Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss with sleeve?!

Is their anyone that has not lost weight with the sleeve? I'm just so scared that I will have this surgery and I will be a failure or I won't loose weight... I'm hearing how much weight everyone is loosing in 3-6 months ... Could that really be me in a few months?? Ugh I don't know how to feel :-(

I had the same thoughts before my surgery 3 months ago and I have lost a total of 51 pounds! I know that wouldn't have happened on my own without the surgery. It is a scary process, making permanent changes to your body and your lifestyle but it is worth it in the long run. I think the people that work at being successful at the weight loss and follow their surgeons instructions are pretty much guaranteed to be successful! Good luck to you!

I think there are many of us that had that same fear...it is understandable given the countless times we have "failed" in the past. You can do it...you will do it...and you will love it.

This really is my one true fear as well, even though my head knows it's not going to play out that way. Fear of the unknown, I suppose!

Thank you... This has been going through my head a lot now ... I know I just need to relax a little bit... I'm anxious lol

Believe me, you aren't alone there! :)

I think that in the first few months, you really have to work hard at eating all the wrong things to not lose weight. Physically, there is only so much space in your sleeve for food, so it is almost a guarantee that you will lose. However, if you do not change your lifestyle by adding in exercise and completely change your food choices and eating habits, and eat the same way after surgery that you did before surgery, then the surgery will not work. It is merely a tool to get you started on a new path, but you have to put in the work and make many changes and sacrifices to see big and permanent results.

You aren't alone! It is because most of us have tried EVERYTHING and it didn't work, so we think we are the one exception to the rule and that we will always be overweight and doomed for life. I was CONVINCED it didn't work. About week 3 I had a stall and I was like "see....it didn't work and I'm gonna be fat forever!" then the next week I lost 9 pounds. I have lost 29 pounds in 6 weeks thank you Jesus! You will lose, but don't expect it to be all at once or like 50 pounds in a month which is what I was led to believe from my time spent on VST! You will do great!

You aren't alone! It is because most of us have tried EVERYTHING and it didn't work' date=' so we think we are the one exception to the rule and that we will always be overweight and doomed for life. I was CONVINCED it didn't work. About week 3 I had a stall and I was like "see....it didn't work and I'm gonna be fat forever!" then the next week I lost 9 pounds. I have lost 29 pounds in 6 weeks thank you Jesus! You will lose, but don't expect it to be all at once or like 50 pounds in a month which is what I was led to believe from my time spent on VST! You will do great![/quote']

Thank you ????

I thought the same thing! That was 10 weeks ago and I've lost 48 pounds! You can do it!:)

Keke, I think this is a fear that most of us have. Just follow your doc and nut's advice and you will be fine.

It just seems that we put our body in starvation mode and the weight will hold tight. I have never been an exerciser, i realize I will have to make new habits. But around 800 calories a day, I think I may be too weak to exercise?

It just seems that we put our body in starvation mode and the weight will hold tight. I have never been an exerciser, i realize I will have to make new habits. But around 800 calories a day, I think I may be too weak to exercise?

It's weird but I actually have more energy than I did before. The high Protein is key! Before the sleeve I was a healthful eater, but I didn't always eat enough or ate too much at one time. I had severe sciatic nerve pain and had to stop my 5 mile a day walks. Now I am up to 3.5 miles a day, no back pain, and only 12 days in! So happy I can walk more than half a block!!!

It's amazing how much energy you'll have for not eating food! :)

Is their anyone that has not lost weight with the sleeve? I'm just so scared that I will have this surgery and I will be a failure or I won't loose weight... I'm hearing how much weight everyone is loosing in 3-6 months ... Could that really be me in a few months?? Ugh I don't know how to feel :-(

I haven't heard of anyone not losing weight, but it is possible to stretch the sleeve once you start eating regular food. It doesn't stretch nearly as much as your stomach can now, but if your not careful you could consume too many calories (depending on the food). There are times when people stall, but resume losing weight again (like during that time ;-)). We've all had the same concerns, but think about your life without the surgery! Think positive!

It's so funny, I got on here to ask the same exact question. Thanks for beating me to it. I'm going to work feeling better. It's hard not to think your going to be the one person it doesn't work for. Guess that is what this site is for. Support from people that have been there. Thanks!