Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pork rinds??? I can honestly say I never would have thought of that! I always thought of them as junk food because of the high fat content. Have you found them to be a quality source of Protein?

http://www.kitchentablebakers.com/products_agedparmesan.php

I've included a picture of the nutritional facts of Pork rinds & the link to the Parmesan crips nutritional facts. Considering you can't eat much its not too bad for either....in my opinion.....

post-60853-13813668960331_thumb.jpg

http://www.kitchenta...gedparmesan.php

I've included a picture of the nutritional facts of Pork rinds & the link to the Parmesan crips nutritional facts. Considering you can't eat much its not too bad for either....in my opinion.....

NINE GRAMS OF Protein IN PORK RINDS?!? Thank you, SJ; my eyes have been opened! And you haven't had any issues with tummy upset or acid reflux with either of these?

These are a bit expensive, but they're really good and low carb:

http://www.amazon.co...&sr=8-8π=SL75

I have found Parmesan cheese crisps. They are delicious, crunchy and made totally of cheese. They are 80 cal, 6 grams of Protein in 1 serving (3 good sized crackers. I love them with tuna salad. I think they sell them at whole foods but I buy them online. They are made by "kitchen table bakers", I think is the name

http://www.kitchenta...gedparmesan.php

I've included a picture of the nutritional facts of Pork rinds & the link to the Parmesan crisps nutritional facts. Considering you can't eat much its not too bad for either....in my opinion.....

Found these same Parmesan crisps on netrition.com for $4.99 a bag! There's a $4.95 flat shipping rate, which is worth it if you buy anything else off the website.

NINE GRAMS OF Protein IN Pork rinds? !? Thank you' date=' SJ; my eyes have been opened! And you haven't had any issues with tummy upset or acid reflux with either of these?[/quote']

No issues eating pork rinds here but I had a cast Iron stomach before surgery & apparently a mini version now. I haven't thrown up once or been Nauseous at all through this whole ordeal. We also use Romain lettuce or collard green leaves to put taco meat, chicken salads, basically replacing tortillas. Pork rinds are $1.25 a bag at your local grocery store or gas station vs $4.95 + shipping for the Parmesan crisps.

Check out http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html

It shows how to make your own cheese crisps. Easy, quick & delicious! :D

Hubby and I did an experiment with a cracker and a pc of melba ttoast (toast is on. My soft food diet, crackers r specificallt not allowed) we put them inn a glass of Water and waited a coupe hrs. The cracker was about 3x the size while the melba toast didn't change at all.

That's all it took to convince me not to eat crackers. And melba toast is actually tasty. I use them to dip into my egg yolks, crumble in chili, and put tuna salad on

Check out http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html

It shows how to make your own cheese crisps. Easy' date=' quick & delicious! :D[/quote']

I tried a different recipe a few weeks ago. It was a bake in the oven type recipe. My attempt was a total flop. I followed the directions closely. However, my outcome was crisps, it was little piles of hot watery, greasy liquid :-(

I have found Parmesan cheese crisps. They are delicious' date=' crunchy and made totally of cheese. They are 80 cal, 6 grams of Protein in 1 serving (3 good sized crackers. I love them with tuna salad. I think they sell them at whole foods but I buy them online. They are made by "kitchen table bakers", I think is the name[/quote']

Parmesan crisps are so easy to make at home also! Everyone should try it! Great to dip in hummus or just have a a snack with Soup or some meat and cheese

Found these same Parmesan crisps on netrition.com for 4.99 a bag! There's a 4.95 flat shipping rate' date=' which is worth it if you buy anything else off the website.[/quote']

I buy them from netrition. Just got in 6 containers of them. Their shelf life is like a year from now. As far as lactose issues, I cannot drink any milk based shakes anymore. But I don't seem to have a problem with these or other cheese

I know it very pedestrian but hat about veggies? Tomato, zucchini or cucumber slices, lettuce wraps? Ima learn to cook so im less dependent on processed replacement foods.

At the preop class i went to the NUT stated that we could have saltines on the pureed stage but only like 1 broken into smaller peices as a vehical but she stated very emphatically that there must be more tuna or chicken than cracker. She just said that sometimes people like the crunch and by this point are in need of some. But with always the reminder... Protein first.

I found the parmesan cheese crisps by Kitchen Table Bakers at Wal-Mart in the deli foods section. Before that I had been buying some very expensive ones out of town at Whole Foods.