Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't I just hit the stupid people?

That is pure awesomeness...good for you!!

You go girl!!! I would call that a confident NSV!! :)

That salesperson should be written up for that. Truthfully, she should be FIRED but I'm going to be a christian & say she should be talked to & then written up for it. How DARE she??!!! Good for you for walking back in. I tend to shoot (my mouth off) first & then ask questions, but you did good cause you thought it thru & went to the manager. **Standing ovation!**

Good for you!!! Talbot lady needed to be corrected big time... So glad you let her manager know how offensive that was. She needed to go to the ugly & insensitive department of Talbots. Really, take that 25% & shove it!!!

:D When I read the title of your post "

Can't I just hit the stupid people?"

I thought to myself, Sign me up! And, Boy are our arms going to get tired!

LOL But when I read your story OMG I am soooooo proud that you did what you did!!!!! That was awesome!! I can't stand "sales people" types in the first place -- sometimes I just want to freaking LOOK without having someone up my butt trying to "help". But for her to make such an assumption, omg, rude. Let's just hope it was a learning experience for her!

That is honestly disgusting. What a horrible salesperson. I am SO GLAD you went back and gave it to the manager...reminds me of Pretty Woman! "Big mistake! HUGE! I have to go shopping now." ;)

I can understand that you were insulted and maybe it was just the tone of your salesperson's voice. I did used to shop in the Talbot's women's dept, and when the perfectly nice, trying-to-be-helpful, salesperson suggested the women's dept after my surgery, I took pride in telling her that I didn't need that anymore. And then congratulated myself for not needing that dept anymore.

Maybe it's just because I am not pushing down emotions with food anymore, but I feel like telling someone off every day -- over just about anything. Then it occurs to me that the person who will be the most damaged by this is me. Rather than just blowing off the slight or insult, if I react to it I will stew about my reaction until I find myself eating something not on my plan.

Just a thought . . .

So.....innocent question here.....does "women's section" translate to plus size section? If so....yes you may hit the b***h. Twice.

Hi Butter - yes, 'Womens section' is code for 'Big Gal's clothes' in most stores.

And thanks for supporting the smackdown!

I can understand that you were insulted and maybe it was just the tone of your salesperson's voice. I did used to shop in the Talbot's women's dept' date=' and when the perfectly nice, trying-to-be-helpful, salesperson suggested the women's dept after my surgery, I took pride in telling her that I didn't need that anymore. And then congratulated myself for not needing that dept anymore.

Maybe it's just because I am not pushing down emotions with food anymore, but I feel like telling someone off every day -- over just about anything. Then it occurs to me that the person who will be the most damaged by this is me. Rather than just blowing off the slight or insult, if I react to it I will stew about my reaction until I find myself eating something not on my plan.

Just a thought . . .[/quote']

Hi Cindy - I disagree. For me at least, NOT saying anything is what pushed me to stress eat because I was frustrated & didn't stick up for myself. Having a voice & standing up for myself was empowering. And the rest of my day was FABULOUS because I did! I didn't stew in it, I DID something about it, then let it go.

But I had to share it with my VST pals, because so many of us have put up with crap like that in the past!

Way to go! I bet it felt empowering!!

MaFawesome!!!! The older and wiser I get I find myself telling off people or opening my big, fat mouth as I like to call it more. It doesn't do myself any good to harbor negative feelings or dwell on situations that I didn't do anything about all day long and sometimes days long. I used to just keep my mouth shut and it led to emotional eating. I actually believe that when people do stupid things like that they should be told. First of all, she might be totally oblivious about how rude and hurtful she is being. Second of all, if she knows how she sounds and how offensive she is coming off, then why let her get away with it scott free. Third of all, It is only hurting myself to keep that pain bottled up inside...it definitely isn't hurting her one bit.

I just wanted to say I can relate!

I was once shopping for a souvenir T-shirt in Singapore. At the time I was a size 22 top and I was shopping for my very petite 12 year old sister - so of course I knew the shirts I was looking at wouldn't fit me!

The sales person came running over to me, grabbed it out of my hands and yelled at me...I mean yelled "You can't try this on, you are too fat it will be ruined!"

I was so stunned and embarrassed I just ran out of the store.

To this day I think about that (it was 8 years ago!) and wish I could go back in time and tell that shop clerk off!!

So thank you for doing it!

I just wanted to say I can relate!

I was once shopping for a souvenir T-shirt in Singapore. At the time I was a size 22 top and I was shopping for my very petite 12 year old sister - so of course I knew the shirts I was looking at wouldn't fit me!

The sales person came running over to me, grabbed it out of my hands and yelled at me...I mean yelled "You can't try this on, you are too fat it will be ruined!"

I was so stunned and embarrassed I just ran out of the store.

To this day I think about that (it was 8 years ago!) and wish I could go back in time and tell that shop clerk off!!

So thank you for doing it!

omg that is AWFUL!! I'm so sorry! What a horrible person that clerk was!

Like 20 years ago, bought some sweatpants without trying them on -- just grabbed a folded pair & paid for them. Well when I got home and put them on, there was a giant hole in the crotch! So I took them back. The salesclerk woman was like no we won't take this back, you obviously were too big for them and ripped them. I was FURIOUS! I told her exactly what happened, and I said You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me that you won't exchange these for me. The owner of the store heard all this & rushed over and let me exchange them. But I never never went back in that store. What is WRONG with some people???