Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband is killing me!

I'm on day 8 of my post-op liquid diet...

And he's in the kitchen cooking bacon!

Now my head is screaming

BACON!!!!!!

FEED ME BACON!!!

Now I have the task of convincing my head that the Protein shake taste better! Wish me luck.

Most likely you would not even be able to keep it down..It would hurt...Trust me there will b e plenty of time for you to eat some bacon later on...Right now..Would not be the smart thing to do....LOL

I know! But man does it smell good! Lol I'm being good and drinking my shake. :-)

I couldn't resist last night - hate cooking for the family at the moment - made salmon cooked with capers, onion and peppers with cream sauce, potatoes in small bits, carrots and Beans lightly steamed - all looked and smelt soooo good!

:ph34r: Tasted the sauce and chewed and chewed and ------ yes spat out.

**shame***

Bacon cooking knowing I couldn't eat it would kill me! My husband tried to be helpful to me by cooking things that he knew I didn't like. Stuff like Salmon patties and fried Spam. Normally, Yuck!, I would leave the house. But not after my surgery. Sitting in the living room drinking my shake, that salmon and later that fried spam smelled so good! I would have given almost anything to eat some! :P

Go ahead...eat the bacon...you will vomit and your mind will associate bacon with pain and vomiting. You will never crave bacon again.

mmmmmmmm.......bacon........where was I?

LOL

Torani makes a bacon flavored Syrup. I don't know what you'd do with it..... but, it's available.

Here's what I do: you know that 90% of the enjoyment in food is actually in the smell. That's why people who lose their sense of smell get really thin, because they can't smell food anymore.

When I gave up sugar years ago, I learned that just because something smells good, doesn't mean I have to stuff it in my face. I learned to bask in the smell, roll around in it, and get my enjoyment from that.

I have lovely memories of brownies, Cookies, cakes. I think of them like an old lover. It was fun while it lasted, but I certainly don't want it inside me again!

Here's what I do: you know that 90% of the enjoyment in food is actually in the smell. That's why people who lose their sense of smell get really thin' date=' because they can't smell food anymore.

When I gave up sugar years ago, I learned that just because something smells good, doesn't mean I have to stuff it in my face. I learned to bask in the smell, roll around in it, and get my enjoyment from that.

I have lovely memories of brownies, Cookies, cakes. I think of them like an old lover. It was fun while it lasted, but I certainly don't want it inside me again![/quote']

:P

I have lovely memories of brownies' date=' Cookies, cakes. I think of them like an old lover. It was fun while it lasted, but I certainly don't want it inside me again![/quote']

Funniest thing I have read in, I don't know when. I am stealing this!!!! LMAO

I'm on day 8 of my post-op liquid diet...

And he's in the kitchen cooking bacon!

Now my head is screaming

BACON!!!!!!

FEED ME BACON!!!

Now I have the task of convincing my head that the Protein shake taste better! Wish me luck.

It was my hubbys birthday 4 days post op. Being the good wife I am, I made him his favorite meal chicken parmesean, rigatoni with Tomato sauce and garlic bread...followed by birthday cake..I watched as my family scarfed it down...it looked so yummy..but really had no desire 2 actually eat it..I love food and enjoy cooking and find that just the smell of something delicious is satisfying enough (for now) ; )