Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitness Plan ideas

Let us start a thread that contains a weekly fitness plan for giving others ideas about what to do depending on post op maturity.

Please indicate your weekly plan, how it is working for you and the number months or weeks you are post op. looking forward to hearing about what you do and how it is working!!

What do guys like to do for weekly exercise?

I work out 4 days per week - usually take off Tuesday and Saturday/Sunday or Sunday and another day during the week.

Monday - Body Combat class

Wednesday - Either Tabata or Zumba

Thursday - Burn and Firm Class

If I am heavier on the cardio then I will do weights on my fourth day. If I am heavier on a class with weights then I will do a cardio class (like Zumba on my fourth day).

I do almost exclusively classes. they keep me interested and motivated.

But this week I did 30 minutes elliiptical, 10 minutes star climber, 20 minutes upper body weights.

I am 10 months out.

This coming week I want to try the Turbo Kick class.

I work out 4 days per week - usually take off Tuesday and Saturday/Sunday or Sunday and another day during the week.

Monday - Body Combat class

Wednesday - Either Tabata or Zumba

Thursday - Burn and Firm Class

If I am heavier on the cardio then I will do weights on my fourth day. If I am heavier on a class with weights then I will do a cardio class (like Zumba on my fourth day).

I do almost exclusively classes. they keep me interested and motivated.

But this week I did 30 minutes elliiptical' date=' 10 minutes star climber, 20 minutes upper body weights.

I am 10 months out.

This coming week I want to try the Turbo Kick class.[/quote']

That sounds like a lot of fun doing those classes. There is nothing like the motivation that comes from working out as a group, sort of a kindred spirit where the aggregate is much more then the individual parts. Both Tabata and Zumba are awesome. I am curious: what do you get to do in Body Combat? Is that like mma training?

What do guys like to do for weekly exercise?

I'm 1 month post surgery. Fortunately my bariatric doctor has a gym. I get there 3 days/week for 30 min of cardio - bike/elliptical and weight/strength. Progressing slowly; but progressing. Very out of shape after years of obesity & my sedentary office job.

I'm 1 month post surgery. Fortunately my bariatric doctor has a gym. I get there 3 days/week for 30 min of cardio - bike/elliptical and weight/strength. Progressing slowly; but progressing. Very out of shape after years of obesity & my sedentary office job.

Very nice! We all start where you are at and can definitely emphasize. :) great job for deciding to go for 3 days a week! It will definitely get easier as the weight drops. And more fun!

Well, I was doing alot of weight lifting but I inured my shoulder so I've had to limit that. So these days I'm running every other day, usually 4-6 miles but maybe 1 day a week I do about 3 miles of intervals instead at the track. Once or twice a week I'll do a 6 mile hike with the dogs, and I just started doing the "You Are Your Own Gym" DVD workouts which I'm doing every non running day. And I'll try to work in a bike ride once or twice a week. Obviously this means I sometimes "workout" twice a day, but really a hike in the morning and a bike ride in the afternoon doesn't feel like 2 workouts...it just feels like staying active. Now if I do a long run, I'm pretty well done for the day. Days off? Not many, maybe 1 or 2 a month, when I'm feeling poorly for whatever reason. But even on those days I'll try to walk 2-3 miles for an active recovery session.

I get tired just listening to Butter and Fiddle :P

I work out with a trainer 2 days a week and do Water aerobics 4 days a week. I usually take Tuesdays and Sundays off but I have a dog so I also get 2 to 3 miles of walking in a day with her. I don't count that as exercise..it is sniff sniff walk with her.

I am thinking of getting those You are your own gym DVD's. I am also toying with the idea of increasing my sessions to an hour with the trainer. I am just afraid I won't be able to complete an hour haha!

I'm 10 months out, I was sleeved 10/16/12

Monday 6am jog/run 30 mins

530pm circuit class 55 mins

Tuesday 530 pm spinning class 60 mins

Wednesday 6am jog/run 45-50 mins

Thursday 9am spinning class 60 mins

10am circuit class 60 mins

Friday 900am cardio(30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical) strength 30 mins

Saturday 7am jog/run 45-50 mins

Sunday Rest

This has been my routine for the last 2 months, trying to build some muscle now tht I have lost mostly all the weight I want.

I get tired just listening to Butter and Fiddle :P

Yup - it is time for new blood to contribute in sharing good fitness info for the rest of us. I always about learning new tricks. :) that is one of the reasons I started this thread.

The BYOG workouts are really an effective use of time. You might find novice too easy as you workout with a trainer. If you find this to be true, skip to intermediate DVD. :) absolutely loved this program and the training style of mark lauren. Endorsed!!

The BYOG workouts are really and effective use of time. You might find novice too easy as you workout with a trainer. If you find this to be true, skip to intermediate DVD. :) absolutely loved this program and the training style of mark lauren. Endorsed!!

Agreed....really like these DVDs so far. Prepare for your glutes and hamstrings to be sore.

I'm 10 months out, I was sleeved 10/16/12

Sunday Rest

This has been my routine for the last 2 months, trying to build some muscle now tht I have lost mostly all the weight I want.

Oh how I envy this schedule. I wish I had a life that allowed such regimented scheduling. I switch back and forth from days to nights every week at work...working every other weekend....always changing my schedule. I pretty much have to plan every workout around all that. So one week I'm working out first thing in the morning, the next week it's late evening...sometimes in the middle of the day or the middle of the night. I've run at 3am plenty of times before being at work at 5. It's not fun but sometimes it's all I have.

I'm 10 months out' date=' I was sleeved 10/16/12

Sunday Rest

[/quote']

Really super consistency towards working out during the week. I admire your dedication and focus. Thanks for sharing.

Im 8 months post op

Monday/Wednesday/Friday: upper body heavy weight lifting for 30 minutes, 10 minutes treadmill inclined,10 minutes stair master, 10 minutes elliptical.

Tuesday/Thursday: lower body: intense lower body exercises 40 minutes(squats,pile squats,lunges,dead lift,leg press,high kicks,knee highs), 20 minutes cardio (elliptical,treadmill , stair master).

I try my best to exercise 5 days a week. Ive been doing well and think Im building muscle because the scale is going up. Only complaint is that Exercise makes me intensely hungry :) when I dont exercise I can go all day without eating.

Great another thread to get me focused... This time I won't wait so long before I add to it. Thanks to Bean and Fiddle, I'm committed to C25K. I'm actually liking it.. Granted not when wagging (walking/jogging), I'm not a runner yet... To much shakes and bounces, plus the hernia I have makes it hard, I really like the way I feel when I complete the day!

I'm 1 year out, I do C25k 3 times a week, if I can't leave the house due to kids I do an hour on my elliptical. I use a ball and free weights, plus walking lunges and sumo squats. Can't do much with abs because of hernia. I try to do something anytime I want to watch tv, so at nights if I turn on the tube, I have to do something to benefit me.