Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Fun!

Oh girlfriend, I wish it were that easy - I've been taking stool softeners, milk of magnesia, Fiber capsules... I'm thinking it'll either take a miracle or an enema for this thing to happen!

So since they took 10 lbs of skin and fat....you must be at goal? I was looking at your ticker...and thought 'How cool is that' new body and took her to goal at the same time.

Everyone here is so happy for you....though I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is sooooo jealous that it ain't me.

Some day....some day. Take care and get better soon!

So since they took 10 lbs of skin and fat....you must be at goal? I was looking at your ticker...and thought 'How cool is that' new body and took her to goal at the same time.

Everyone here is so happy for you....though I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is sooooo jealous that it ain't me.

Some day....some day. Take care and get better soon!

Thanks hun, but I think I have like 10 pounds of Fluid in me still. I haven't weighed myself since the surgery. Hey, that'd be a good thing to do today! I still have 10 pounds to go, and will probably still go for 150. I really, really want to be able to be the best at the sports I'm into, and I think at 150, that'll be the optimal weight for that.

I'm going to get all sentimental on you because I'm on drugs, but I was on the outside looking in just over a year ago. Just over a year ago, I hadn't been on a date in 10 years!!!! I had no hope for my goals in life - to be married and have a fun family. I was a happy person, but hated being fat! When I got the band, it gave me hope that I COULD lose the weight.

The first 6 months, however, I think I only lost like 35 or 40 pounds. I had 2 months of total plateau. Talk about discouragement! But then I just decided to get my ass off the couch and stop complaining about it! I haven't looked back since. Lots of people ask me what my 'secret' is. There's been no real secret. It's been excercising my butt off every second I can and watching every thing that goes into my mouth. I can still eat about 1.5 cups of food at a time. A lot of my motivation comes from wearing a Body Bugg on my arm, that calculates how many calories I'm burning. I just set a daily 'deficit' goal and make SURE I hit that sucker no matter what each day. I'm losing faster now than I ever have (well, not now that I had the surgery, but the months prior). I suppose the other motivation has been men. They are my complete weakness. I LOVE good looking men, and I just had to transform myself to get there. However, this has also caused some new heartache in my life. Want a good looking man? Better expect a little bit of shallowness to them. Not always, though! There are two good looking men I'm sort of dating right now that don't seem all that shallow (I say 'sort of' because I'm not full-on dating again until I'm completely over another big breakup. These two men know that and are respecting that. No makeouts for at least a month!).

But single ladies, there's HOPE! Oh MY IS THERE HOPE! And I think this, combined with the boob job I'm getting in March will give me that total confidence again. My ex knocked a lot of the confidence out of me, but I'll get it back! And this lower body lift is an amazing thing. I had no idea that I looked 'normal' when naked until I got this thing. I look NORMAL NAKED! Well, and normal dressed, too LOL. But naked's what counts... jk.

I'm rambling, rambling, rambling... I'm blaming this on the drugs!

Today's update:

The abdominal pain is gone! Mostly it's back pain from having to walk hunched over. I look like the evolution of man progression at the ape stage. Other than that, no pain! The drains are a pain in the ass, but also not a huge deal. They're coming out Monday. So that's today's update and ramblings and shenanigans and goings on. Again, I blame this post on the residual drugs.

Puddin: I wish I could send your email to everyone I know who is considering WLS. You are a success story. I'm proud of you. You set your goal and you went for it! Way to go! Glad you doing so well. Now, please explain where and what a body bug is? Is it like a pedometer? While you've got the time LOL, please enlighten.

Puddin, you are such an encouragement to me. I, too, lost only 40 pounds in the first 6 months and then hit a 2 month plateau. I have started losing again in the last 2 weeks after getting off my butt and exercising and watching what I eat instead of eating what I can. You are right on the money.

I am hoping to be as successful as you! Hope the healing keeps going well.

Y'all ANYBODY can be a success story. This board's full of them. Just count everything you eat. I'm telling you! You eat a helluva lot more food than you think you do, even with the band. WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU EAT!!! Just do it, okay? I don't want your lip. Stop arguing with me. Just do it. Now I sound like Nike on drugs.

Karey

Why yes, I do have the time... it sucks! As far as the Body Bugg goes, I'm a huge fan and their unofficial spokesperson who doesn't get paid or work for their company. If they did I'd be making bank, I tell you. Anyhow, their website is www.bodybugg.com. I purchased mine at my local gym and it came with 4 free personal training sessions with a really hot personal trainer. You can also purchase it online. WARNING: It's a pricey motha. I paid $500 for mine about 9-10 months ago when it first came out. I believe the price has gone down to $400. I think they're also available at 24 Hour Fitness and various other large gym chains. The Body Bugg calculates your calories burned within 92%-96% accuracy using body movement, heat loss and production, skin response (like sweat or skin response to other things), and some other things. It's pretty advanced. I'm telling all of you who are not motivated by numbers to FORGET about this gadget. If you're not motivated by numbers this will do you no good. Also, if you're not willing to count everything you eat and wear this armband all day long you should also forget about it. Expect questions when you wear it (I get like a question a day if I'm not wearing something long-sleeved). I always say "It's my pacemaker, don't mess with it." They just laugh and go on their merry way. Sometimes I feel like explaining it and sometimes I don't. Also, pretty much nobody knows I have a lap band (except family). When people ask how I lost it I just show them my bodybugg and tell them about it. For the most part, it's the TRUTH! The BodyBugg has been the thing to keep me motivated and keep losing and moving.

And Marcy, sounds like you've got the right idea down! You will be successful!

Thanks for the info. I already record everything I eat on a software program called Diet Power. I'm pretty anal about it. I've used a pedometer before and quite liked it. Part of my exercise program right now is Water aerobics. I don't suppose it's waterproof? Anyway, thanks for the info. I will check out the site and think hard about this. I'm thinking that when I hit another stinkin plateau that I might want to get this! You're an inspiration!

WHY??? What's up with drain removal? Nobody's told me about that yet. I'm supposed to have them removed today. Is it going to hurt??? Damn. I bet it does.
Now that it's done I'll tell ya. :)

I've seen every reaction from "oh, feels weird" to passing out. And I've heard stories of everything from "feel nothing" to "worse than childbirth".

Wheet, the first drain was 100% no big deal. No pain. Can't say for sure with the other drains, though.

Hey Puddin,

Congrats on your lower body lift.I'm 6 weeks post op from mine.I know exactly what you mean about it being amazing! No more cellulite on my thighs either,what so ever!! It's crazy! I love it.I went from a size 9 when I went in 6 weeks ago and fit in a size 5 for a few weeks after ,then today (after most of the swelling is gone) I fit in a size 1 jeans! I am so amazed!! I love my results.I got my boobs done too at the same time. So now I'm small with big boobs! I don't even recognize myself in the mirror.Anyways,enough about me.I know you're going to love your results even more everyday! Did you go to Mexico for your LBL? I went to Dr Soberanes in TJ. I love him!!

Have fun with your new bod! Don't worry about your EX,he's going to regret his decision when he sees you in a few weeks!

Oh yeah,I was going to ask you about you saying that you are walking hunched over.I was told by my surgeon that a LBL requires you to stand as straight up as possible unlike just a Tummy Tuck where you need to be hunched over.

quote=puddin;370185]Thanks hun, but I think I have like 10 pounds of Fluid in me still. I haven't weighed myself since the surgery. Hey, that'd be a good thing to do today! I still have 10 pounds to go, and will probably still go for 150. I really, really want to be able to be the best at the sports I'm into, and I think at 150, that'll be the optimal weight for that.

I'm going to get all sentimental on you because I'm on drugs, but I was on the outside looking in just over a year ago. Just over a year ago, I hadn't been on a date in 10 years!!!! I had no hope for my goals in life - to be married and have a fun family. I was a happy person, but hated being fat! When I got the band, it gave me hope that I COULD lose the weight.

The first 6 months, however, I think I only lost like 35 or 40 pounds. I had 2 months of total plateau. Talk about discouragement! But then I just decided to get my ass off the couch and stop complaining about it! I haven't looked back since. Lots of people ask me what my 'secret' is. There's been no real secret. It's been excercising my butt off every second I can and watching every thing that goes into my mouth. I can still eat about 1.5 cups of food at a time. A lot of my motivation comes from wearing a Body Bugg on my arm, that calculates how many calories I'm burning. I just set a daily 'deficit' goal and make SURE I hit that sucker no matter what each day. I'm losing faster now than I ever have (well, not now that I had the surgery, but the months prior). I suppose the other motivation has been men. They are my complete weakness. I LOVE good looking men, and I just had to transform myself to get there. However, this has also caused some new heartache in my life. Want a good looking man? Better expect a little bit of shallowness to them. Not always, though! There are two good looking men I'm sort of dating right now that don't seem all that shallow (I say 'sort of' because I'm not full-on dating again until I'm completely over another big breakup. These two men know that and are respecting that. No makeouts for at least a month!).

But single ladies, there's HOPE! Oh MY IS THERE HOPE! And I think this, combined with the boob job I'm getting in March will give me that total confidence again. My ex knocked a lot of the confidence out of me, but I'll get it back! And this lower body lift is an amazing thing. I had no idea that I looked 'normal' when naked until I got this thing. I look NORMAL NAKED! Well, and normal dressed, too LOL. But naked's what counts... jk.

I'm rambling, rambling, rambling... I'm blaming this on the drugs!

Today's update:

The abdominal pain is gone! Mostly it's back pain from having to walk hunched over. I look like the evolution of man progression at the ape stage. Other than that, no pain! The drains are a pain in the ass, but also not a huge deal. They're coming out Monday. So that's today's update and ramblings and shenanigans and goings on. Again, I blame this post on the residual drugs.

Ok Puddin, I have been following this thread from the beginning. And I just cant take it anymore ... WHERE ARE THE PICS !!!!!!!!!! LOL

I wanna see. Im pretty sure i'll need one after i get banded ( HOPEFULLY NEXT MONTH) so i wanna see. Even the "Not so purdy pics lol )

Cant wait to see them

Mindy

Hey Puddin,

Congrats on your lower body lift.I'm 6 weeks post op from mine.I know exactly what you mean about it being amazing! No more cellulite on my thighs either,what so ever!! It's crazy! I love it.I went from a size 9 when I went in 6 weeks ago and fit in a size 5 for a few weeks after ,then today (after most of the swelling is gone) I fit in a size 1 jeans! I am so amazed!! I love my results.I got my boobs done too at the same time. So now I'm small with big boobs! I don't even recognize myself in the mirror.Anyways,enough about me.I know you're going to love your results even more everyday! Did you go to Mexico for your LBL? I went to Dr Soberanes in TJ. I love him!!

Have fun with your new bod! Don't worry about your EX,he's going to regret his decision when he sees you in a few weeks!

Oh yeah,I was going to ask you about you saying that you are walking hunched over.I was told by my surgeon that a LBL requires you to stand as straight up as possible unlike just a Tummy Tuck where you need to be hunched over.

Size 1???? THAT'S FREAKIN AMAZING!!! holy cow! Okay, I'll never hit that, but I'm okay with it. I'm medium-boned and 5'9". Even a size 6 would be bone-skinny for me. I think I'll be an 8 when I'm done and that will be VERY skinny for me. As far ast walking hunched over - heck no!!! I couldn't stand up straight if I wanted to! I look like I'm halfway between ape and man. The butt part is NO big deal whatsoever. It's been the tummy part that's hard to recover from. Hey, how long did you walk hunched over for? It's hurting my back LOL! That's been the worst part of this. Oh yeah, and how long before all the swelling is gone? I was a size 12 before the surgery and now my size 12's are even a little tight with the swelling. I'm VERY VERY swollen. And when did you get your drains removed?

Y'all, Okay, I just CAN'T take a pic of myself right now. I have freaking tubes hanging out all over me still. I'm hunched over, I look like a crack whore. I won't even let the guys I'm dating come over and see me. I'm not posting pics til I can stand up straight! I'll give in a little and post before the swelling is gone, but I just can't post 'em right now. I'm too vain for that. Unless you just want scar pics. Is that what you want? Okay sicko's. I'll give you scar pics.

Hehehe, I cant WAIT to see how you look now because you looked pretty awesome before! But I'd wait too until you're feeling a bit more your best.