Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Fun!

The lower body lift is where they cut almost all the way around, and pull everything (your lower area) 'up', kinda like pulling up pants, correct? I'd love to see how it turns out. Good luck, Puddin' :rolleyes:

The lower body lift is where they cutt all the way around, pull everything up and pull everything down, too. Both a Tummy Tuck, butt, side, and thigh lift. It's everything, baby!

Today's the first day I've felt like doing much of anything, so here I am posting an update:

Friday went well. Surgery went so well I woke up and didn't even have any pain meds the entire day. They told me that NEVER happens. Then they put me on a stupid morphine drip 'just in case' that just seemed to give me a headache. Other than that, the worst pain of all has been the damn catheter they had to leave in because I couldn't pee on my own at the hospital. Thankfully that was removed yesterday. Really, the pain has been SO very minimal. Just more of a pain not being able to use your core muscles. But I am using them more and more each day. I think the worst part of this surgery has been the time I've had to sit and think. I just had a major breakup with someone and I hate having time to sit and think about it.. and miss him... and think about how things may have been different if i'd had this lift earlier. But I can't do that to myself, it just makes for more heartache that I don't need right now.

Anyhow, I got to see my full self without most of the bandages in the mirror yesterday at the doctor's office. WOW!!!! I couldn't believe it, just couldn't believe it. Instant transformation. I already thought i looked like a supermodel and still have quite a bit of swelling. I couldn't believe how flat my tummy was, how skinny my waist was, how I have a nice booty now - even my crotch area is totally lifted! All the cellulite on my thighs and butt are gone! Amazing you guys, just amazing! They removed 4.5 pounds off my front and 5.5 pounds off my back. That's 10 friggin pounds off my mid-section. Ah yeah!

I'm so glad you're recovering well. I'm sorry about the mental part. Just think of this as a perfect time for your transformation -- you can focus on healing your body AND heart. We're here for you!

Puddin: Wow! I can't believe you're already back on the computer and feeling so good. Congratulations! I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. I'm excited for you. Now don't use your down time to think about your ex. You deserve better. He should haven't loved you unconditionally or he isn't THE one. Read some good books, catch up on paper work, knit, scrapbook, etc. You are going to be a whole new person! Way to go! Way to be brave!

Puddin, good to hear that you're doing well! I can't wait to see the after pics!!! I'm sure sitting around and thinking has been tough for you these past few days, and it's easy for all of us to say that if you needed the body lift to have this guy like you, then he doesn't deserve you. He doesn't, but when you're living it, it's harder to put into perspective. Just stay strong and know that the man you're meant to be with is still out there!!

Thanks you guys, I know he doesn't deserve me, and he can't ever have me again if he wants to. The vindictive part of me wants to send him a pic of myself in a bikini in a few weeks. The other part of me wants him to move on. He didn't love me unconditionally, though I think he wanted to. In the end, he wanted another woman he'd been with before because she was 'very attractive'. I could tell when we were intimate that the extra skin bothered him. I really could tell it. That's why I keep thinking 'would this have happened if I'd had the lift before?' He didn't end up going back to this woman - he's staying away from all women for awhile (or at least he says). So I think I can find solace at least in that. But you all have great advice. And I have a feeling this will give me some new self-esteem!

WOW!! Thats great you feel so good. so fast.

Yep- move on- if he couldn't see the inside you it will NEVER matter what the outside you looks like!! Cut and paste this to the bikini pic you send him!!:heh:

We're all hovering over this thread waiting for pictures, much like seagulls hover for a scrap of that bread they've been coveting. Can you tell we're jealous? :heh: :heh:

I have a wish list for you. if you're honoring requests. :D I want you to pay attention to how it feels when they remove your drains. I know beyond any sliver of hope that unless I want to live my days out as a clone for the saggy baggy elephant, I'm going to need work. Major work. I'm way too far from goal to give it any serious thought, and not even considering it (except for maybe my arms...hmmm...) until after I have my 1.3 children, but drain removal is something I'm already apprehensive about. Heck, it's just about the only thing I'm apprehensive about. And much like the prospect of an IV & PBs kept me from the band for 5 years, I could see the prospect of drain removal keeping me from my "don't look all melty anymore" body.

I have a wish list for you. if you're honoring requests. :D I want you to pay attention to how it feels when they remove your drains. I know beyond any sliver of hope that unless I want to live my days out as a clone for the saggy baggy elephant, I'm going to need work. Major work. I'm way too far from goal to give it any serious thought, and not even considering it (except for maybe my arms...hmmm...) until after I have my 1.3 children, but drain removal is something I'm already apprehensive about. Heck, it's just about the only thing I'm apprehensive about. And much like the prospect of an IV & PBs kept me from the band for 5 years, I could see the prospect of drain removal keeping me from my "don't look all melty anymore" body.

WHY??? What's up with drain removal? Nobody's told me about that yet. I'm supposed to have them removed today. Is it going to hurt??? Damn. I bet it does.

Patience my fine feathered friends, I'll post the after pics when I can freakin stand up straight, okay? I'll wear the teddy my ex bought for me - LOL (just kidding, don't want to make you all turn lesbian on me haha. NO, I'm totally totally kidding. I promise I won't look sexy enough to 'turn' you, just enough for you to say 'damn girl').

As far as cost goes. NOW, I'll tell y'all because I don't know any of you personally. I won't even tell my own mother. The cost of the lower body lift was $8,500. For just the Tummy Tuck it would have been I believe $4,500 if that's all I had done. The boob job I'm getting in March is going to be another $4,000 for silicone implants, and I'm getting those bad boys done in California because there's a good, cheap doc there. I don't need a lift, just an enlargement. Can you tell I'm getting addicted to this crap??? Well, I think that'll be the end of the plastic surgery at that point. But it'll be enough.

Okay, Wheetsin, I had one of the drains removed today, and guess what? NO FRIGGIN BIG DEAL! Wasn't even painful. So far, the biggest deal has been not having a bowel movement. I can't seem to have one, no matter what. If no BM tomorrow, enema here I come!