Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Good" Fast Food?

I am almost afraid to ask this for fear of being chastised by the sleeve police.... but due to my profession I spend a tremendous amount of time in my car and stay on the road for several days. I have been packing a small cooler with Protein shakes, Protein Bars, Water, tuna packs etc. I have been stopping at grocery stores for meals and getting things like deli meat, cheese, egg salad, etc. Problem is most grocery stores are not near interstates so occasionally due to time constraints I need to eat at a (gasp) fast food restaurant. Soooooo that being said....

What are some "good" (or at least tolerable) fast food choices?

All I've come up with so far is:

Small Wendy's Chili 210 Calories, 17g Protein, 21 Carbs

Taco Bell Pintos and cheese 190 Calories, 11g Protein, 22 Carbs (basically refried Beans, cheese, and red sauce)

Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets 6 pcs 110 Calories, 25g Protein You can get it with apple sauce and skim milk

Any other thoughts?

Starbucks Bistro Box, minus the bread or crackers: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/product?food=bistro-boxes#view_control=product

Chick Filet grilled chicken kids meal with fruit or applesauce as the side.

Chipotle single taco kids meal with steak or chicken, cheese, Beans, salsa. Toss the chips and taco shell.

Panera "secret menu". http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

Any grilled chicken sandwich minus the bun and mayo.< /p>

I am almost afraid to ask this for fear of being chastised by the sleeve police.... but due to my profession I spend a tremendous amount of time in my car and stay on the road for several days. I have been packing a small cooler with Protein shakes' date=' Protein Bars, Water, tuna packs etc. I have been stopping at grocery stores for meals and getting things like deli meat, cheese, egg salad, etc. Problem is most grocery stores are not near interstates so occasionally due to time constraints I need to eat at a (gasp) fast food restaurant. Soooooo that being said....

What are some "good" (or at least tolerable) fast food choices?

All I've come up with so far is:

Small Wendy's Chili 210 Calories, 17g Protein, 21 Carbs

Taco Bell Pintos and cheese 190 Calories, 11g Protein, 22 Carbs (basically refried Beans, cheese, and red sauce)

Chick-Fil-A Grilled Nuggets 6 pcs 110 Calories, 25g Protein You can get it with apple sauce and skim milk

Any other thoughts?[/quote']

For years, I used to get Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich without the bun or sauce, but with extra lettuce and Tomato and wrap it in the lettuce. 270 cals, 24 gms protein, 18 carbs but you can remove the breaking if you want. Totally yummy and filling. In dunno, maybe now 270 will be too many calories?

Starbucks Bistro Box' date=' minus the bread or crackers: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/product?food=bistro-boxes#view_control=product

Chick Filet grilled chicken kids meal with fruit or applesauce as the side.

Chipotle single taco kids meal with steak or chicken, cheese, Beans, salsa. Toss the chips and taco shell.

Panera "secret menu". http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

Any grilled chicken sandwich minus the bun and mayo.< /p>

[/quote']

Ooh I didn't know about the hidden menu! Why not unhide it I wonder?

Ooh I didn't know about the hidden menu! Why not unhide it I wonder?

Seriously! I'm looking at it right this minute & planning to hit up Panera ASAP!! I have been avoiding that place like the plague, but now I know better.

I don't know how much of this is WLS friendly but I had pinned this link a while back on the healthiest fast food choices

http://www.familycircle.com/health/weight-loss/diet-tips/healthy-fast-food/

Most ff places have salads with grilled chicken on top. Most of them come with LF dressing or you can buy those spray dressings that are pretty low calorie.

The Panera hidden menu is cool .... I like being part of a secret club ... I hope they send me a decoder ring

Everything from subway can be purchased as a chopped salad or without bread. Most of there stuff has decent numbers which you can find on there website.

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20411588_last,00.html

and if you have WaWa (or things like it (7-11, etc.) yogurt and cottage cheese and string cheese type things???

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20411588_last,00.html

and if you have WaWa (or things like it (7-11, etc.) yogurt and cottage cheese and string cheese type things???

Wawa is a staple! My favorite. They have boiled eggs, fruit, and the best coffee. Sigh.... I've not had coffee since I started my pre op diet.

Panera Hidden Menu is my favorite..I always feel like some secret spy when I order the chicken Hummus Bowl!

Dunkin Donut's Wake-up Wraps are great. Lots of Protein. Who knew?

I used to eat dunkin donuts flat bread sandwich very often. If you take off the top layer of bread, im sure it will be even better from a carb perspective. It's egg white, chopped veggies, and turkey sausage. Hard to go wrong with that