Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months post op, -83 lbs & I'm gonna be a mom!

Congratulations and best wishes for you and your new addition to your family!

What wonderful news! Congratulations to you! Blessings to you & your new son!

Awww thats a beautiful story. Enjoy him and your new life!!!

Congratulations!!!

BLESSINGS all around for you! How wonderful!

How fantastic! My younger son is adopted and along with having my older son and marrying my husband, best things I have ever done in life.

I still remember my first look at both my boys, one when he was just born and they showed him to me, and the other when I saw him at an hour old. I cried both times :)

How old is your boy? So exciting! And congrats on the weight loss too.

Congrats, my family is full of adoptive parents and adopted kids. Love it and wish you and your family nothing but love and success with this process!!

He turned 14 last Saturday. He is such a blessing and has such a big heart. We had a big party for him and my whole family got to come (they live out of state) and meet him. My sister and her husband have adopted five, so my family is very supportive has welcomed each with open arms. Most people think I'm nuts adopting as a single mom, and absolutely crazy for adopting a teenager with special needs but every child needs a family. It breaks my heart to see kids age out of the system with no one to turn to. I tell people no potty training, no diapers...I get to go straight to the good stuff :)

He turned 14 last Saturday. He is such a blessing and has such a big heart. We had a big party for him and my whole family got to come (they live out of state) and meet him. My sister and her husband have adopted five' date=' so my family is very supportive has welcomed each with open arms. Most people think I'm nuts adopting as a single mom, and absolutely crazy for adopting a teenager with special needs but every child needs a family. It breaks my heart to see kids age out of the system with no one to turn to. I tell people no potty training, no diapers...I get to go straight to the good stuff :)[/quote']

IMHO you are not nuts. When people tell me my son got lucky that I adopted him, I realize they don't get it at all. WE are the ones who got lucky to have them in our lives. What a great time in your life!

You are definitely not nuts! I'm so happy for you! I'm an only child- but grew up with my moms best friends kids being my "siblings"- she has a bio daughter that is 5 years older than me, then they adopted a little boy (who is now a man lol) from Russia and then adopted a sibling group of four from here. My mom and her BFF joke that they never realized they'd go from 2 to 7 kids. I love each of them dearly!

Well all went good. Just got him in bed and this new momma is gonna take a hot bath lol. I didn't realize he had so much stuff. Getting those four xl tubs and a big bike in the back of my Exterra took some creative packing. I'm glad we've been bringing stuff home over the last few weekends because we would have had to make another trip down there to get another load. Placement is Monday, so I will have another inspection and a whole slew of caseworkers in my house. That will take a few hours, then we are going over to register him for school. He is very nervous about a new school but I keep telling him he is going to do great!

Well all went good. Just got him in bed and this new momma is gonna take a hot bath lol. I didn't realize he had so much stuff. Getting those four xl tubs and a big bike in the back of my Exterra took some creative packing. I'm glad we've been bringing stuff home over the last few weekends because we would have had to make another trip down there to get another load. Placement is Monday' date=' so I will have another inspection and a whole slew of caseworkers in my house. That will take a few hours, then we are going over to register him for school. He is very nervous about a new school but I keep telling him he is going to do great![/quote']

Yay? So glad you posted I was wondering what was going on. I saw this wonderful article of a teenager who'd been adopted and he didn't have any baby pics, so his new mom and a photographer arranged for him to have some done. It was a very touching series and I thought of it after your post. Might be worth googling and doing some on your own, if you are into that kind of thing. :)

I'm very happy for you and you son. Way to go Mom!

Congrats! I'm the proud mom of two adorable and fabulous teenagers I adopted from foster care 13 years ago. They are my loves and life. I wish you so many years of happiness!