Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers please check in..

Surgery date was July 23rd and while my goal was 185, my nutritionist and others thought it was aggressive.

I am 5'11

Surgery Weight 287

Original Goal 185 pounds

Weight as of today 180 pounds

New Goal - Maintain essentially current weight. Lost 100% of excess body weight plus a few pounds more

My picture up here is now 33 pounds ago! And up to that point it was the only picture I was comforttable with in years.

Edited by RAK

My surgery date was July 26, 2013 and I am down 86 lbs. Starting weight 310, so I am very happy! Can't wait for the 100 lb lost, it is so very close.

I'm slowing down too.. I started drinking more Protein shakes. I've been drink green shakes with unflavored Protein powder. I found out that kale has more Protein in it than chicken and fish. And I limited process food like triscuits and wheat thin.. Anything process. I was also eating a handful of nuts everyday.. I slow down on those too..

For the month of January I recorded what I ate in fitnesspal. I was so shocked to find out that I was eating 1600 calories! So realized that I needed to slow down on foods I eliminated above. I haven't recorded my intake in awhile but going back to shakes, eating fruit, veggies and protein is working now. I lost 5 lbs since January.. I'm going to start working out again too.

SW-350

SW - 339 - surgery date - July 10th

CW- 257

just an fyi, kale doesnt have more protein than chicken and fish.

Had my sleeve done on July 10,

Starting 360

Surgery Day 307

Today 200

I have slowed down to almost a crawl. I only have about 10 more pounds to go but after pulling month after month of 15 to 25 pounds lost a meager 5 seems like a failure, though I know it is not. Next checkup in April I will work on scheduling my TT and I hope once that is done I can be happy with what I have.

Sleeve date: July 30.

Start weight: 292

Current weight: 189

Height: 5'8.5"

Progress: 103 down, 29 to go

I think one of my keys is that I continue to log all my meals, every day, into MyFitnessPal. In spite of the fact that 800 calories per day seems really low, it continues to satisfy me so I still don't feel compelled to "up" it. I am NOT exercising regularly as I work really long hours, live away from home (in a corporate apartment), and don't have free time of any kind. I do choose to walk, a lot, between the several buildings at my work site and consider this as good an exercise regimine as I can handle right now.

I feel healthy, energized, and still motivated to stick with my plan. I have lost a lot of hair, but have a lot of it so it's really not obvious. I'm too old to consider plastic surgery (cost/benefit ratio not that good) but get tickled that my husband mentions it now and then because I look so good now (his words) that getting rid of some of that extra skin would make an awesome difference.

Love my sleeve, love my progress. Still have a ways to go, but still enjoying the journey.

Onederland! Finally! Yay, I got here on my 46th birthday, also have lost over 100lbs now!

Great job! I'm at 80lbs lost, but I have not been exercising as much as I should due to arthritic knees. Got to get back to Water aerobics!

Keep up the great work!

7.29.13 HW 288 SW 277 CW 199!!!!!!!!! Onederland!!!!!!!! Today will be known to my friends, family and coworkers as my most obnoxious day!!!!!!

ElyQuint, you go girl! Enjoy every second of this day! Congrats!

Big changes are very exciting!

post-172955-0-28409100-1397068229_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43264[/ATTACH]

post-172955-0-22045800-1397068257_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43265[/ATTACH]

7.29.13 HW 288 SW 277 CW 199!!!!!!!!! Onederland!!!!!!!! Today will be known to my friends, family and coworkers as my most obnoxious day!!!!!!

Wooohooo!

Don't forget to update your ticker! Ain't it GREAT to see that number move?! Congratulations!!

Ten months post-op is right around the corner for me...so I've updated my "after" pic. Here's me, out for dinner at a restaurant where you can book a former bank vault as your private dining room. dinner (filet mignon, gotta get that protein!) was followed by my first-ever salsa dancing lesson. Ten months and 90+ pounds ago, there's no way I would have been able to dance for hours in heels. This really is a whole new life for me--I love what my sleeve has helped me accomplish!
post-175978-0-56222500-1398651338_thumb.jpg