Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't I just hit the stupid people?

High fives all around.

allons-y

I just wanted to say I can relate!

I was once shopping for a souvenir T-shirt in Singapore. At the time I was a size 22 top and I was shopping for my very petite 12 year old sister - so of course I knew the shirts I was looking at wouldn't fit me!

The sales person came running over to me' date=' grabbed it out of my hands and yelled at me...I mean yelled "You can't try this on, you are too fat it will be ruined!"

I was so stunned and embarrassed I just ran out of the store.

To this day I think about that (it was 8 years ago!) and wish I could go back in time and tell that shop clerk off!!

So thank you for doing it![/quote']

Wow, that is HORRIBLE! That's even more blatant; I would have been mortified!

I wish there was a do-over button for all the crappy things I've gone through so I could go back & say what I WISH I'd said in the moment!!

Good for you!

Reminded me of that scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts goes back to that high end store that wouldn't serve her to tell them off. Love it!

Good for you!

Reminded me of that scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts goes back to that high end store that wouldn't serve her to tell them off. Love it!

LOL, I quoted the same thing in my comment earlier in the thread!

...reminds me of Pretty Woman! "Big mistake! HUGE! I have to go shopping now." ;)

It WAS a great quote, stacechase!!

Good for you! I don't take crappy service. I am so glad you said something because just imagine how many times she's said that to someone.

People in service (and yes I worked in retail during college) should understand every time someone walks in a store, it is not for them. That is the fastest way to lose a sell. Wow...just wow!

Now think of all the money you would've spent over time if only she had thought BEFORE she spoke. They lost out big time.

Yes people should not judge. They don't know your situation, they don't for certain know how much you were going to spend, and I'd she is on a commission wellllll she just lost a customer. Could u tell me what store that was at?

Yes people should not judge. They don't know your situation, they don't for certain know how much you were going to spend, and I'd she is on a commission wellllll she just lost a customer. Could u tell me what store that was at?

It was Talbot's.

I would walk on my lips before I would say or do something so insensitive. The reason why things like this bother us so much, is because we know that we would NEVER do that to someone else.

The power of the internet - just think how many people you have been able to tell about your experience at Talbot's and influence the shopping habits of others. With review sites like Yelp and Trip Advisor, you would think companies would do a better job with customer service. Clearly, some do not.

I am sorry this happened to you, but you did the right thing by going to the manager. Perhaps a letter to their corporate office would be in order.

Amen, my friends!!! There is no reason to be ugly to someone, especially if you are in a sales or customer service position!

However, I do have a question ... Does b***h slapping help firm up your arms? if it does, put me in line for some exercise!!!!!

Good for you! Oh, that pisses me off for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

Good for you! Oh' date=' that pisses me off for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST[/quote']

Doesn't it just? At least it turned out better than it would have in the past!