Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm nearly six weeks post-op and would really like a vehicle for all this egg/tuna/salmon salad and hummus. My meal plan says nothing about crackers except for unsalted Saltines weeks 5 & 6. I'm skeptical about Saltines because I used to binge on them and haven't had refined flour for almost two months now.

When were you able to successfully incorporate crackers and what kinds worked better with the sleeve early on? Do you know of any sleeve-friendly crackers/bread substitutes (I can't have raw veggies yet)? I'm not concerned about grams of carbs, just the risk of awakening the refined carb monster, and the pain that comes with pointy foods.

Thank you!

If crackers are a "trigger" food for you, it's best to not start. They were for me. I'd open a box thinking I would only eat "one serving", and before I knew it, the box was empty. If you fill your sleeve with Protein and produce.... there won't be room for carbs with little nutritional value.

I don't have a NUT. That's why I'm asking here.

I agree with Amy, if they are a trigger food stay far far away.

Have you considered something like paleo wraps? http://paleowrap.com/

or maybe making cauliflower tortillas http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/cauliflower-tortillas.html

Hi I dont know if you have a Trader Joes by you, I eat small a little bigger than poker chip size crackers. they are called original savory thins they dont haveregular flour they have rice meal and soy but they are very crunchy. 1 serving is 15 crackers I go for 7 at a time because if you put tuna or hummus on them thats really all you need. Just take out your few crackers for meal, and put box away. lol I hope that helps and no Im not supposed to have carbs for 6 months but I dont want my body to freak when I do decide to have healthy carbs so I eat the crackers.

I have Kallo corn cakes... and also multigrain thins made by 'rude health' (UK brands). They are gluten free (not intolerant, and I know they are grains...but I try to eat paleo...ish). I also had no access to a NUT. I have found these don't trigger any former binge eating behaviour.. perhaps because I don't look at them as been off limits. Everything in moderation works for some.

I've been using the reduced fat wheat thins

I don't have a NUT. That's why I'm asking here.

From what took me 5 1/2 months to learn

Sliders foods will slow your weight loss!

Look up slider foods vs Protein dense foods

Wish I'd realize that sooner.

Good luck

I think on the recipe board, there is a recipe for 'cloud' bread. Which I made a couple of times to eat my tuna on. Haven't lately, I have this odd craving for things on lettuce lately. So I use the leuttuce lea as a roll-up for my chicken, tuna, crabmeat, even when I have the occasional burger.

I also have used thin sliced English (seedless) cucumber as my 'cracker' for hummus, and tuna salad.

Good luck!!

I LOVE Kim's magic pops. They are 15 calories with no fat and no sugar and they are huge. Very sleeve friendly.... I can eat a whole one. Great for tuna or chicken salad, guac, hummus, laughing cow cheese, etc. They come in different flavors but I have only tried the plain ones. I can't buy them locally, so ordered a whole case from the website, and share them with a friend. Just google Kim's magic pop.

I LOVE Kim's magic pops. They are 15 calories with no fat and no sugar and they are huge. Very sleeve friendly.... I can eat a whole one. Great for tuna or chicken salad, guac, hummus, laughing cow cheese, etc. They come in different flavors but I have only tried the plain ones. I can't buy them locally, so ordered a whole case from the website, and share them with a friend. Just google Kim's magic pop.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I just ordered a 6-pack sample box.

Hi I dont know if you have a Trader Joes by you, I eat small a little bigger than poker chip size crackers. they are called original savory thins they dont haveregular flour they have rice meal and soy but they are very crunchy. 1 serving is 15 crackers I go for 7 at a time because if you put tuna or hummus on them thats really all you need. Just take out your few crackers for meal, and put box away. lol I hope that helps and no Im not supposed to have carbs for 6 months but I dont want my body to freak when I do decide to have healthy carbs so I eat the crackers.

Love, love, love TJ's but the nearest one is almost 3 hours away. Next time I'm in the vicinity I will check these out! In the meantime, I'm wondering if Mary's Gone Crackers would work. They are also rice flour-based.

These are a bit expensive, but they're really good and low carb:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003GBCH10/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1376682004&sr=8-8π=SL75