Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5wks out and 40lbs gone!

Well this week started my 5th week. I have lost 40lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm starting to adventure out from to my soft food stage. But I find things really cause my chest to hurt, has anyone else had this symptom?

I only have that problem if I eat or drink too fast, then it feels like everything is stuck in my chest. If I eat slower, I don't have that problem.

Yup it happens to me when I eat beef...its too heavy for me...and also if i eat to fast

Feel the exact same way. Sometimes it just get's unbearable, and I end up throwing up. I got worried and thought I had a gastric leak, but now that I'm feeling better I'm hoping it was just a temporary phase.

Do you have any tricks for the esophageal spasms?

Hanna xx

Also, I'd really like to know if any of you could share your post-op diets with me. I am also 5 weeks post-op, but I'm having a hard time with my diet. I have not lost the amount that I had expected.

Thank you,

Hanna xx

Well this week started my 5th week. I have lost 40lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm starting to adventure out from to my soft food stage. But I find things really cause my chest to hurt, has anyone else had this symptom?

Excellent. I hope to have lost that much at 5 weeks. I was sleeved on 8/12 and am down 13.5 lbs since surgery date which was a week ago. I just started Protein shakes today. What I have noticed is if I drink Crystal light or anything besides plain Water I have no issues but sometimes not all the time with plain Water I get like a minor pain. Kind of like a small gas pain. Now that I hear about drinking too fast I'm going to slow it down. Maybe that's whats happening.

Feel the exact same way. Sometimes it just get's unbearable' date=' and I end up throwing up. I got worried and thought I had a gastric leak, but now that I'm feeling better I'm hoping it was just a temporary phase.

Do you have any tricks for the esophageal spasms?

Hanna xx[/quote']

Hi Hanna, I too was having esophagus spasms and my dr recommended me to drink something warm. I drink Decaf hot herbal tea, and decaf coffee. I have been unable to tolerate the Protein shakes so I basically just consume all my Protein. I usually have eggs, tuna, shredded chicken, cheese, milk, basically anything with protein :) but I can only eat about four bites.

I only have that problem if I eat or drink too fast' date=' then it feels like everything is stuck in my chest. If I eat slower, I don't have that problem. [/quote']

I'm going to try the eating slower. I thought I had slowed down but with my job I got use to gobbling my food so it's a hard habit to break.

Also' date=' I'd really like to know if any of you could share your post-op diets with me. I am also 5 weeks post-op, but I'm having a hard time with my diet. I have not lost the amount that I had expected.

Thank you,

Hanna xx[/quote']

I am 4 weeks out ( actually will be 4 was out this Monday). I'm down 25 lbs. I usually have a half cup of coffee with fat free half half & either a premier Protein shake or a chobani yogurt in the morning

lunch is usually Soup of some kind

snack cottage cheese or a slice of turkey & string cheese

dinner 2 cheese raviolis or couple meatballs or Soup or a little bit of ground meat & super soft veggies or lentils

What are you eating ??

I am 4 weeks out ( actually will be 4 was out this Monday). I'm down 25 lbs. I usually have a half cup of coffee with fat free half half & either a premier Protein shake or a chobani yogurt in the morning

dinner 2 cheese raviolis or couple meatballs or soup or a little bit of ground meat & super soft veggies or lentils

What are you eating ??

Breakfast is a either a boiled egg or omelet

Lunch- tuna salad

Dinner- chicken salad with string cheese.

dinner 2 cheese raviolis or couple meatballs or Soup or a little bit of ground meat & super soft veggies or lentils

What are you eating ??

That sounds so good, looks like you're getting everything you need. In the morning I drink a glass of Vitamin Water with no sugar, for lunch I have some chicken soup and for diner I have another glass of Vitamin Water. That's what I usually eat. This week I was so tempted and ended up eating half a slice of white toast with some ham. It hurt me so badly that I never got tempted again lol. I got no sleep that night, and felt like I was going to die for the first 30 minutes. So, that was definitely a huge mistake on my part.

Thanks for your reply,

Hanna xx

Hi Hanna, I too was having esophagus spasms and my dr recommended me to drink something warm. I drink Decaf hot herbal tea, and decaf coffee. I have been unable to tolerate the Protein shakes so I basically just consume all my Protein. I usually have eggs, tuna, shredded chicken, cheese, milk, basically anything with protein :) but I can only eat about four bites.

That sounds really nice, I'm definitely giving that a try tonight, and will let you know how it works out for me. I need to start getting my Proteins because I am definitely not getting enough of those. Do they contribute to weight loss?

Thank you so much for your reply,

Hanna xx

That sounds so good' date=' looks like you're getting everything you need. In the morning I drink a glass of Vitamin Water with no sugar, for lunch I have some chicken Soup and for diner I have another glass of Vitamin Water. That's what I usually eat. This week I was so tempted and ended up eating half a slice of white toast with some ham. It hurt me so badly that I never got tempted again lol. I got no sleep that night, and felt like I was going to die for the first 30 minutes. So, that was definitely a huge mistake on my part.

Thanks for your reply,

Hanna xx[/quote']

My dr says you have to move onto solids / semi solids with Proteins otherwise you will be tired

Well this week started my 5th week. I have lost 40lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm starting to adventure out from to my soft food stage. But I find things really cause my chest to hurt' date=' has anyone else had this symptom?[/quote']

If I eat one mouthful too much or whenever I drink Water I get this pain. After reading all the comments in this thread I think I might try warm Water. Thanks everyone !