done 2 years ago, he had the bypass. He talked about himself and took questions.

What everybody says this is not the answer it's a tool, you really have to get your mind set, that it's for life, regardless which way you go.

They did mention that undoing the band is not as easy as one may think, but yes it's reversable.

I'm leaning towards permanent. I have heard the band is slower weight loss and not as succesful. To tell you the truth, I really don't know. I'm hoping the dr. will help me out. I have Dr. Burhop.

Jules I was banded Feb.13th and am losing just great I did research on my GP advise for a bout 9 months the risk factors of the bypass made me decide they out weighed any benefit.After my Cardiologist recommended to check in to Lap bad the research started all over but after my research decided it was the surgery for Me. I wound not let the fact you lose slower be any reason not to have lap band the bypass is more of a window of opportunity and you quit losing after about 12 months with the band they can adjust it for life to control weight loss. What ever you decide Good Luck!!

Terry

Hello old giesser,

Thanks for you response. I have done so much research, I'm resesarched out. I have to take a breather and then makr a list of the pros and cons.

Terry, would it be possible for you to tell me what you go through in a day. What do you eat, how do you feel, etc.

Jules

I feel pretty good most of the time I am still a little tender but it is only 12 days post op. I have not started any exercise yet but hope to soon after getting the clearance from my Primary Physician. After being on a 4wk pre op diet because of a larger than normal liver I cant stand the thought of another shake. My surgeon said it was ok to eat strained cream Soups so after 4 days of only Water I started to eat the Soup and after a week or so I started some mushies a week early.Now my daily diet is something like this for Breakfast oatmeal or scrambled eggs (2) and fried left over mashed potatoes for lunch Soup (a can of Campbell's Select ) for dinner mashed potatoes and either lean ground round (crumbled and fried medium and chewed very good) or chicken strips (cut up with plenty of gravy and chewed very well ) for a snack in between if hungry oatmeal or fat free sherbet or cottage cheese with crushed pineapple or apple sauce. I am eating about 5 times a day but way less than I use to. I thing the little meals more often stops your body from going into starvation mode. When that happens your body wont let it eat the fat because it things you need it.

I see my surgeon and dietitian in a week I hope they approve of my diet :hungry: I will let you know what they say. I hope this helps some as you can see I have been very Lucky eating more than I probably should but the weight is coming off faster than I ever dreamed so it must be working.

Good luck with your choice.

Terry

Hello Two Rivers,

I'm from Oconomowoc, went to the Dr. today. I set up appointments

for the dietician , psych etc. will be done with all the tests by 3/15.

I have insurance that will cover me, however my BMI is 36.6 with 97 lbs

overweight. My only problems are severe back problems and severe depression. Do not know if the insurance will cover me.

Wish you luck on your insurance approval.

Later

Jules

Checking in from Superior! I had my surgery at SMDC like Terry did...as far as losing faster or slower than regular GB patients, I'm down 101+ in 9 mos. and that is pretty fast. I would probably be down even more if I exercised regularly, but I need two new knees (which I plan to have done this summer) and then I'll be able to walk, walk, walk!!

This IS a tool...you still have to have the mindset to use the tool. It is 7 times safer than the regular GB and better for you. We digest food and absorb nutrients just like everyone else...GB patients don't. They have to take a lot of Vitamin supplements and they can lose their hair (or it thins out) and they cannot reverse what they have done. Now we don't have to EVER remove the band, but if we need to, the option is there.

Any questions about my experience, just ask :girl_hug:

Welcome Blondy, This is the place to be for great info (LBT) I love my band! Good Luck from Marinette, Sunnysea:)

ok all you wisconsin people its time to get your walking shoes on and take a walk and smell the flowers,

ok all you wisconsin people its time to get your walking shoes on and take a walk and smell the flowers,

Ain't that the truth!!! BEAUTIFUL out there!!!!

Good morning my WI friends. I live in Phoenix now, but I was born at Waukesha Hospital and lived in Pewaukee my first 10 years. My license plate here says "Cheesehead" in an abrreviated form. My motto is "Cheesehead by birth, Packer fan by choice"! :)

Hi Julie - looks like you're halfway to your goal!! Glad to hear you're keeping to your WI roots even though you've moved away. I'm an import - grew up in the Twin Cities and have lived in Superior for 19 years.